Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Jan 27, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #1,921 of 2,518
Who will be the king of the midrange

20210127_164353.jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #1,923 of 2,518
977562D0-A0BF-48F1-BA47-5562054C06E7.jpeg

N3pro day today. I forgot to bring a 3.5mm earphone to make use to of the tubes!

i still very much enjoy the balanced 4.4mm SS option though

Cayin N3pro and Campfire Audio MW10 andro - reading a music magazine over coffee

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,924 of 2,518
Announcement of Cayin N3Pro Firmware v2.1

N3Pro Firmware Update v2.1.jpg

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Rectified the system freezing problem when navigating through complex folder hierarchy;
2. Rectified display error when playback OGG music format;
2. Other Bug fix and optimization.

Firmware Upgrade Procedure

Cayin will release firmware upgrades to enhance and optimize N3Pro as deem required, the new firmware can be acquired through OTA or manual download, since the content of these firmwares are identical, you can select whichever upgrade option that fit your needs.

Please make sure the device has sufficient battery power before you proceed. Please confirm the device has not less than 30% battery power; otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to firmware upgrade.

Download and Upgrade Procedures

You can visit our official website to check out the upgrade procedures or download the v2.1 firmware manually.

You can also download the v2.1 firmware through our Google Drive link.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 27, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #1,925 of 2,518
Announcement of Cayin N3Pro Firmware v2.1

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Rectified the system freezing problem when navigating through complex folder hierarchy.
Hot damn that's exactly what I asked for. Thanks Cayin!

Edit: Just updated and confirmed all freezing related to folder depth has been resolved. No more lagging, freezing and restarting when changing volume, settings or switching songs even in my deepest folder (13 layers in)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,926 of 2,518
@Philip Ha we have rectified the OGG problem you raised, please verify if this works fine with your OGG files.
@hemtmaker @powergeek @seanwee since you have reported system freeze up when browsing through folder hierarchy with 5 levels or more (well, seanwee never explain his problem clearly so I can only assume his problem is related to folder level based on his complain), can you please verify whether the new firmware have solved y our problem?

The folder level problem were first reported by hemtmaker on 11 September, we need to enhance our file management coding at lower level programming before we can resolve the problem (hopefully). It is not exactly a bug but system optimisation, so it take a lot longer and we have to test it thoroughly, making sure it won't affect other existing function because low level file management were involved in many routines and features.

Last edited:

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #1,927 of 2,518
@Philip Ha we have rectified the OGG problem you raised, please verify if this works fine with your OGG files.
@hemtmaker @powergeek @seanwee since you have reported system freeze up when browsing through folder hierarchy with 5 levels or more (well, seanwee never explain his problem clearly so I can only assume his problem is related to folder level based on his complain), can you please verify whether the new firmware have solved y our problem?
Yup, no more issues :beerchug:

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #1,928 of 2,518

The folder level problem were first reported by hemtmaker on 11 September, we need to enhance our file management coding at lower level programming before we can resolve the problem (hopefully). It is not exactly a bug but system optimisation, so it take a lot longer and we have to test it thoroughly, making sure it won't affect other existing function because low level file management were involved in many routines and features.
It so nice seeing a company continue supporting their product. Well done!

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #1,929 of 2,518
I did the firmware upgrade as well (local), also copied some more music to the card, scanned and everything seems to be working fine. I'm tempted to say that it feels somewhat more fluent and responsive overall, but that needs more time and normal use. I've never had issues with crashing or large folder structures, but this one is probably worth the upgrade process even if there's nothing particularly striking in the upgrade notes :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #1,930 of 2,518
Hi, i updated while charging. It says in the website
“If the N3Pro is in charging status, the player will not reboot to main menu after firmware upgrade. It will stop at the battery charging page, you need to disconnect the USB charger to complete the firmware upgrade process.”
how do i proceed with the firmware upgrade? When i try to download ota its says “download failed”

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #1,931 of 2,518
Hi, i updated while charging. It says in the website
“If the N3Pro is in charging status, the player will not reboot to main menu after firmware upgrade. It will stop at the battery charging page, you need to disconnect the USB charger to complete the firmware upgrade process.”
how do i proceed with the firmware upgrade? When i try to download ota its says “download failed”

Check the firmware number again, if it is not v2.1, that probably mean you need to go through the update procedure again.

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #1,932 of 2,518
Now I noticed it happened right after I was carrying it around. Stable it seems fine now. I think I've just been handling it too rough. I'm not used to tubes. :) or maybe the firmware upgrade helped, just upgraded it.

Unfortunately, the anti-shock feature is not firmware related, the solution is mainly based on mechanical engineering. Different design will resolve different kinds of shock and vibration, there isn't one medicine for all diseases" solution, and we picked the current design after months of prototyping.

N3Pro-1_04.jpgN3Pro-1_05.jpg

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,933 of 2,518
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #1,935 of 2,518

Users who are viewing this thread

Back