Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 3, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #5,762 of 8,192
Unit came fully charged and I'm still listening but has now gone down to 2 lights. Something wrong with that? I've done nothing to the unit since receiving it apart from connect my N6ii with A02 and listened through IEM and my Sundara's. 😇

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #5,763 of 8,192
Unit came fully charged and I'm still listening but has now gone down to 2 lights. Something wrong with that? I've done nothing to the unit since receiving it apart from connect my N6ii with A02 and listened through IEM and my Sundara's. 😇
Nothing is wrong with that, I am just surprised that the battery of the C9 was rated at 10-15 hours max, and you used 12 hours to just observer %25 down. That means you can run on 40+ hours
B0DDC831-E1C5-4DC4-92F9-6B0A0C22E5B3.jpeg

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #5,764 of 8,192
Must admit I'm surprised as well. Did very well on its first outing! Even after the first three hours of play the lights still displayed full. But now I've turned it back on its showing one light now. Not bad for all those hours I got out of it! But somewhat confusing that the lights disappear when one shuts down and turns back on again. Or is it that the batteries run down more rapidly the lower they get? Seems also that the Battery indicator may not be wanting to update whilst in operation? Not sure. Need to play around with the unit more. Now going to charge up and the accurately monitor again.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #5,765 of 8,192
oooooo..... C9 does not turn on now😱 I think its totally out of juice. Plugged it in and the Battery is charging. Fingers crossed I didn't overstep the mark too much with draining the battery excessively. Doing a slow charge just to make sure. In addition, another separate question. That Power Button light... Does it only light up white or are there other colours?

Apr 4, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #5,766 of 8,192
Success! C9 is now fully charged. I turned the unit on and it clicked in to readiness like normal. N6ii is also fully charged. Both working perfectly. Phew! That was a nail biter from what happened last night when not switching back on.... So, onwards with the listening and sampling of offerings. 🥳

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #5,767 of 8,192
Sometimes when using the ao2 module single ended I get a horribly crackly noise. After a couple of resets it sounds fine. Any idea why this might be? Not a massive problem but a bit annoying. And I've tried several amps and several cables to rule out those parts of the chain.

Apr 4, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #5,768 of 8,192
Sometimes when using the ao2 module single ended I get a horribly crackly noise. After a couple of resets it sounds fine. Any idea why this might be? Not a massive problem but a bit annoying. And I've tried several amps and several cables to rule out those parts of the chain.

Is that by chance when listening to Tidal streaming online and/or downloaded MQA?

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #5,770 of 8,192
I don’t use SE, so I can’t tell. However, usually crackling noises is due to bad connections. Why don’t you remove the module and make sure cleaning up the receptacles well and properly have it inserted in ? Let’s see if it help ?

Apr 4, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #5,771 of 8,192
It's qobuz online and downloaded files....
I get a 1 second crackling sound at the beginning/start of MQA streamed or downloaded tracks from Tidal.

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #5,773 of 8,192
This happens when there is a sample rate change. We'll have to live with it.
Yes. Saw a thread on this a while ago. Not an issue for me either.

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #5,774 of 8,192
@Andykong and N6ii users, have any of you with E02 board done any line out connection to a single ended Amp? I am getting a Topping A50s for my desktop rig and despite it being Balanced on the output side, the input are dual RCAs single ended. I can easily DIY my own ICs of 4.4mm to dual RCAs, just don't want to blow up my beloved N6ii:sweat:

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #5,775 of 8,192
@Andykong and N6ii users, have any of you with E02 board done any line out connection to a single ended Amp? I am getting a Topping A50s for my desktop rig and despite it being Balanced on the output side, the input are dual RCAs single ended. I can easily DIY my own ICs of 4.4mm to dual RCAs, just don't want to blow up my beloved N6ii:sweat:

Use this DDhifi adapter to connect 3.5mm SE to E02 4.4mm jack. It is wired specifically to use only one side of balanced output. This way you "switch" E02 into E01 mode :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back