Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Feb 1, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #2,747 of 2,988
Better not spend that kind of money on anything then, since very rarely do base warranties last beyond 6-12 months.
My former DAVE+Mscaler had a 5 year warranty. A&K offer extended warranties too. Don't want to start a flame war, only wanted to confirm Cayin's warranty wording. Clearly not the product for me. Over and out

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #2,748 of 2,988
Feb 2, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #2,749 of 2,988
@Andykong

I just got my N30LE AP version, and i'm experiencing electrical sounding crackles on the right channel/IEM. So far it's happening on 3 different iems, Annihilator 2023, AP and Radon 6. It seems to be the same issue quite a few others here in this thread has had. It's very noticable at the start of songs, quiet parts, etc.

Mode changes seems to sometimes help the issue but i haven't been able to consistently lock down what modes triggers it and which doesn't, besides Turbo + tubes that is definetely having the issue fairly consistently.

Can you please help me understand whether this is a known issue or if it's "standard" (I really hope not) as a result of Wifi interference, MQA unfolding or the like.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #2,750 of 2,988
@Andykong

I just got my N30LE AP version, and i'm experiencing electrical sounding crackles on the right channel/IEM. So far it's happening on 3 different iems, Annihilator 2023, AP and Radon 6. It seems to be the same issue quite a few others here in this thread has had. It's very noticable at the start of songs, quiet parts, etc.

Mode changes seems to sometimes help the issue but i haven't been able to consistently lock down what modes triggers it and which doesn't, besides Turbo + tubes that is definetely having the issue fairly consistently.

Can you please help me understand whether this is a known issue or if it's "standard" (I really hope not) as a result of Wifi interference, MQA unfolding or the like.

We received several reports on HeadFi, but we cannot replicate the exact problem with our demo units in the factory. When we can't identify the problem, we cannot solve the problem. It is unlikely related to the issues you suggested, we have tried to tweak the operation condition to replicate the problem, including operating the DAP at heavily interference condition, but we failed to achieve the testing result we are looking for.

This is abnormal, so please contact your dealer, if they have confirmed what you hear, you should send the DAP back for follow-up/inspection, but please make sure your dealer has contacted our service team, keep them informed in advance (the serial number of your DAP and the problem you encountered).

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 2, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #2,751 of 2,988
Joining the party tomorrow after a bit of extended research. The Hiby R8ii is great but will be going to a new owner.
Can't wait!

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #2,753 of 2,988
Joining the party tomorrow after a bit of extended research. The Hiby R8ii is great but will be going to a new owner.
Can't wait!

I am surprised that a 300 units limited edition is still not sold out since beginning of august 2023 !
I was waiting for a less luxurious standard edition to come out with maybe a more recent android version with more advanced battery management.
I didn't imagine world wide sales would be so low for such type of DAP.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #2,754 of 2,988
I am surprised that a 300 units limited edition is still not sold out since beginning of august 2023 !
I was waiting for a less luxurious standard edition to come out with maybe a more recent android version with more advanced battery management.
Gives you good idea how ,any crazies like us out there lol

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #2,755 of 2,988
Let’s not forget that there were some issues plaguing the launch. Many people must have waited for the solution and to see if it actually delivers.

@Andykong is Cayin still pursuing Roon lossless playback? I would love an update on what was first looked into back when the N6ii was top dog.
If Hiby is working on it and Fiio already supports it, what is stopping Cayin?

Feb 3, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #2,756 of 2,988
So... I probably now have a hissing problem... I wasn't sure since it was only with Sharona and Cleo Octa II... But after receiving Shirogane yesterday... also hisses.
Note that before that Sharona ran fine with Cleo Octa II on N30 so hissing was not an issue since a couple of weeks back.

Now I have narrowed down things a bit.

The left channel hissing occurs only :
  • in Class A (thus automatically in hyper mode :sob: ) : class AB even P+ is fine
  • with more sensitive IEMs (I have to go accross my collection to check which suffer from this)
  • probably cable impedance and/or shielding comes into play (Sharona with Orpheus Shielded doesn't hiss... too bad it's not the right pairing...)
It's a very loud hiss as in even low volume passages is quite apparent...
I'll get in touch with @MusicTeck, quite a bit heartbroken to have to sent it back to be rebiased :frowning2:

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #2,757 of 2,988
My unit arrived today. Thing is looking gorgeous and sounds the part too. Loving the flip vertically switch.

I far prefer having the inputs on top- the volume wheel is easier to reach too.

EDIT: My UM Mentor sounds fabulous right out of the gate.

Attachments

• camphoto_1804928587.jpeg
    camphoto_1804928587.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #2,758 of 2,988
I definitely understand where the hype surrounding this DAP is coming from now.

Hadn't had as engaging a listen since I last listened to my DAVE+Mscaler stack before it got sold. Well done Cayin!

Gobs of power too, anything above low gain is too much for the Mentor.

Feb 3, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #2,759 of 2,988
Just tried out my new L&P W4 as a USB DAC/AMP for the N30LE to see if Roon ARC is lossless. Well pleased it works as expected.

EDIT: naturally not my typical setup. Gets the job done when away from home and I feel like using Roon ARC.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back