Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Jan 20, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #2,686 of 2,969
Indeed they probably have done something to reduce the current but it has affected the mids and the dynamics quite a bit. There's just no presence in the vocals in 1.3 and it's overall quite a dry presentation. It has been a complex workaround but the results are obvious. I think this is what it's taken to reduce the current so drastically. Wonder if the battery would suffer now. Now what we need to do is I think groupbuy a brand new unit and dump the 1.0 firmware if they refuse to give it to us ^^ @Andykong come on man, the device I'm listening to now is superior to 1.3
Deleted

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #2,687 of 2,969
I injured my ears when listening to Grado RS1 to sleep daily, stopped for 10 years but then fell into this rabbit hole again during covid. Am very blessed still can enjoy this hobby at low volume. AP has one of the lowest pressure on the ear, I can’t use Trailli or IER-Z1R as they put too much pressure on my ears, causing discomfort. They don’t have vent or vent is not helping.
I admire everyone that can listen and enjoy on such low volume levels.
Of course it is dependent of IEM, gain level, music genre.
Electronic music, low gain Vol 36
Jazz, vocals, classic, low gain Vol 39

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #2,688 of 2,969
A revelation... and a REAL "transformative milestone"...
The N30LE, ZMF VCs (Blackwoods burned in 300+ hours), Arctic Cable's Talos V2 cable, a bit of Kush Mountain...and a hi-Res, remastered version of Robin Guthrie's "Delicate"...TRUE euphoria!! I NOW understand the beauty of this hobby AND mostly important... music. Sure, it's this cable, this DAP, this amp, blah, blah... but a simple reminder...the music is what brought us here and our love of the music! I have found that moment. To simply stop chasing and to take the time to REALLY listen to the music. MY GOD! Transformative? I'm sure most folks on this thread have a KILLER set up, desktop, portable, transportable whatever... this is a simple "tap on the shoulder" to take some time out, pour a 12-25 year single malt, kick back on an Eames, a couch or the floor and sink into the AMAZING sounds we have been literally blessed with!!! I never thought I could experience the music that I have known and loved for many years at this level. HUGE shout out to Zack @ ZMF for giving a S%$#! about how music is important and delivered to humans !! HUGE shout out to Cayin for pushing it... to see what is possible in the realm of sound reproduction and to DELIVER! Arctic Cables...Roy, you are THE BEST!!!...and so are your wires my friend! I'm new to this for the most part, however I am here now and too glad. It has changed my appreciation for music and the quality in which I intake it ALL!!
Happy Saturday everyone@ Head-Fi and I'm glad to be a part of this crazy thing we ALL love so dearly!!!!

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #2,690 of 2,969
A revelation... and a REAL "transformative milestone"...
The N30LE, ZMF VCs (Blackwoods burned in 300+ hours), Arctic Cable's Talos V2 cable, a bit of Kush Mountain...and a hi-Res, remastered version of Robin Guthrie's "Delicate"...TRUE euphoria!! I NOW understand the beauty of this hobby AND mostly important... music. Sure, it's this cable, this DAP, this amp, blah, blah... but a simple reminder...the music is what brought us here and our love of the music! I have found that moment. To simply stop chasing and to take the time to REALLY listen to the music. MY GOD! Transformative? I'm sure most folks on this thread have a KILLER set up, desktop, portable, transportable whatever... this is a simple "tap on the shoulder" to take some time out, pour a 12-25 year single malt, kick back on an Eames, a couch or the floor and sink into the AMAZING sounds we have been literally blessed with!!! I never thought I could experience the music that I have known and loved for many years at this level. HUGE shout out to Zack @ ZMF for giving a S%$#! about how music is important and delivered to humans !! HUGE shout out to Cayin for pushing it... to see what is possible in the realm of sound reproduction and to DELIVER! Arctic Cables...Roy, you are THE BEST!!!...and so are your wires my friend! I'm new to this for the most part, however I am here now and too glad. It has changed my appreciation for music and the quality in which I intake it ALL!!
Happy Saturday everyone@ Head-Fi and I'm glad to be a part of this crazy thing we ALL love so dearly!!!!

I am with you dear audiophile
I got my ZMF Caldera December 31st and just got one of my Opera(Palladium-7N Silver) Arctic Cable reterminated with beautiful mini XLR for the Caldera. Now with Cayin N30LE AP Classic Tube/Hdb/Hyper-mode just with volume at 40-42 it heaven. Soundstage/Clarity/Real detail/Nuance/tonal accuracy and richness/extension and impact on both ends and vocals that hold your heart/Natural relaxed seductive presentation!!! Just awesome
No need for any desktop amp for me.
Huge thanks to Roy and the Arctic Cable team/ The Cayin Geniuses for the incomparable N30LE/And ZMF Zach and team for the amazing caldera
I am simply full of gratitude.
20240118_193241.jpg
20240118_193328.jpg

Jan 21, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #2,691 of 2,969
Taking your advice right now and just sitting back and listening....and enjoying
Huge thanks to Roy and the Arctic Cable team/ The Cayin Geniuses for the incomparable N30LE/And ZMF Zach and team for the amazing caldera
I am simply full of gratitude.
That's the spirit!
That's how we like this thread!

Carmen Gomes reminds me: special thanks for recording studios and sound engineers that make this sound possible at the source.
Sound Liaison is one of them.

They have a nice page where a song can be downloaded in several different format - from DXD352 32 bit through DSD256 to FLAC96, (no MP3 🤭) - gratis.

I usually buying their albums in DXD352 32bit format. Clarity is enorm.

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #2,692 of 2,969
That's the spirit!
That's how we like this thread!

Carmen Gomes reminds me: special thanks for recording studios and sound engineers that make this sound possible at the source.
Sound Liaison is one of them.

They have a nice page where a song can be downloaded in several different format - from DXD352 32 bit through DSD256 to FLAC96, (no MP3 🤭) - gratis.

I usually buying their albums in DXD352 32bit format. Clarity is enorm.
Newsee
THANK YOU for the link I have taken advantage of it!
But most of all thank you for helping to promote the spirit of cooperation!

Jan 23, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #2,693 of 2,969
Jan 24, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #2,694 of 2,969
I had spotted that one too, just ordered it :)

Jan 24, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #2,695 of 2,969
Jan 24, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #2,696 of 2,969
Nice case indeed. Do you know if the size of the main compartment fit exactly the N30 size ?

Couple of shots with N30LE in main compartment. Looks like there's a little room at top when vertically oriented.

1706115903413.png

1706115916065.png

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #2,697 of 2,969
Couple of shots with N30LE in main compartment. Looks like there's a little room at top when vertically oriented.

1706115903413.png

1706115916065.png
Thanks for the pics

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #2,698 of 2,969
I really do not want to start again the battle about « does version 1.x sound better than version 1.y » but… since I use now version 1.3 I wonder if there any reason NOT to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 ? Are everyone who upgraded to 1.4 happy with the move ?

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #2,699 of 2,969
I really do not want to start again the battle about « does version 1.x sound better than version 1.y » but… since I use now version 1.3 I wonder if there any reason NOT to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4 ? Are everyone who upgraded to 1.4 happy with the move ?

No issues, upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4. Stable system, seems to run a little warmer but not as hot as 1.0 to 1.2, and don’t really perform critical listening for audio changes - sounds great as 1.3.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #2,700 of 2,969
No issues, upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4. Stable system, seems to run a little warmer but not as hot as 1.0 to 1.2, and don’t really perform critical listening for audio changes - sounds great as 1.3.
A week in and 1.4 continues to make sense for me across the board as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back