Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #2,521 of 2,988
I assume it's not a problem to disable all Google services and install apps externally through apks, right? So you don't need Google services to work properly, do you?
I believe this is application-dependent; it can't be generalization like that. Applications that don't involve payment will work fine, apk installation won't support subscription renewal. Some streaming services require location information to determine whether you can playback their content. For instance, some of their content is available to a worldwide audience but some albums are geographically restricted. So there can be reasons that stop your application from working flawlessly when you don't have Google service in place.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #2,522 of 2,988
I believe this is application-dependent; it can't be generalization like that. Applications that don't involve payment will work fine, apk installation won't support subscription renewal. Some streaming services require location information to determine whether you playback their content, or some of their content is legitimate to a worldwide audience but some are geographically related. So there can be reasons that stop your application from working flawlessly when you turn don't have Google service in place.
Very good and interesting to know, thanks! I only use Tidal and Apple Music. Both apps have worked without any problems so far.

Oh, did I mention how great this DAP is? No, it's the best DAP I've ever had! My previous DAP was the SP3000, but the N30 has opened up a new dimension of sound that was previously unknown to me. I had never thought it possible to experience such a leap through a DAP. I have listened many DAC/AMPs and DAPs in the past and the differences were more or less subtle. But there is a league difference between the SP3000 and N30. Nice job.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #2,523 of 2,988
With a heavy heart I have listed my N30LE294 for sale in the classified DAP section. The N30 does sound absolutely amazing and has the power to drive anything but I am just not using it as I prefer to use my LPGT Ti all the time as I prefer the smaller weight and size which suits me better, plus it sounds excellent anyways.

If any UK buyers are interested please shoot me a pm 👍

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #2,524 of 2,988
Jan 5, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #2,525 of 2,988
I was waiting for this and bought it right away. :thumbsup:
I wish they sold official tempered glass or protective film as well.

I just got mine and this might be the worse case i've seen. It doesn't even wrap around the front to protect it. The front edges stick out

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpeg
    IMG_3903.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #2,526 of 2,988
I just got mine and this might be the worse case i've seen. It doesn't even wrap around the front to protect it. The front edges stick out
Ah...oh...this is a design I don't understand.
I ended up wasting $29 today.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #2,527 of 2,988
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #2,528 of 2,988
Very good and interesting to know, thanks! I only use Tidal and Apple Music. Both apps have worked without any problems so far.

Oh, did I mention how great this DAP is? No, it's the best DAP I've ever had! My previous DAP was the SP3000, but the N30 has opened up a new dimension of sound that was previously unknown to me. I had never thought it possible to experience such a leap through a DAP. I have listened many DAC/AMPs and DAPs in the past and the differences were more or less subtle. But there is a league difference between the SP3000 and N30. Nice job.
Yes, Cayin outdone themselves. It's sound stage is as wide as the Grand Canyon:wink:

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #2,529 of 2,988
Sad, but they do show this in the marketing material. I think otherwise it might have been difficult to put the case on the N30.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #2,532 of 2,988
If you look at the pictures from the marketing material, you can actually already see it. So I wouldn't say that Cayin has hidden anything.
That's what I meant, yes

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #2,534 of 2,988
Ok guys, I thought someone might be interested in this. With these settings, the N30 comes very, very close to the DX320Max in terms of crispness, airness and transparency. DX320Max's treble is quantitatively more and qualitatively a bit higher, but N30's treble extends further. N30's note and therefore stage is a little wider, bigger, imaging and instrument positioning better (because of the stage), DX320Max's bass and especially mids are clearer and thinner, stage narrower, the tuning overall a bit colder.

-> High Gain, P Mode, Class AB, Filter: Super Slow (for better microdynamics, that makes the note a little thinner and so for me personally more coherent)

I advise against P+ and Hyper Mode. They bring the mids too forward and cause a disbalance, they are nice for fun but not for critical listening, for me personally.

However, both devices are really great, honestly, even the DX320Max is excellent (usability excluded, which is underneath)!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #2,535 of 2,988
Ok guys, I thought someone might be interested in this. With these settings, the N30 comes very, very close to the DX320Max in terms of crispness, airness and transparency. DX320Max's treble is quantitatively more and qualitatively a bit higher, but N30's treble extends further. N30's note and therefore stage is a little wider, bigger, imaging and instrument positioning better (because of the stage), DX320Max's bass and especially mids are clearer and thinner, stage narrower, the tuning overall a bit colder.

-> High Gain, P Mode, Class AB, Filter: Super Slow (for better microdynamics, that makes the note a little thinner and so for me personally more coherent)

I advise against P+ and Hyper Mode. They bring the mids too forward and cause a disbalance, they are nice for fun but not for critical listening, for me personally.

However, both devices are really great, honestly, even the DX320Max is excellent (usability excluded, which is underneath)!
Which mode do you use? Solid state or tube (classic/modern)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back