Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #2,042 of 2,518
Mine is Tripowin C8, absolutely loving it
I did not think the behind-the-ear-curve (leading to the MMCX connector) would fit the Etymotic IEM body (since the MMCX connector is on the end instead of the side of the IEM).
Can you please post a photo of the IEMs connected to the cable?

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,043 of 2,518
I did not think the behind-the-ear-curve (leading to the MMCX connector) would fit the Etymotic IEM body (since the MMCX connector is on the end instead of the side of the IEM).
Can you please post a photo of the IEMs connected to the cable?
My ER4SR now looked like a bullet with the C8 MMCX, yes they are longer now but it does not bother me a bit as when inserted as how Ety canalphones should be, only the MMCX tip is visible. So I am good with it. Anyhow I have also ordered an Elbow angled mmcx socket to replace the straight once I have the mood to do some modding. Else I am completely okay with it as it is

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_183908.jpg
    IMG_20210309_183908.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #2,044 of 2,518
My ER4SR now looked like a bullet with the C8 MMCX, yes they are longer now but it does not bother me a bit as when inserted as how Ety canalphones should be, only the MMCX tip is visible. So I am good with it.
Thanks for the photo! My concern is NOT the looks, but rather using a cable that is intended for over-the-ear in a straight-down fashion. If the cable does not pull the IEMs - that is good, and will work great with the N3Pro and the ER4SR :)

Anyhow I have also ordered an Elbow angled mmcx socket to replace the straight once I have the mood to do some modding.
I wish elbow MMCX cables were more common place :frowning2:

Mar 16, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #2,046 of 2,518
I noticed an anomoly with shuffle play, if there are several tracks with the same (or similar) names, the n3pro plays them sequentially rather than shuffles off to a completely different track.

Also can anyone explain why it is not possible to play all of a specific artists - the dx120 does this and it is another non-android dap.

d

Mar 24, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #2,047 of 2,518
@Andykong
I am loving this player but I have one more suggestion. Since most audiophiles have more than 1 headset it would be nice more than 1 custom eq preset. That way I could set one up for each set of headphones or music genre.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,048 of 2,518
@Andykong
I am loving this player but I have one more suggestion. Since most audiophiles have more than 1 headset it would be nice more than 1 custom eq preset. That way I could set one up for each set of headphones or music genre.
You can edit all of the EQ presets already stored on the player - you would just have to remember which preset corresponds to which headset. Sure it might not be ideal but you can get round it.

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #2,049 of 2,518
You can edit all of the EQ presets already stored on the player - you would just have to remember which preset corresponds to which headset. Sure it might not be ideal but you can get round it.
Thanks

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #2,050 of 2,518
@CayinSupport Hi guys, with the latest firmware (2.1) the LED indicator does not seem to changue colour with the different formats/bitrates. Mine remains yellow with v0 mp3s (encoded with LAME) and also with ALAC 44.1/16 & 48/16 (encoded with iTunes).
I would like to please also request, if it is possible, to implement in the next firmware the option of browsing full albums instead of individual songs when you go into the "Genre". This speed up finding things when you library is big (mine is).
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #2,051 of 2,518
@CayinSupport Hi guys, with the latest firmware (2.1) the LED indicator does not seem to changue colour with the different formats/bitrates. Mine remains yellow with v0 mp3s (encoded with LAME) and also with ALAC 44.1/16 & 48/16 (encoded with iTunes).
I would like to please also request, if it is possible, to implement in the next firmware the option of browsing full albums instead of individual songs when you go into the "Genre". This speed up finding things when you library is big (mine is).
Thanks in ad

Did you connect headphone to N3Pro? If you didn't connect output to N3Pro, the DAP will switch to digital out, bypassing the DAC and headphone amplification completely (for power saving), thaSmart Glowing LED will not activate in the situation.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 26, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #2,052 of 2,518
Mar 26, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,053 of 2,518
Thanks in advance
Yes, of course. Please see the pictures:

Attachments

• ALAC.jpg
    ALAC.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 0
  • MP3.jpg
    MP3.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #2,054 of 2,518
Yes, of course. Please see the pictures:
I asked because I checked with my N3Pro and the Smart LED works OK, I have taken some photo for your reference, the LED change color with 44.1kHz, 352.8kHz and MQA of the same song.

N3Pro LED 44.1kHz.jpgN3Pro LED 352.8kHz.jpgN3Pro LED MQA.jpgN3Pro LED v2.1.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 27, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #2,055 of 2,518
I asked because I checked with my N3Pro and the Smart LED works OK, I have taken some photo for your reference, the LED change color with 44.1kHz, 352.8kHz and MQA of the same song.

N3Pro LED 44.1kHz.jpgN3Pro LED 352.8kHz.jpgN3Pro LED MQA.jpgN3Pro LED v2.1.jpg
Can you please try v0 mp3s? I will check with some hi-res files I have. I only realised that it did not changue from mp3 to ALAC but I have not loaded any other format yet so that may be the issue (I do not have any DSD but I have some albums in Hi-Res)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back