Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 30, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #7,262 of 8,192
R01 is here and the past 2 weeks i have been trying them a lot but still about 40 hours of burn in !!!
More time is needed haha !!!
20210924_020653.jpg

TBH its so much different than T01 and I love it altogether !!!! @Andykong You were correct !!! The modules that i have tried has so many different signatures and based on own preference one can choose one over the other !!!

But from E02 its similar but different alltogether, will come to what your preferences are pretty much !!! The most notable difference for me was the stage and realistic feel that you get from R01
20210924_020157.jpg

Thanks to @MusicTeck and @mvvRAZ for making me buy this!!!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #7,264 of 8,192
I have experienced dropped connection, but not in regular based. Maybe others can share their experience.

Does it make any different when you connect to your router in 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

When you said lost connection after some time playing, do you mean drop off after 5 minutes or 20 minutes?

Have you try with other router or WiFi source? For example, setup a WiFi hotspot from your mobile phone for the DAP?

If you to keep all mobile phones away from your DAP, does it improve the connection?

I've been using it mainly in 2.4GHz, the issue is, after some minutes, the connection seems to be dropped, I then change to the other frequency (if I'm in 2.4GHz, I change to 5GHz, vice versa), and it'll work for another 30 minutes or so. I do live in a crowded area, but my other devices have no issues (chromecast, notebook, phone, etc).
I don't have any other router available, but I've tried with my mobile phone's as you suggested, with similar results.

I can keep my phone away, but this doesn't seem to affect it, the signal level stays the same, but the connection seems to be lost after some time. Sorry that it took some time to answer, I've looked into my router's settings and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong too, the dap is in the latest software version with the T01 module installed. I'm happy to provide logs and whatnot.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #7,265 of 8,192
Well, I finally got my N6ii a couple of days ago now and although I had ordered just the DAP and a separate R01 module the N6ii came with the A01 installed too! Bonus is that my dealer didn't charge me for this. Anyway I thought I would just use the A01 meantime in order to get everything set up, which took quite a short time even for me and I had Qobuz streaming and SD card hi res albums on hand.

I was not ready for the sound quality. It is very good indeed. My N6ii replaces a Limetree streaming DAC teamed with a Cayin iHA6 amp as my home/office system. I think the N6ii matches this for the most part and even improves on the layering and soundstaging. The UI is responsive and quick enough with a good quality screen. Although it is not the lightest DAP it has a nice heft that speaks of quality and it sits easily on my desk and doesn't slide about it you move with headphones on.

Don't think I have been impressed with such a small box since a Sony Pro Walkman......ask your father.......

On top of that I haven't even opened the R01 box yet as I have been too busy enjoying this!!!

I shall report back soon.....
It is normal for N6ii to be bundle with a module, there will be a slight price different depending what module u get other than R01. That what i found out before getting n6ii-ti. Anyway he is honesty enough to do that at least.

Do try out the R01, love it compared to my Se200 n Kann Cube. So easy and relax to listen to.

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #7,266 of 8,192
It is normal for N6ii to be bundle with a module, there will be a slight price different depending what module u get other than R01. That what i found out before getting n6ii-ti. Anyway he is honesty enough to do that at least.

Do try out the R01, love it compared to my Se200 n Kann Cube. So easy and relax to listen to.
I initially thought that too but my dealer who works directly with Cayin said he could get the N6ii "body" alone with just an R01 module because Cayin had run out of the Ti special edition. So he had factored that into the price he paid Cayin and what he charged me. It is still a bargain whatever way round because the sound quality is the best I have heard from a DAP by a country mile (or kilometer depending on your region).

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #7,267 of 8,192
I initially thought that too but my dealer who works directly with Cayin said he could get the N6ii "body" alone with just an R01 module because Cayin had run out of the Ti special edition. So he had factored that into the price he paid Cayin and what he charged me. It is still a bargain whatever way round because the sound quality is the best I have heard from a DAP by a country mile (or kilometer depending on your region).
Great for you, I tried to do it here but no such luck. Anyway no regret. I found my keeper for now.

Oct 3, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #7,268 of 8,192
Great for you, I tried to do it here but no such luck. Anyway no regret. I found my keeper for now.
Ok I have fitted the R01 module now and am already surprised at the step up it makes. Singers and instruments have a more sharply defined position also the bass and treble seem more extended but not boomy in the bass nor sibilant on the treble. It sounds more realistic and much closer to my main system in these respects. Quite remarkable.

Oct 3, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #7,269 of 8,192
Oh and one more thing while I remember. Can we ask Cayin to make an R02, much in the manner of the E01 and E02. So the R02 would have the same R2R dac but with only one 4.4 balanced headphone out which can also be a line out and then we have the definitive reason to get a C9........

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #7,270 of 8,192
Oh and one more thing while I remember. Can we ask Cayin to make an R02, much in the manner of the E01 and E02. So the R02 would have the same R2R dac but with only one 4.4 balanced headphone out which can also be a line out and then we have the definitive reason to get a C9........
According to Cayin, R01 is the last module. I think we are all done :)

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #7,272 of 8,192
Didn't they said that about the E02?

After E02 they left the door open by saying "unless we come up with something new and innovative". R-2R was it. I mean, I would like to be proven wrong, but nothing else is out there, and I don't think there is enough room for 4.4mm bal PO and LO. That would be the only remaining logical config for R02.

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #7,274 of 8,192
After E02 they left the door open by saying "unless we come up with something new and innovative". R-2R was it. I mean, I would like to be proven wrong, but nothing else is out there, and I don't think there is enough room for 4.4mm bal PO and LO. That would be the only remaining logical config for R02.
It is better to live in hope than in Whitburn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back