Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #2,206 of 4,108
IMG_20180421_050230.png

Soon ....... :)

Theres hope

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #2,207 of 4,108
Guys, there also others minor bug:

When the screen il locked and the music is playing for several minutes, the CTIA support seems to not responds correctly.

When I'm using the stock player, in the folder view the songs are not arranged by following the correct order, thing that when using another music player app (hiby music) don't occurs.

Also: It is possible to make petition to encourage development of hiby link over wifi direct?
...And maybe adding an option to add songs to queue list will be really cool :)

This dap is really good, the software is its only fault :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,208 of 4,108
When I go to the file properties the “year” does not show for any of my files. It states unknown. All files are fully tagged by musicbrainz and all other fields show.

Any have the year show?

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #2,209 of 4,108
In a relatively unrelated note, I've been following this thread as a user, but I am also a reviewer. I wanted to make up my mind on the N5ii before publishing my review, so I read this thread and interacted when I felt necessary.
Today I finally decided it was about time. So here is my Cayin N5ii review: https://www.soundphilereview.com/reviews/cayin-n5ii-review-1642/
I am thinking about bringing it to Head-Fi's review system. Of course, I am open to comments and criticisms of any kind.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #2,210 of 4,108
In a relatively unrelated note, I've been following this thread as a user, but I am also a reviewer. I wanted to make up my mind on the N5ii before publishing my review, so I read this thread and interacted when I felt necessary.
Today I finally decided it was about time. So here is my Cayin N5ii review: https://www.soundphilereview.com/reviews/cayin-n5ii-review-1642/
I am thinking about bringing it to Head-Fi's review system. Of course, I am open to comments and criticisms of any kind.

Thanks for the review Riccardo. It looks to be spot on from the sound point of view. More bugs than I have experienced though. Less software and more sound focus would have been preferred from my point of view.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #2,211 of 4,108

Interesting review! Maybe a little too focused on the software but well written. One of the problems with these types of devices is that everyone seems to want them to duplicate a lot of the functions of their smart phones when the primary purpose of them is to be a high quality music source. Even my smart phone is pretty far from perfect. And if Samsung and Google with all their resources still put out devices and software with fairly major bugs, maybe we could cut Cayin a little more slack. :)

If the N5ii wasn't an android player with streaming capabilities, bluetooth etc, it would still be well worth it's asking price on based sound quality alone.

I can totally understand how software bugs could ruin your experience with it if you need all the additional bells and whistles and hopefully they can get the firmware sorted out to perfection within the next couple of revisions.

People just judging it based on what they read from this thread are possibly getting an unfair impression.

For my use as a basic high quality music player it has been nearly perfect aside from a very few minor glitches.

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #2,213 of 4,108
200% agree:)
Wouldn't that mean you disagree? :p

Ive tried out the slightly tweaked new beta and it has shortened the playback pause to a mere split second. Oddly these pauses are only there when I use a corrupted sd card. If not then it works perfectly fine.

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #2,214 of 4,108
Interesting review! Maybe a little too focused on the software but well written. One of the problems with these types of devices is that everyone seems to want them to duplicate a lot of the functions of their smart phones when the primary purpose of them is to be a high quality music source. Even my smart phone is pretty far from perfect. And if Samsung and Google with all their resources still put out devices and software with fairly major bugs, maybe we could cut Cayin a little more slack. :)

If the N5ii wasn't an android player with streaming capabilities, bluetooth etc, it would still be well worth it's asking price on based sound quality alone.

I can totally understand how software bugs could ruin your experience with it if you need all the additional bells and whistles and hopefully they can get the firmware sorted out to perfection within the next couple of revisions.

People just judging it based on what they read from this thread are possibly getting an unfair impression.

For my use as a basic high quality music player it has been nearly perfect aside from a very few minor glitches.
Truth be told, my current favourite player is the Aune M1s, in terms of user experience. It's simple as it plays music and nothing more. That's what I actually look for - so I personally couldn't care less about the additional bells and whistles, if the player just works fine in reproducing music. Alas I found many bugs that prevent me from completely enjoying my experience. I've had enough of smartphones, tablets and smart devices in general - I prefer focusing just on music. :) If the Cayin N5ii managed and played music fine (no interruptions, no false matches in library, etc) then it would be almost perfect to me.

This is no apology nor going against what you say, anyway, just a bit of additional information on how I see things!

Apr 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #2,215 of 4,108
Wouldn't that mean you disagree? :p

I mean I ttotally agree twice:k701smile:

Ive tried out the slightly tweaked new beta and it has shortened the playback pause to a mere split second. Oddly these pauses are only there when I use a corrupted sd card.

Thats the point - corrupted sd card.:beerchug:

Couple of times in a day, may be, three, when Im trying to switch to another track (other artist, other album) quickly I get so-called playback pause bug.

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #2,216 of 4,108
Thats the point - corrupted sd card.:beerchug:
Wait, what do you mean?
Couple of times in a day, may be, three, when Im trying to switch to another track (other artist, other album) quickly I get so-called playback pause bug.
Just like that? Or are there more specific things I have to do to trigger it? I'd like to test it out.

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,217 of 4,108
Wait, what do you mean?
Huge source pf any troubles^ sd card itself, the way people transferred any files to it etc.
Or are there more specific things I have to do to trigger it?
No any specififc triggers. Actually playback delay happens in the first 30-40 minutes since player is on. After that I can switch between tracks as quickly as I want. No any delays

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #2,218 of 4,108
No any specififc triggers. Actually playback delay happens in the first 30-40 minutes since player is on. After that I can switch between tracks as quickly as I want. No any delays
That IS a specific trigger lol.

I will try it out.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #2,219 of 4,108
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP :D :D :D

This has been the only time ive been able to trigger freezes so consistently :D
Ive sent the logs to cayin and detailed the triggers youve provided. Thanks again!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back