Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Apr 10, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #2,146 of 4,108
In my search for adding reasonable priced DAPs with balanced out to my collection I decided to buy one of these puppies. Should have it by Monday the latest & hoping it'll arrive before the weekend. I wanted balanced out DAP options to use with my new N5005's. Ordered a Hiby R6 as well but no idea on delivery time for that. I've read good things (for the most part) on the N5ii so I'm looking forward to holding and hearing it! I have 6 new DAPs on my list so 2 ticked off now!

Apr 10, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #2,147 of 4,108
I’ve been following every post of this thread from the beginning.

For all those out there using this device, would you recommend it as device for streaming apps (and downloading for offline)? From my reading, it appears this device does better from playing tracks off the HD card than it does using streaming apps.

I would appreciate your advice

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #2,148 of 4,108
I’ve been following every post of this thread from the beginning.

For all those out there using this device, would you recommend it as device for streaming apps (and downloading for offline)? From my reading, it appears this device does better from playing tracks off the HD card than it does using streaming apps.

I would appreciate your advice

It is fairly difficult to give you a full answer given that firmware is soon to be updated. Streaming works really well some days for me, using in my case Sirius XM. Some days it pauses; but then again right now I get pauses from time to time. We think and hope the upcoming firmware release will fix that. If it does, then Bob could well be your uncle. We shall see soon.

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #2,149 of 4,108
Alright, I've completed 7 cycles and I've encountered one restart, 2 colour inversions but surprisingly no random music pauses.

Keep in mind I have not gone out of pure music mode since the full reset.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #2,151 of 4,108
IMG_20180411_120356.jpg

This looks promising :wink:

Attachments

• RubricforReflectiveWriting-2.docx (1).pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #2,152 of 4,108
Alright, I've completed 7 cycles and I've encountered one restart, 2 colour inversions but surprisingly no random music pauses.

Keep in mind I have not gone out of pure music mode since the full reset.

Hi seanwee, it is great! could you please provide all your reset details for our test?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #2,154 of 4,108
Hi!
I've been using the DAP with the 3.1 FW for over a month and would like to point out the issues I encountered.
1. random stop for a couple of seconds. I think this is a common issue as reading through the last pages
2. Album arts are not showing up on random occasions although previously they were working
3. Sometimes I pause the track and pushing again the play button does nothing, I have to push the power button to resume play
Nevertheless I love this player, and hopefully these are by now all known issues and in the progress of work.

Oh and a question...
Any chance of getting the usb dac mode to work with a playstation4? Out of the box it doesn't seem to be supported.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #2,155 of 4,108
Hi seanwee, it is great! could you please provide all your reset details for our test?
Nothing special really, I just reset from inside settings, then reset again from recovery mode.

Then I just purely played music without going out of audio priority mode.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #2,157 of 4,108
Ranking in terms of sound : X7ii(AM3A)>DX200>N5ii
The X7ii sounds more refined compared to the DX200.

UI speed:
X7ii>N5ii>DX200
The DX200 was miles behind the N5ii and X7ii in terms of UI responsiveness. Its about as bad as the X1, you have to wait a while for a folder's contents to load. The same is true for individual files, there's even a loading bar XD. Not sure if this is the case with other units.

Totally didn't expect the DX200 to be like this.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #2,158 of 4,108
Ranking in terms of sound : X7ii(AM3A)>DX200>N5ii
The X7ii sounds more refined compared to the DX200.

UI speed:
X7ii>N5ii>DX200
The DX200 was miles behind the N5ii and X7ii in terms of UI responsiveness. Its about as bad as the X1, you have to wait a while for a folder's contents to load. The same is true for individual files, there's even a loading bar XD. Not sure if this is the case with other units.

Totally didn't expect the DX200 to be like this.

This topic is really for another thread. But...does the DX200 have the latest firmware? And if so is it stock (iBasso) or modded (Lurker0) version? I use Lurker's mod and my DX200 does not exhibit any file/library lengthy loading issues as you describe. Haven't bothered with stock since first getting the dap a year ago.

Will be interesting to see/hear compared to Cayin N5ii when I get it but I do know it won't surpass the DX200 by any stretch of the imagination. FiiO X7ii is next on my "to get" list along with an AK70 or AK70ii.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #2,159 of 4,108
This topic is really for another thread. But...does the DX200 have the latest firmware? And if so is it stock (iBasso) or modded (Lurker0) version? I use Lurker's mod and my DX200 does not exhibit any file/library lengthy loading issues as you describe. Haven't bothered with stock since first getting the dap a year ago.

Will be interesting to see/hear compared to Cayin N5ii when I get it but I do know it won't surpass the DX200 by any stretch of the imagination. FiiO X7ii is next on my "to get" list along with an AK70 or AK70ii.
Sound wise both the DX200 and X7ii are better than the N5ii.

The DX200 is using the latest stock firmware.

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,160 of 4,108
It is fairly difficult to give you a full answer given that firmware is soon to be updated. Streaming works really well some days for me, using in my case Sirius XM. Some days it pauses; but then again right now I get pauses from time to time. We think and hope the upcoming firmware release will fix that. If it does, then Bob could well be your uncle. We shall see soon.

Thanks so much
If you remember, please reply with updated experience when the new firmware drops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back