Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Nov 24, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #196 of 4,108
I had all but given up on Android players but this one gives me renewed hope and it sounds like the I5 is pretty darn solid as well. One way or another I will soon own my first Cayin DAP.

The i5 was around 18 months before N5ii, that is a very long time for current DAP market. So unless you have a strong preference to the warm/authoritative sound signature of i5, otherwise N5ii should be your safer bet.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 24, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #197 of 4,108

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #199 of 4,108
Nice!

Does this one do gapless out of the box? Sorry to bang on about that particular feature, but it really was one of the main drawbacks of the i5 for me. Also for those using it on trial what sort of battery life are you getting from it in real world usage?

Thanks

I'll let the Beta tester to contribute their experience on gapless of N5ii because that is more or less a subjective assessment.

However, I want to stress that there is no hard feeling to raise the issue that the gapless feature of i5 (with stock HiByMusic Player) is unsatisfactory, I welcome this in the i5 thread as that will steer customers away if this is their priority feature, and for the same reason, I wouldn't mind to discuss this issue in the N5ii thread as well, so please feel free to raise your concern, no one need to feel sorry for asking something that they are concerned in a user-orientated hobbyist forum.

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #200 of 4,108
Quite natural because their quantity on hand should be ZERO at this point. :grin:

We must do something about this! RELEASE THE TRUCKS! Get them shelves stocked! :D

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #202 of 4,108
Hey Andykong. Do you know if you can send valentinum a metal chassis for a future leather case :D

I'll check this out, will drop you a PM on this later.

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #203 of 4,108
Wild Lee (Venture Electronics) just posted this image on their FB page (source: Erji.net):

VE-Lee Table.jpg

I don't read Chinese, but I do read numbers. Not bad you guys from Cayin!

Nov 24, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #204 of 4,108
I'll let the Beta tester to contribute their experience on gapless of N5ii because that is more or less a subjective assessment.

My experience with the N5II is that Cayin has solved the gapless playback issue which plagued the i5. Using stock music player, I hear no interruption, even when listening through a seamless album like Pink Floyd's DSotM.

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #207 of 4,108
The i5 was around 18 months before N5ii, that is a very long time for current DAP market. So unless you have a strong preference to the warm/authoritative sound signature of i5, otherwise N5ii should be your safer bet.

I think the new DAP will be great. But I really don't do Tidal and such and would just like to be able to surf the net while listening to a quality source, while working out. The N3 and Hiby Link might be my best option and less expensive too. One way or another Cayin has some very appealing options.

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #208 of 4,108
I think the new DAP will be great. But I really don't do Tidal and such and would just like to be able to surf the net while listening to a quality source, while working out. The N3 and Hiby Link might be my best option and less expensive too. One way or another Cayin has some very appealing options.

While I think the N3 is a great little player, I would suggest you look at the Shanling M3s. It sounds better than the N3 and it's own M2s, and does everything you need.

Nov 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #209 of 4,108
While I think the N3 is a great little player, I would suggest you look at the Shanling M3s. It sounds better than the N3 and it's own M2s, and does everything you need.

I own the original M3 and love it, but had a problem with the wheel which I was able to fix myself. Budget is an issue though and the N3 is a good bit less expensive than the M3S. Value for the dollar is more important in this application than absolute sound quality. Both units are great value and excellent players, I'd kind of like to try the Cayin sound.

Nov 24, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #210 of 4,108
Right on. Really can't go wrong with the N3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back