Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #2,716 of 2,987
So... I had a bit of a scare last night...

Started a session with Cleo Octa II and Sharona, which I never had an issue with... and... significant left channel hissing :scream:
I tried running local files both DSD and flac instead of Apple Music. Still hissing.

Then I tried the same combo on R8 II : dead silent...

So I restarted N30 just in case but to no avail.
Tube mode was off so I didn't need to try that one. Low gain was selected from the get go.
Then I went on deactivating Hyper mode. Still hissing.
Same with P+ and then with P. Same with A and AB.

So I tried Sharona with other cables and : no hissing. Strange... I cleaned Cleo II Octa connector and then unscrewed the left conX connector, cleaned everything and rescrewed the 2pin connector. Still hissing. Tried a second conX connector from Code 23 just to be sure. Still hissing.

At this point I tested Sharona with PW Orpheus : no hissing.
Definitely something is happening that I can't put my finger on but it would seem not coming from N30.
Strange thing is, I used Cleo II Octa often with N30 and no issues.

I am wondering what the heck is going on there... bit of a mystery...
Anyone has any idea?

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #2,717 of 2,987
We have tested v5.58 with MS Windows 11 again, but in our setup, when we reduce the ASIO buffer size, the lip-sync delay will decrease accordingly, so our observation is not in line with your testing.

Can I check with other N30LE users who have connected your DAP to a Windows 11 as a USB DAC? Will you get better audio and visual synchronization when you reduce the buffer size?
Uhm, I can test it again in more detail and get back to you. It all depends on the settings. With 24/192 I remember that less buffer had more delay. I'll test that on the Mac too. Thanks for the effort.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #2,718 of 2,987
So... I had a bit of a scare last night...

Started a session with Cleo Octa II and Sharona, which I never had an issue with... and... significant left channel hissing :scream:
I tried running local files both DSD and flac instead of Apple Music. Still hissing.

Then I tried the same combo on R8 II : dead silent...

So I restarted N30 just in case but to no avail.
Tube mode was off so I didn't need to try that one. Low gain was selected from the get go.
Then I went on deactivating Hyper mode. Still hissing.
Same with P+ and then with P. Same with A and AB.

So I tried Sharona with other cables and : no hissing. Strange... I cleaned Cleo II Octa connector and then unscrewed the left conX connector, cleaned everything and rescrewed the 2pin connector. Still hissing. Tried a second conX connector from Code 23 just to be sure. Still hissing.

At this point I tested Sharona with PW Orpheus : no hissing.
Definitely something is happening that I can't put my finger on but it would seem not coming from N30.
Strange thing is, I used Cleo II Octa often with N30 and no issues.

I am wondering what the heck is going on there... bit of a mystery...
Anyone has any idea?
Do you have the re-biased version of N30LE or the original version?

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #2,719 of 2,987
Do you have the re-biased version of N30LE or the original version?
Original version mine didn't exhibit anything before this and it's somewhat of a corner case...

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #2,720 of 2,987
Anyone tried AP IEM with non AP N30LE version vs AP version?

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #2,722 of 2,987
Hello all,

Has anyone found an alternative leather case for their N30? Mine is still good, but I’m looking for another one. Can’t find anything online. Any help is appreciated!!!
I already seen the silicone one, but I’d rather have another leather case.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #2,723 of 2,987
IEMs with EST, do they not really go well with the Korg Nutubesl? It comes across quite harsh and edgy to me on Tubes with the Monarch mk iii. SS is good.

It may be the track, The Chain, end solo is quite harsh on more DAPs :)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #2,724 of 2,987
IEMs with EST, do they not really go well with the Korg Nutubesl? It comes across quite harsh and edgy to me on Tubes with the Monarch mk iii. SS is good.

my Jewel, in classic or modern tube mode, sounds wonderful

Jan 28, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #2,725 of 2,987

Depend on which EST IEM, Radon 6 sounds beautiful through N30LE. Smooth, fluid and expansive soundstage.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #2,726 of 2,987
I have to confess something: since I owe my Amber Pearl IEM I do not listen anymore to my full size D8000 pro headphone. I find those IEM more immersive…

Am I the only one prefering TOL IEM over headphones ?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #2,729 of 2,987
_DSC9086.jpg
_DSC9094.jpg
_DSC9100.jpg
_DSC9108.jpg

The carrying case is pretty good. The TPU case is also better than I thought. The size of both is a bit disappointing, but this is my personal opinion.
Well done Cayin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back