Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Mar 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,681 of 1,977
  Thanks Andy

I am using the line out and not the headphone out to the HA2

You are right about the sound quality being more refined with just the N6

I have Sennheiser HD600s which require a lot more power and just bought OPPO P3's.
The Sennheisers have a more airy nature but are best at lower amplification on the N6 if N6 alone (don't clip it)

What is more desirable? Having the larger amount of amplification come from the N6 or the HA2?

thanks

Tom

Sure for HD650 you should buy a C5. But it is still not enough for HD650. Pm3 sounds different. I can recommend to you Philips X2 or Beyerdynamic Custom Studio. It sounds closer to HD650.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #1,682 of 1,977
Thanks Andy

I am using the line out and not the headphone out to the HA2

You are right about the sound quality being more refined with just the N6

I have Sennheiser HD600s which require a lot more power and just bought OPPO P3's.
The Sennheisers have a more airy nature but are best at lower amplification on the N6 if N6 alone (don't clip it)

What is more desirable? Having the larger amount of amplification come from the N6 or the HA2?

thanks

Tom

I am not familiar the mix and match synergy of HA-2, so I can't comment on your question specifically. May I use Cayin C5 as substitute to illustrate my observation? C5 is definitely more powerful then HA-2 so you have to take that into consideration.

I have tried HD650, HD700 and HD800 with N6 and N6+C5. I think N6 alone definitely cannot handle HD650 and HD800 but can work with HD700 reasonable well, adding C5 into the chain definitely open up the HD650 a lot, N6 can make HD650 to play loud, very loud, but hardly enjoyable. Soundstage is congested, you won't feel a lot of liveliness in the music. Similar problems happen with HD800. HD700 is the easiest one among the Trio so I tends to recommend HD700 if someone start with N6.

For HD700, adding C5 will produce more benefit then drawback, but I can live with N6 direct. With HD650, adding C5 will make the headphone "enjoyable", and go for desktop amplifier such as Cayin iHA-6 will definitely make the HD60 sing with full potential. HD800 with C5 is fair, but not enjoyable, a desktop setup is more or less necessary for this headphone.

Regarding PM3, I'll rate this headphone as easier to handle when compare to HD700, so I can live with N6 driving it directly, but adding C5 (or HA-1) will improve slightly, but not by a significant margin when compare to the Sennheiser Trio. The Senn are a lot more scalable.

Will get on plane back to HK soon, off the radar for a while.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,684 of 1,977
People in the UK im looking at selling my N6 since i have a mojo now.  If anyone is interested drop me a PM and ill send a link to the post on AVForums.  Im not putting a post on here as i was n early scammed a few months ago and dont feel safe here.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #1,685 of 1,977
People in the UK im looking at selling my N6 since i have a mojo now.  If anyone is interested drop me a PM and ill send a link to the post on AVForums.  Im not putting a post on here as i was n early scammed a few months ago and dont feel safe here. Have you tried the cayin n6 paired with the mojo looking to do that combo, love to hear your thoughts.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #1,687 of 1,977
Im going to ask here as it seems busier than the N6 thread.

Im looking to sell my N6 after getting a mojo but not had much interest in it.  Im rethinking selling and using it with the Mojo but unsure what cable i need.  

On the N6 there is a coax out and a cable with a 3.5mm to female RCA phono.  Can i use this cable to plug into the mojo http://www.amazon.co.uk/SuperWhole-3-5mm-audio-Cable-Plated/dp/B0114A7QGU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A3ESLU4NR2Z9UZ

or can i use this direct from the coax out to the optical in on the mojo http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SWYU92U/ref=pd_luc_rh_sbs_02_04_t_img_lh?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 or this not sure if they are different http://www.amazon.co.uk/FosPower%C2%AE-Plated-Toslink-Digital-Optical/dp/B00T8HWUVS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1KYH34FY2ZBQA

or have i got it totally wrong and need a completely different cable / adapter for use with the N6

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,691 of 1,977
Hi, Andy!

I received an email from Cayin support. They ask me to send N6 to factory. Is it true, or I should wait for FW update with fixed table?

May 2, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,692 of 1,977
What is the best way to connect this to a Chord Mojo? At the moment I'm using a Fiio L17 cable (coax to coax)but if I understand correctly this isn't the best method. Would it be optical to 3.5mm? I cannot get my micro usb to micro usb to work, no sound is produced and the mojo doesn't recognise the player.

Thanks in advance

May 2, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,693 of 1,977
What is the best way to connect this to a Chord Mojo? At the moment I'm using a Fiio L17 cable (coax to coax)but if I understand correctly this isn't the best method. Would it be optical to 3.5mm? I cannot get my micro usb to micro usb to work, no sound is produced and the mojo doesn't recognise the player.

Thanks in advance

Coax is the best/only way to connect N6 to Mojo.

All you can change is the L17 cable for a legitimate coax cable. But, don't expect it to sound much different, if at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back