Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Apr 3, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #1,713 of 3,873
Looks like a purse
7aa4271ed599b4331fe37dd884f3fcdc--police-gear-police-life.jpg

Apr 3, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #1,714 of 3,873
Looks like something out of star trek. I like!

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,716 of 3,873
Does anyone know where to buy the N8 black version? I don’t see Musicteck selling it.
I heard the N8 BB will be released for sale by mid of April....

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #1,717 of 3,873
I don’t know if people is aware of Cayin N8 still. But there is a promotion package from Musicteck that just came to me while I am surfing around. MSRP on Cayin N8 with a Free Aiva as a bonus headphones.

This combination is crazily good in both synergy and performances.
Does anyone know where to buy the N8 black version? I don’t see Musicteck selling it.
Probably not released yet, Musicteck should be the authorized dealer and the place to have it first ? I would think. The BB is Brass body right ? It should affect the sound quality then. Isn’t the other one Stainless Steel ?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,718 of 3,873
I don’t know if people is aware of Cayin N8 still. But there is a promotion package from Musicteck that just came to me while I am surfing around. MSRP on Cayin N8 with a Free Aiva as a bonus headphones.

Probably not released yet, Musicteck should be the authorized dealer and the place to have it first ? I would think. The BB is Brass body right ? It should affect the sound quality then. Isn’t the other one Stainless Steel ?

Vince,
Yes. Musicteck told me that around 4/8 brass (black) body N8 will be available and shipped to them around 4/11. It is going to sell fast. That is why headfiers already reserved a few.
I saw the offer but I don’t know that type of headphones. However, I am broke and might afford only the N8 for now. :wink:

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,719 of 3,873

Brass body then coated in Teflon, yea the original is Stainless Steel.

Units are actually shipping Monday

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,720 of 3,873
If you already own the N8 SS how do you justify trading for the Brass version?

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,721 of 3,873
If you already own the N8 SS how do you justify trading for the Brass version?

Stainless Steel is harder than Brass, But less conductive than Brass as Brass is a Copper Alloy. It depends on what type of Brass grade though. Generally for Portable DAP, the Ground or Chassis will affect the sound quality as technically it would affect the current flow of Active components. Therefore, the sound performances would be different between 2 devices. Whether you can or not be able to tell the differences is entirely up to you though.

How could you justify trading in ? Brass is a superior conductor, and Black is generally better looking (though this is subjective)

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #1,723 of 3,873
The N8BB is being shipped with the $200 diginis case also. Not sure I like the idea of sticking the metal bits on the N8 just to use that case though.

P.S. the similar diginis case that shipped with the plenue l lasted me about 2 weeks before it looked likes ass, all the dye just wears straight off and the soft leather scratches if you just look at it too long.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,725 of 3,873
I believe Cayin will jack up the price of N8 black brass because maybe the brass is more expensive than SS and the sound and the look are cool! :wink:

It is not necessary that a superior conductor for chassis can be performing better than an inferior chassis though. However, it would sound different. For example, the Aluminum chassis on Dx200 is superior to Titanium limited version, but the Titanium sound better due to upgraded and higher quality components :wink:. Beside that, the impact would be more like a compromises on this section and then benefiting other sections. So, for the same components and lay-out of the PcB with only different Chassis, it would be more likely a personal preferences from (aethestic and subjectively personal sound perceptions)

There are a lot in these DAP.....even some changes in Decoupling capacitors or resistors would impact quality

If you want to know more specific, I guess you should summon Cayin and ask for specific details @AndyKong

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back