Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #2,192 of 4,108
On the 19th I will receive an iBasso DX150. The 19th is also the day my N5ii review slot of the European tour ends. This is really too bad, for two reasons 1) I would have loved to be able to do a side-by-side comparison and 2) I WILL MISS THE N5ii!!!
Oh, well...

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #2,193 of 4,108
Thanks, I will try that. Which format do you prefer? FAT32/exFAT/NTFS?
I actually use both fat 32 and exfat. Exfat for my 200gb card and fat 32 for my 128gb card. I keep one as fat 32 as not all DAPs can support exfat/NTFS and I demo new stuff fairly frequently.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #2,194 of 4,108
On the 19th I will receive an iBasso DX150. The 19th is also the day my N5ii review slot of the European tour ends. This is really too bad, for two reasons 1) I would have loved to be able to do a side-by-side comparison and 2) I WILL MISS THE N5ii!!!
Oh, well...
So close yet so far lol

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,195 of 4,108
This is interesting........
Screenshot (7).png

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #2,197 of 4,108
From that photo, we can create a new (not being serious here) announcement....Sony is buying Cayin!
Cayin sound quality plus Sony firmware reliability.......

A man can dream can't he?

Edit : Ohhhh I know, switch from HiBy software to Sony!!!!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #2,199 of 4,108
I am thinking that if the new firmware is really really good, that we could freeze this thread and start a new thread about the experience of this unit with solid firmware.

That would be good for all of us, but the firmware has to deliver. Just a thought.
That would be a quote fest lol

A new thread with a better title would be nice. Make it FiiO style.

Cayin 2nd gen || ESS 9018k2m || True Balanced Out || DSD || DXD || MQS || Android || Dual Card Slot || USB DAC

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #2,201 of 4,108
Started getting the random track skip big today. Listening in audio priority mode, screen off tracks randomly advance to the next.
Track skip? Thats new

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #2,203 of 4,108
Started getting the random track skip big today. Listening in audio priority mode, screen off tracks randomly advance to the next.

This is a super dumb question, but is there any way the track skip button may have gotten bumped? I've had something like this happen but it's usually when I start listening to an album and put the player in my pocket or somewhere else. I assumed I had just hit the track skip button by mistake. I've only really noticed it going from the first song I start playing, it would occasionally jump to the next song (very rarely)

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #2,204 of 4,108
I hate to rain on parades but I think it is highly unlikely that we will trace the various bugs to random things like production batches. There are multiple bugs floating around, that range in perceived severity, that come back from time to time like a bad horror movie.

Somebody mentioned the idea of cleaning out the memory cards. I can attest that that can help, but the bugs are like the Walking Dead and at least for me do arise once again.

I think the idea of using bug catching software is very smart, and with any luck Cayin will be getting some good data to help resolve the various issues that have been reported. I still think we are one or two firmware revisions away from "greatness".

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #2,205 of 4,108
This is a super dumb question, but is there any way the track skip button may have gotten bumped? I've had something like this happen but it's usually when I start listening to an album and put the player in my pocket or somewhere else. I assumed I had just hit the track skip button by mistake. I've only really noticed it going from the first song I start playing, it would occasionally jump to the next song (very rarely)

It was sitting on my desk without anything around it. Screen off. I was surprised too. But once it happened more than once, I knew something was going on.

Just on my 2nd charge cycle, maybe 12 hours total of use. Just have seen this bug and the blurry artwork. I did report a lyrics issue in the tech support thread. Not sure how many people use lyrics, but there is an issue as reported.

Back a few years ago I was in the beta firmware program with fiio and their gen 1 X3. We were able to work a bunch of issues out. What did help was that Fiio used a separate closed forum for those using the beta firmware. Good way to collect all necessary info on bug reports.

I am confident these issues will get resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back