Cayin N5ii DAP & Tidal Offline
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AdilPress

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I'm new to head-fi. Always referred to the forums for a lot of things, but posting for the first time.
I recently purchased a Cayin N5ii DAP and its pretty good.

I have added a 128gb sd card in it. As for 3rd party apps, I have Tidal & Spotify.
I can save my offline songs and Spotify downloads to the sd card, but cannot save songs from Tidal there. Tidal only lets me save to internal storage which is hardly 24gb. In the Spotify app, there is an option in settings where one can choose the storage location, but no option in Tidal. Since Spotify can save to the sd card, it's not an Android limitation, but I cannot find a way to work around this.

I spent a few days searching online for a solution to this, but in vain.
If anyone has an idea about this issue, please let me know.
BTW the DAP runs on Android 5.1.1 with their own customisation.

Thanks,
Adil.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Check out the thread

Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player

Tidal can only be saved to internal memory. It appears this has to do with the combination of the the Tidal App and the N5ii’s modified Android.

I hope this can be rectified by a software update.

This limitation is one of the main reasons I have not committed to the purchase yet

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 5
They really should rectify this problem. I don't understand why they don't support such a crucial feature. Besides, this is not just a problem with Cayin players. I read on a forum somewhere that Fiio players also suffer from this limitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back