Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and Discussion
Sep 10, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #559 of 2,546
For those late to the thread or away a while, just a reminder that there's a tour thread for the N5  HERE. If you're holding off making a purchase until you get impressions from actual users, why not jump in on the tour registration and potentially get to try it for a few days (a week actually) and pay only the cost of shipping to the next tour participant? Good deal in my book.

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #561 of 2,546
Spock?

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #562 of 2,546
DJ Spock?

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #564 of 2,546

I think this might be one of the crappiest GIFs evah 
wink_face.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #565 of 2,546
Sep 11, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #567 of 2,546

Thank you for your comments. The first time I read the entire contents.

CAYIN will treasure these valuable opinions and, when we have these capabilities is committed to improving our each product.

Perhaps I have missed something, I did not see the sound balance mode description, in fact, this is a very interesting setting, perhaps, you have the same two headset, you can switch back and forth to compare audition, can come a better conclusion. this is also CAYIN hope to bring everyone, according to their preferences and choose to switch.

Thanks again!

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #568 of 2,546

Thank you for your comments. The first time I read the entire contents.

CAYIN will treasure these valuable opinions and, when we have these capabilities is committed to improving our each product.

Perhaps I have missed something, I did not see the sound balance mode description, in fact, this is a very interesting setting, perhaps, you have the same two headset, you can switch back and forth to compare audition, can come a better conclusion. this is also CAYIN hope to bring everyone, according to their preferences and choose to switch.

Thanks again!

Hi Thomas, do you mean sound description using 2.5mm balanced wired headphone output?  I have mentioned in my review that it significantly improves the width of soundstage, and also this mode has more power (200mW vs 300mW).  But I didn't go into too many details because as you aware there is a firmware issue with a balanced output mode that produces an excessive hissing noise.  Once I receive a new firmware update (per John's mentioning sometime toward the end of the month?), I will update my sound impression with more details.

If you are talking about a different "balance mode", please let me know
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #570 of 2,546
in prep for getting this player, looks like Monday now 
mad.gif
 Id like to use the balanced out with my PM3s.  I know the N5 is 2.5mm balanced but is ther an adapter to use a 3.5mm balanced cable if one exists as i will be predominantly using this with the C5 so ideally want a normal 3.5mm connector that i can try the balanced out with.

On this same question would a balanced cable work normally with the N5/C5 combo or would that need to be a seperate cable.

Sorry about the rambling question but i dont really know a lot about cables, especially when it start going into details 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back