Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Nov 8, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #1,561 of 2,518
Im enjoying the N3Pro more and more each day, apparently can't live without it :sweat_smile: :L3000:

I just installed the new firmware, isn't there an option to put the clock on the top bar? Only lock screen? I disabled the lock screen, didn't see any use of it :)

P8430214.jpg

Nov 10, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,562 of 2,518
Headfonia publishes a detail review on our N3Pro Digital Audio Player today, he really enjoys the Ultralinear option as he stated in his review that "UL output brings spaciousness and improved decay and timbre, especially in the mids section, but not only there. The result is a really good sound quality with a high level of musicality." Check out the full review and find out why the Chief Editor concludes that "N3Pro’s sound quality is more than good for the price and Cayin doesn’t have to fear the competition".

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #1,564 of 2,518
Headfonia publishes a detail review on our N3Pro Digital Audio Player today, he really enjoys the Ultralinear option as he stated in his review that "UL output brings spaciousness and improved decay and timbre, especially in the mids section, but not only there. The result is a really good sound quality with a high level of musicality." Check out the full review and find out why the Chief Editor concludes that "N3Pro’s sound quality is more than good for the price and Cayin doesn’t have to fear the competition".

I understand your need to get your DAP out to the masses, but when the first thing a review states is:

" Disclaimer: The Cayin N3Pro was sent to us by Cayin directly, in exchange for our honest opinion. The unit doesn’t need to be returned."

I move on and don't bother reading any further

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #1,565 of 2,518
I understand your need to get your DAP out to the masses, but when the first thing a review states is:

" Disclaimer: The Cayin N3Pro was sent to us by Cayin directly, in exchange for our honest opinion. The unit doesn’t need to be returned."

I move on and don't bother reading any further
I disagree.

it's not a way of paying for a positive review. Such big websites as Headfonia is a job, not a hobby actually, as writing reviews are very time consuming and I know it myself.
That's why, when manufacturers send an item for a review it stays with the reviewer as a part of trade for his time, resources and experience to actually make a review for the people to read and evaluate whether they will be interested in the product or not.

Im a reviewer myself and I've never had a single manufacturer to try to influence anything that I state in the review.

Sending the product for a review is actually a way to thank the reviewer for his time and commitment to spend many many hours into listening to it, making good photos, writing informative reviews etc. It's not a "sponsoring", neither "paying for a positive review".

I know it may look suspicious at first, but trust me, it's nothing even close to making the review biased.

Take care:):hearts:

Nov 10, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #1,566 of 2,518
I disagree.

it's not a way of paying for a positive review. Such big websites as Headfonia is a job, not a hobby actually, as writing reviews are very time consuming and I know it myself.
That's why, when manufacturers send an item for a review it stays with the reviewer as a part of trade for his time, resources and experience to actually make a review for the people to read and evaluate whether they will be interested in the product or not.

Im a reviewer myself and I've never had a single manufacturer to try to influence anything that I state in the review.

Sending the product for a review is actually a way to thank the reviewer for his time and commitment to spend many many hours into listening to it, making good photos, writing informative reviews etc. It's not a "sponsoring", neither "paying for a positive review".

I know it may look suspicious at first, but trust me, it's nothing even close to making the review biased.

Take care:):hearts:

Sounds good, but after 40 years of buying audio gear and reading reviews my opinion won’t change

Nov 10, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #1,568 of 2,518
Sounds good, but after 40 years of buying audio gear and reading reviews my opinion won’t change
I think like everything else in life, some reviewers are honest and won't let "gifts" from manufacturers affect their reviews, while others will automatically give a very positive review in response...
Over the 6 years I have been in this hobby, I developed my own "trustworthy" and "shill" lists for reviewers :wink:

Edit: apparently, I cannot do math at 7am... I have been in this hobby for 6 years! Time flies when having so much fun.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #1,571 of 2,518
I think like everything else in life, some reviewers are honest and won't let "gifts" from manufacturers affect their reviews, while others will automatically give a very positive review in response...
Over the 6 years I have been in this hobby, I developed my own "trustworthy" and "shill" lists for reviewers :wink:

Edit: apparently, I cannot do math at 7am... I have been in this hobby for 6 years! Time flies when having so much fun.

I just view all professional reviews as inflated and correct for it in my head when reading. For example, the average score on a 1 to 10 review scale should be a 5, but if we see that we know it's a terrible product.

Nov 11, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #1,572 of 2,518
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 11, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #1,575 of 2,518
Do you mean this one? last album cover never pops in on the page sometimes?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...with-vacuum-tube.938211/page-89#post-15903125

Sorry, I might have lost track of this problem completely, I try to find album art or scrolled down in this thread but couldn't identify the original post correctly.
Also, album cover art visible within Artist category: if there are more than 6 or 7 for the same artist, the bottom two, three, four album covers remain blank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back