Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #6,631 of 8,192
I was able to configure it as I wanted (thanks Nova Launcher), but I am struggling with the playlist import functionnality.
I also have Audirvana, exact same music folders on my PC and my N6ii. I exported a playlist with relative paths but cannot import the playlist in Cayin and HiBy apps (playlist remains empty).
However, it works with UAPP!
So is there a trick for the Cayin and HiBy apps ?
Any help will be much appreciated :)
I also use M3U playlists exported from Audirvana using relative paths. They need to be copied to the N6ii's micro-SD card in the correct place along with your music files. If it works in UAPP then that's a good start.

It's a bit confusing in how to import a playlist into the Cayin and HiBy apps. Here are some steps:

1. In the Cayin (or HiBy Music) app click the middle icon at the top which looks like a musical note symbol with horizontal lines.

2. Next, click on Playlist and then click on Import Playlist.

3. You will get a popup that says Please select a M3U file. On this popup Click on on the grey text Click there to select file.

4. Browse to your M3U playlist file and select it.

5. Click OK and then the Cayin app will read your M3U playlist.

Let me know if that procedure works for you. I have noticed that sometimes the M3U file gets locked/hidden by UAPP so cannot be found by the Cayin/HiBy apps. If that happens I just copy it back on to the N6ii and try to import it again.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #6,632 of 8,192
Anyone having issues with Qobuz on their N6ii? I updated the app yesterday and since then I'm struggling to get much of the content to play....

What version did you get? 6.0 ??? I am still in 5.20, works as before. So, at least, a big thank you for the heads up!
Please consider posting any Qobuz issues here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/

It is the only way known to me by which you get Qobuz to react wrt software issues or requests. Mailing support@qobuz.com or android@qobuz.com is pretty useless (pls excuse my honesty), unless subscription money is involved. The AS thread is monitored by (a few, mainly one) Qobuz representative, whom you should also address directly (@), David Craff.

BTW, if you didn‘t know of this AS thread up to now, you‘ll be overwhelmed by the sheer number and diversity of Qobuz software issues. Don‘t get distracted by the number of feature requests presented by the folks over there.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #6,633 of 8,192
Please consider posting any Qobuz issues here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/

It is the only way known to me by which you get Qobuz to react wrt software issues or requests. Mailing support@qobuz.com or android@qobuz.com is pretty useless (pls excuse my honesty), unless subscription money is involved. The AS thread is monitored by (a few, mainly one) Qobuz representative, whom you should also address directly (@), David Craff.

BTW, if you didn‘t know of this AS thread up to now, you‘ll be overwhelmed by the sheer number and diversity of Qobuz software issues. Don‘t get distracted by the number of feature requests presented by the folks over there.

Hope that helps.
@gonzfi: Please let us know what version you are on now, and how things are going. Myself, I won‘t update to any v 6 - a big thank you for your heads-up.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #6,634 of 8,192
I also use M3U playlists exported from Audirvana using relative paths. They need to be copied to the N6ii's micro-SD card in the correct place along with your music files. If it works in UAPP then that's a good start.

It's a bit confusing in how to import a playlist into the Cayin and HiBy apps. Here are some steps:

1. In the Cayin (or HiBy Music) app click the middle icon at the top which looks like a musical note symbol with horizontal lines.

2. Next, click on Playlist and then click on Import Playlist.

3. You will get a popup that says Please select a M3U file. On this popup Click on on the grey text Click there to select file.

4. Browse to your M3U playlist file and select it.

5. Click OK and then the Cayin app will read your M3U playlist.

Let me know if that procedure works for you. I have noticed that sometimes the M3U file gets locked/hidden by UAPP so cannot be found by the Cayin/HiBy apps. If that happens I just copy it back on to the N6ii and try to import it again.

Thanks for the quick feedback !
Well I first tried with both Cayin and HiBy apps with no success. Then with UAPP, and it worked flawlessly...

I tried again with both apps.
I am following your steps, but it just won't work.

I will try later with another playlist and will report back.

Have a nice weekend !

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #6,635 of 8,192
Thanks for the quick feedback !
Well I first tried with both Cayin and HiBy apps with no success. Then with UAPP, and it worked flawlessly...

I tried again with both apps.
I am following your steps, but it just won't work.

I will try later with another playlist and will report back.

Have a nice weekend !
Okay, what exactly happens when you try to import an M3U playlist into the Cayin? What do you see? Does it process any songs from the M3U playlists?

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #6,636 of 8,192
Okay, what exactly happens when you try to import an M3U playlist into the Cayin? What do you see? Does it process any songs from the M3U playlists?
It processes, but with no songs in the end.
I can see the playlist, but with 0 song.

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #6,638 of 8,192
Can you paste a few lines from the M3U playlist?
Sure, I don't know if I did it the right way, I changed the playlist extension to .txt

#EXTINF:225,Le vent (generique debut) intreprete par catherine ringer
D:\Musique\Flac\2 - Bandes Originales\Alexandre Desplat\Reines d'un jour\01 - Catherine Ringer - Reines d'un jour - Le vent (generique debut) intreprete par catherine ringer.flac
#EXTINF:189,Balance ton quoi
D:\Musique\Flac\Angèle\Brol\02 - Angèle - Brol - Balance ton quoi.flac
#EXTINF:149,L'homme à l'accordéon
D:\Musique\Mp3\BATpointG\Homme akkordéon\06 - BATpointG - Homme akkordéon - L'homme à l'accordéon.mp3
#EXTINF:299,Violently happy
D:\Musique\Mp3\Björk\Debut\10 - Björk - Debut - Violently happy.mp3
#EXTINF:286,Where is the love
D:\Musique\Flac\The Black Eyed Peas\Elephunk\13 - The Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk - Where is the love.flac
#EXTINF:217,U3
D:\Musique\Mp3\The Bumblebees\Bee Side Session\01 - The Bumblebees - Bee Side Session - U3.mp3
#EXTINF:217,Je ne comprends pas
D:\Musique\Mp3\Cécile Hercule\Cécile Hercule\02 - Cécile Hercule - Cécile Hercule - Je Ne Comprends Pas.mp3
#EXTINF:189,Faut pas pleurer comme ça
D:\Musique\Flac\Daniel Guichard\Un coeur grand comme ça\01 - Daniel Guichard - Un coeur grand comme ça - Faut pas pleurer comme ça.flac
#EXTINF:466,Imaginary friends
D:\Musique\Mp3\deadmau5\W__2016ALBUM_\06 - deadmau5 - W 2016ALBUM - Imaginary friends.mp3
#EXTINF:185,Om du möter varg
D:\Musique\Mp3\Detektivbyran\Wermland\01 - Detektivbyrån - Wermland - Om du möter varg.mp3
#EXTINF:304,Enter the ninja
D:\Musique\Mp3\Die Antwoord\$O$\03 - Die Antwoord - $O$ - Enter the ninja.mp3
#EXTINF:213,Taxi fantastique (Radio version)
D:\Musique\Flac\Dragana'\Taxi Fantastique\01 - Dragana' - Taxi Fantastique - Taxi fantastique (Radio version).flac
#EXTINF:214,Beautiful freak
D:\Musique\Flac\Eels\Beautiful freak\04 - Eels - Beautiful freak - Beautiful freak.flac
#EXTINF:306,Polvere di gesso
D:\Musique\Flac\Gianmaria Testa\Lampo\02 - Gianmaria Testa - Lampo - Polvere di gesso.flac
#EXTINF:313,In the death car
D:\Musique\Mp3\2 - Bandes Originales\Goran Bregović\Arizona Dream\01 - Goran Bregović - Arizona Dream - In the death car.mp3
#EXTINF:537,November rain
D:\Musique\Flac\Guns N' Roses\1991 - Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I\10 - Guns N' Roses - Use your illusion I - November rain.flac
#EXTINF:194,Léo
D:\Musique\Mp3\Hollydays\Hollywood Bizarre\03 - Hollydays - Hollywood Bizarre - Léo.mp3
#EXTINF:271,Legs
D:\Musique\Flac\ZZ Top\Greatest Hits\18 - ZZ Top - Greatest Hits - Legs.flac
#EXTINF:137,Gopher
D:\Musique\Flac\Yma Sumac\Mambo!\03 - Yma Sumac - Mambo! - Gopher.flac
#EXTINF:241,Beast
D:\Musique\Mp3\Vincent Vincent And The Villains\Gospel Bombs\01 - Vincent Vincent And The Villains - Gospel Bombs - Beast.mp3
#EXTINF:380,Rabbit in your headlights
D:\Musique\Mp3\Unkle\Psyence Fiction\11 - Unkle - Psyence Fiction - Rabbit in your headlights.mp3
#EXTINF:426,Antisocial
D:\Musique\Flac\Trust\Trust à l'Olympia\11 - Trust - A L'Olympia - Antisocial.flac

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #6,639 of 8,192
Sure, I don't know if I did it the right way, I changed the playlist extension to .txt

#EXTINF:225,Le vent (generique debut) intreprete par catherine ringer
D:\Musique\Flac\2 - Bandes Originales\Alexandre Desplat\Reines d'un jour\01 - Catherine Ringer - Reines d'un jour - Le vent (generique debut) intreprete par catherine ringer.flac
#EXTINF:189,Balance ton quoi
D:\Musique\Flac\Angèle\Brol\02 - Angèle - Brol - Balance ton quoi.flac
#EXTINF:149,L'homme à l'accordéon
D:\Musique\Mp3\BATpointG\Homme akkordéon\06 - BATpointG - Homme akkordéon - L'homme à l'accordéon.mp3
#EXTINF:299,Violently happy
D:\Musique\Mp3\Björk\Debut\10 - Björk - Debut - Violently happy.mp3
#EXTINF:286,Where is the love
D:\Musique\Flac\The Black Eyed Peas\Elephunk\13 - The Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk - Where is the love.flac
#EXTINF:217,U3
D:\Musique\Mp3\The Bumblebees\Bee Side Session\01 - The Bumblebees - Bee Side Session - U3.mp3
#EXTINF:217,Je ne comprends pas
D:\Musique\Mp3\Cécile Hercule\Cécile Hercule\02 - Cécile Hercule - Cécile Hercule - Je Ne Comprends Pas.mp3
#EXTINF:189,Faut pas pleurer comme ça
D:\Musique\Flac\Daniel Guichard\Un coeur grand comme ça\01 - Daniel Guichard - Un coeur grand comme ça - Faut pas pleurer comme ça.flac
#EXTINF:466,Imaginary friends
D:\Musique\Mp3\deadmau5\W__2016ALBUM_\06 - deadmau5 - W 2016ALBUM - Imaginary friends.mp3
#EXTINF:185,Om du möter varg
D:\Musique\Mp3\Detektivbyran\Wermland\01 - Detektivbyrån - Wermland - Om du möter varg.mp3
#EXTINF:304,Enter the ninja
D:\Musique\Mp3\Die Antwoord\$O$\03 - Die Antwoord - $O$ - Enter the ninja.mp3
#EXTINF:213,Taxi fantastique (Radio version)
D:\Musique\Flac\Dragana'\Taxi Fantastique\01 - Dragana' - Taxi Fantastique - Taxi fantastique (Radio version).flac
#EXTINF:214,Beautiful freak
D:\Musique\Flac\Eels\Beautiful freak\04 - Eels - Beautiful freak - Beautiful freak.flac
#EXTINF:306,Polvere di gesso
D:\Musique\Flac\Gianmaria Testa\Lampo\02 - Gianmaria Testa - Lampo - Polvere di gesso.flac
That's not relatively pathed! Your M3U playlist file is using absolute pathing. Also, the name of the M3U playlist file should have a M3U extension (e.g. MyPlaylist.M3U).

When you export in Audirvana, tick the Use relative file paths option:

pYe92wa.jpg

The filepaths must match between your exported M3U playlist and your music library on your Cayin N6ii. In other words, each song in your M3U playlist must be on your micro-SD in the same relative path.

As an example:

If you are copying all of D:\Musique onto your micro-SD card in the N6ii, then your micro-SD card will hold:

Musique\Mp3\Detektivbyran\Wermland\01 - Detektivbyrån - Wermland - Om du möter varg.mp3​
Musique\Mp3\Die Antwoord\$O$\03 - Die Antwoord - $O$ - Enter the ninja.mp3​
Musique\Flac\Dragana'\Taxi Fantastique\01 - Dragana' - Taxi Fantastique - Taxi fantastique (Radio version).flac​
Musique\Flac\Eels\Beautiful freak\04 - Eels - Beautiful freak - Beautiful freak.flac​
Musique\Flac\Gianmaria Testa\Lampo\02 - Gianmaria Testa - Lampo - Polvere di gesso.flac​

Your exported M3U playlist should be put in the same level as the Musique folder on your micro-SD card and the M3U file would contain:

Musique\Mp3\Detektivbyran\Wermland\01 - Detektivbyrån - Wermland - Om du möter varg.mp3​
#EXTINF:304,Enter the ninja​
#EXTINF:213,Taxi fantastique (Radio version)​
Musique\Flac\Dragana'\Taxi Fantastique\01 - Dragana' - Taxi Fantastique - Taxi fantastique (Radio version).flac​
#EXTINF:214,Beautiful freak​
Musique\Flac\Eels\Beautiful freak\04 - Eels - Beautiful freak - Beautiful freak.flac​
#EXTINF:306,Polvere di gesso​
Musique\Flac\Gianmaria Testa\Lampo\02 - Gianmaria Testa - Lampo - Polvere di gesso.flac​

Notice the relative pathing - Cayin Music player will look for your music files from where you imported your M3U playlist from. In the above example it will find them.

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #6,640 of 8,192
That's not relatively pathed! Your M3U playlist file is using absolute pathing. Also, the name of the M3U playlist file should have a M3U extension (e.g. MyPlaylist.M3U).

pYe92wa.jpg

The filepaths must match between your exported M3U playlist and your music library on your Cayin N6ii. In other words, each song in your M3U playlist must be on your micro-SD in the same relative path.

As an example:

If you are copying all of D:\Musique onto your micro-SD card in the N6ii, then your micro-SD card will hold:

Your exported M3U playlist should be put in the same level as the Musique folder on your micro-SD card and the M3U file would contain:

Notice the relative pathing - Cayin Music player will look for your music files from where you imported your M3U playlist from. In the above example it will find them.

Ok, I will try to export the playlist again and see if I have such a box to tick.
I use Audirvana in Windows 10, and when I am saving a playlist, I have the choice to save it using absolute path or relative one. I chose relative path...

UAPP managed to import the playlist.
I guess if the path was absolute, it would not have been able to do it, or am I wrong?

Both folders are exactly the same on my PC and on the SD card. 😉

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #6,641 of 8,192
Ok, I will try to export the playlist again and see if I have such a box to tick.
I use Audirvana in Windows 10, and when I am saving a playlist, I have the choice to save it using absolute path or relative one. I chose relative path...

UAPP managed to import the playlist.
I guess if the path was absolute, it would not have been able to do it, or am I wrong?

Both folders are exactly the same on my PC and on the SD card. 😉
So I exported the file again, once with absolute path, then again with relative path (choice given in Windows when saving the file).
I changed the default application to Text to open the file and guess what ? D:\ does not appear anymore.
I changed again the extension to .m3u, copied the file to the SD Card, imported the playlist, and this time, it worked !!!

So I guess it was Audirvana at fault but probmem solved thanks to your kind answers.

Thanks again ! :)

Jul 4, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #6,642 of 8,192

pYe92wa.jpg

As an example:

Thanks again, I will double check the playlists are really with relative paths in the future.
I knew what I did, but you were right 😉
Have a nice day!

What I learned and like in this thread : you all are kind and helpful!

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #6,645 of 8,192
What's that beautiful orange N6II case??? Where to buy? 😳

I guess it is a Dignis leather case but unfortunarely nowhere to be found now, unless someone can give a hint as I would love to get one as well 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back