Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #3,301 of 8,192
Yep, that's what I heard as well from various retailers. Amazon takes a big cut of the sale, thus selling it directly at a lower price brings in as much as it would selling it at higher price on Amazon.

Makes sense. I only have a 100 dollar Amazon gift card so even with tax it would be cheaper from musicteck, but if I buy it from there on sale I can't return it if I don't like it. I have to sell it on here or Ebay and take a loss. Probably better to buy it directly from Andrew, he's done me solids before :wink: Nice guy.

I do wish there was a place close where I could check out all these new daps.

And as a long time Amazon customer, I don't like their business practices as of late.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #3,302 of 8,192
Makes sense. I only have a 100 dollar Amazon gift card so even with tax it would be cheaper from musicteck, but if I buy it from there on sale I can't return it if I don't like it. I have to sell it on here or Ebay and take a loss. Probably better to buy it directly from Andrew, he's done me solids before :wink: Nice guy.

I do wish there was a place close where I could check out all these new daps.

And as a long time Amazon customer, I don't like their business practices as of late.

You can get daps as loaners for three days from Musicteck..

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #3,306 of 8,192
Really? How? That would be ultra cool.

I need to know in details too since I am interested in listening :wink:to N8.

This would be great info to have. I would love to audition a couple things before I actually buy them.

Straight from Musicteck’s website.

07D633BB-DC43-4762-A9D6-CFFF99C9BC9E.jpeg

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #3,307 of 8,192
Ah yes, that would require one day shipping back to them $$. Mise well use Amazon prime instead.

I mean it's cool you can do that though. :)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #3,308 of 8,192
Ah yes, that would require one day shipping back to them $$. Mise well use Amazon prime instead.

I mean it's cool you can do that though. :)

I think you just have to ship it back after 3 days, but choose your shipping method. Nothing says it has to be one day.

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #3,310 of 8,192
Oh, I thought it had to be back at the end of the 3rd day. I'm still not exactly sure and I don't see a notes field.

I would say as long as it is shipped after the trial. Of course I am sure they would want the tracking number. For me, with work, three days is not enough time.

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #3,311 of 8,192
I would say as long as it is shipped after the trial. Of course I am sure they would want the tracking number. For me, with work, three days is not enough time.

Yep I agree, I work at home but still it takes time to form an opinion and see how you like something.

I'm ordering one just out of curiosity and because of the switchable modules. I'll be comparing it with dx160, r3 pro last daps I've had and my little Sony a105 which has a surprisingly quality sound imo.

From pics this thing looks like a brick, I'm not keen on the looks, but we'll see :) I didn't really like the n3, or the n5ii (which I thought was a touch thin)

Still with all the rave reviews :wink:

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #3,313 of 8,192
Insight...

I gave up N6 for N8 for significant cost and slight change in sq.

Get the n6. :)

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #3,314 of 8,192
Let’s also not forget that with amazon some people disgustingly abuse their return policy

Eg “let’s buy three headphones and i’ll see if i end up keeping one”

i think retailers offering demo units or offering returns with a modest restocking fee of say 10% is great

IMHO

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #3,315 of 8,192
The more impressions I read of the E01 the more I want to get one. I’m currently saving for a cable at the moment though so I might have to wait a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back