Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Feb 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #1,636 of 1,977
You are correct, if the song is from a whole track audio file with cue sheet, this is in fact a form of playlist already, we cannot include a partial playlist in a new playlist.

Thanks for your reply.

I seriously hope your side can consider to implement this function, because it is common to use cue sheet to organize tracks in a audio CD for different albums. I don't want to split them all just for inserting some of the tracks in playlists.
Also, I notice that from the existing favorite song function, we can favorite songs for tracks in a single audio files.

Maybe your side can implement several favorite lists instead? (As now only have 1 favorite list).

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #1,639 of 1,977
  id also like to know about a case and will the N6 drive a pair of senn hd650?  I also have a Cayin C5 amp and an Oppo HA2 amp would thses be needed if i got a pair of the 650s?

I can only speak to my HD800s

N6 drives them quite well

Tho my main choice is the darkstar for HD800s

N6 makes my   CIEM futuresonics MG6 pro shine as well

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,640 of 1,977
  Another update, put 3.1 back on and its working normally, remembering the track and position in the track after power off

i have had firmware 3.1 since its release

I have never had the ability to remember the last track played and position of after a power off and then on again

I often thought id like one , then dismissed the thought

Am i missing something ? Is there a setting i need to set to allow this function ?

Cheers

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,641 of 1,977
  i have had firmware 3.1 since its release

I have never had the ability to remember the last track played and position of after a power off and then on again

I often thought id like one , then dismissed the thought

Am i missing something ? Is there a setting i need to set to allow this function ?

Cheers

Hi, i think but not 100% sure its the breakpoint resume setting needs to  be on

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #1,643 of 1,977
Very annoying thing - when I tried to find some folder, I hold a "down" button until I can see needed folder on the screen, then I release it, but screen continue scrolling. It should stops immediately!

One more issue:
1) N6 powered off
2) External amp connected to line out and IEMs connected to headphone output at same time
3) Power on
4) Sound goes to headphone output instead line out.

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #1,644 of 1,977
I have this situation with die at 8% (and at 10% second time) - twice. Every time I just listened a music in background, display was off, random mode. I use only FLAC files, most of all 16\44.1, sometimes 24\44.1. When I tried to power it on, it shows that battery is low and power off immediately. Then I can not power it on until charge. 

Do you mind telling us how long have you been using the N6? From what you have described, there is a chance that the battery is not in a good condition and cannot hold the charge at low capacity, a sudden drop in battery voltage will cause the protection circuit to shut down the player to avoid further operation at under-powered condition.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 4, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #1,645 of 1,977
Thanks for your reply.

I seriously hope your side can consider to implement this function, because it is common to use cue sheet to[COLOR=252525] organize tracks [/COLOR][COLOR=252525]in a audio CD for different albums. I don't want to split them all just for inserting some of the tracks in playlists.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=252525]Also, I notice that from the existing favorite song function, we can favorite songs for tracks in a single audio files.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=252525]Maybe your side can implement several favorite lists instead? (As now only have 1 favorite list).[/COLOR]

What you have described is a nested playlist, this is beyond the processing power of the current MCU, theoretically we might have enough processing power with nested playlist if we restrict to 16/44.1, but to handle Hi-Res and DSD files in a playlist, and to support nested playlist at the same time, we cannot guarantee smooth playback already, hence unlikely that we can do this in current hardware config.

I can suggest multiple favorite list to the software team and see if that is possible.

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #1,646 of 1,977
Hi Andy

Any good news on the screen protector for n6:)

Yes, we'll include some screen protector to our oversee dealers in their next shipment.

You can PM me the dealer that you are buying from, I'll check if there is any shipment to the dealer recently, and confirm the availability. I can't promise a thorough tracking but I'll try.

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,647 of 1,977
Do you mind telling us how long have you been using the N6? From what you have described, there is a chance that the battery is not in a good condition and cannot hold the charge at low capacity, a sudden drop in battery voltage will cause the protection circuit to shut down the player to avoid further operation at under-powered condition.

About 2 months. Very bad news (

Last 5 times it discharged to 0%. But I can not charge it to 100%.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #1,648 of 1,977
Sometimes I see a very useful bug: Line out and headphone out works at the same time. So I hear a music from my full-size headphone and from my iems. But now I can not do it purposely. Who knows how to do that?

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #1,649 of 1,977
Hi, guys.

Looks like that N6 can not charging while powered off completely. So, it constantly drains about 0.1-0.13Ah and it equals charging power. My N6 charging for 13 hours and still has a 99%. Charging power does not change during last 9 hours and = 0.12-0.13Ah. FW 4.0

I have bumped into the Cayin N6 Engineer and have a quick chat about the charging problem you have mentioned previously.

First of all, he confirmed you observation is corrected. When you power off the N6 and start to charge the player, the moment you plug the micro USB cable into N6, the player will enter what we called semi-operated condition, That's why when you click at the power on button again, the player will turn on immediately, similar to a "wake-up" from sleep mode. The reason for this is to keep the Power Management chip and minimum System-on-chip in operation, this is the bare minimum operation we need to maintain in order to Manage the charging and feedback the battery capacity to the user. The Semi-operated condition will consume power, therefore electrical current become detectable.

Please be assure the the battery comes with a protection circuit, and the player has appropriate power management in place, this small current will not causing any harm to the battery even when you plug it in for long hours.

About 2 months. Very bad news (

Last 5 times it discharged to 0%. But I can not charge it to 100%.

So you regularly discharge your Lithium battery to zero and then attempt to charge them to 100% (well, 99% in your case)?

I hope you'll take my advice to adopt a short charging cycle practice with lithium-based batteries. Google on Lithium battery management or Memory effect of Lithium battery, you should find a lot of advise along similar line. I'll give a few quote to start with:

http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html
So fully discharging and charging the battery is completely useless and even harmful as we will see below. .....Full battery discharges (until laptop power shutdown, 0%) should be avoided, because this stresses the battery a lot and can even damage it. It's recommended to perform partial discharges to capacity levels of 20~30% and frequent charges, instead of performing a full discharging followed by a full charging.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
the depth of discharge (DoD) determines the cycle count of the battery. The smaller the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine. There is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life.

The second article even stated that if in a table that if you go for 100% DoD (drain to 0%), then the life time of the battery (Discharge cycles) will be greatly shorten to 300 – 500, but if you adopt a 50% DoD, the battery can last 1,200 – 1,500 Discharge Cycles.

Sometimes I see a very useful bug: Line out and headphone out works at the same time. So I hear a music from my full-size headphone and from my iems. But now I can not do it purposely. Who knows how to do that?

Cayin basically adopt a single output policy with the DAPs, we believe this is the best performance and safest practice to the general public. When there are more then one output connected to the device, we pick the last inserted output as the active output and disabled the previous output device.

From what I recalled, this practice was adopted in one of the N6 firmware update, I can't recall which one in specific, so maybe there is an older version of N6 firmware that will support multiple output. I don't encourage user to stick with old version firmware because of this reason, but for testing purpose, there is no harm to give it a try.

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #1,650 of 1,977
I have bumped into the Cayin N6 Engineer and have a quick chat about the charging problem you have mentioned previously.

Thanks a lot, Andykong!

I discharge my N6 to 0% to make a calibration for battery. And when I see this issue once, I tried to repeat it. That is it. Starting charging at 50% is not good, because N6 has a small battery time (

----

Here is modified FW v.4 with excluded animation for faster(2-3x times) boot/power off and fixed Russian font - https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mh6c6lx1jaxu04/n6_v4.zip?dl=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back