Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Oct 16, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #1,456 of 2,518
I'll take a week off and away for a short trip, I didn't take any dayoff during the National Anniversary holiday so its my turn now, in case anyone need urgent support, you can PM @CayinSupport or email service@cayin.cn for warranty and repair related issues.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 16, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #1,457 of 2,518
My N3pro volume knob doesn't work.
I already contacted a dealer in my country and sent it to check.
Just share this problem for you guys.

Not good,
My N3pro volume knob doesn't work.
I already contacted a dealer in my country and sent it to check.
Just share this problem for you guys.

That's two, I wonder what kind of mechanism their using? Did it work at first, or was it DOA? It feels and looks similar to n6ii wheel, and I don't remember any failures on that one.

Oct 17, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #1,458 of 2,518
I got my N3Pro a few weeks ago, and boy is it lovely! Having an occasional hard freeze/reboot issue scrolling large directories while something's playing, but I'm sure it'll be resolved soon. I'm working on a pair of review videos, an early impressions video, and an eventual long-term update that I'll share here. After a few years enjoying the N5ii, I'm very excited to have a new Cayin on my desk!

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #1,459 of 2,518
I got my N3Pro a few weeks ago, and boy is it lovely! Having an occasional hard freeze/reboot issue scrolling large directories while something's playing, but I'm sure it'll be resolved soon. I'm working on a pair of review videos, an early impressions video, and an eventual long-term update that I'll share here. After a few years enjoying the N5ii, I'm very excited to have a new Cayin on my desk!

Do a factory reset (in system setting). Out of the box I had a few freezes, but once I did factory reset - not a single one.

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #1,460 of 2,518
Do a factory reset (in system setting). Out of the box I had a few freezes, but once I did factory reset - not a single one.

Actually I have this minor issue.
When I use 3.5mm jack, I understand it s normal to see this 5sec delay. But when I finish some songs in folder mode, and play other songs in another folder, the same 5sec delay happen again.
Is this normal?

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #1,463 of 2,518
Actually I have this minor issue.
When I use 3.5mm jack, I understand it s normal to see this 5sec delay. But when I finish some songs in folder mode, and play other songs in another folder, the same 5sec delay happen again.
Is this normal?

If it stops for more than a couple of seconds- yes it does the 5 second warm up again.

Oct 18, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,465 of 2,518
Lol this was a complete typo (I have a Shanlin DAP too). I meant Cayin. I've installed the Cayin driver and it crashes, giving me the WHEA BSOD error message.

Lol, I'd Google that error and try a reset. I haven't tried mine as a dac yet, I thought you didn't need a driver for windows 10 myself. Sorry maybe someone else knows more.

And Andy is on holiday.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #1,466 of 2,518
Lol, I'd Google that error and try a reset. I haven't tried mine as a dac yet, I thought you didn't need a driver for windows 10 myself. Sorry maybe someone else knows more.

And Andy is on holiday.
Mine works fine as a USB DAC with the Windows 10 native USB drivers.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,468 of 2,518

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. I've had several crashes since resetting. Just now it happened twice when trying to access the equalizer.

Hopefully Cayin improves the stability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back