Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Nov 18, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #2,101 of 2,988
Today listening session.

Started at 85% battery and played music till 20% battery.

Despite being a great and enjoy-full listen, but 4:51 hours is clearly not enough playtime for a weekend day.

I know that you can reach 7-8h playtime when charge to 100% and play till battery is dead, but this behavior is not sustainable for battery health and would degrade the battery in no time.

I wish N30 had at least three more hours of playtime left.
Everything in life demands some compromise.
More battery power more weight, more complaint about size etc not to mention cost and heat dissipation needs with bigger surface need for the heatsink.
To handle huge dynamic swings in the music you need an agile responsive power supply or else distortion will step in as power supply strains to deliver...so if all it takes is a recharge every so often then do so with a fast charger. True audiophiles will sacrifice a few inconveniences for the ultimate audio Sound reproduction, rather than conveniences. Remember the auto loading turntables of old, audiophiles soon went for the manual loaders because they had much less distortion bringing them closer to audio Nirvana 😀
N30LE AP or Standard has done that better than anything else currently affordable in mobile/transportable so kudos to @Cayin @Andykong Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #2,102 of 2,988
Do you have a recommendation for a fast charger that you like? Thanks in advance.

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #2,104 of 2,988
Nov 18, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #2,105 of 2,988
Do you have a recommendation for a fast charger that you like? Thanks in advance.
I got this from Amazon
20231118_180919.jpg

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #2,107 of 2,988
Anyone done a direct comparison of the AP vs non-AP units now that they’re both available standalone?
https://twister6.com/2023/10/30/canjam-socal-2023-impressions-from-musicteck-tables/2/

“Based on a few blind tests, I can hear AP version to have a slightly wider soundstage with a bit more holographic imaging, noticeable with both IEMs and headphones. The difference I hear is mostly in mids where original has a bit denser and more organic fuller body tonality while AP is a little more revealing, more transparent, with a bit more air between the sound layers.”

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #2,108 of 2,988
Not even 24 hrs in from initial listen...this is the real deal. It's injected a lot of life into mid tier IEMs especially. I love this DAP. Will publish some brief impressions tmr. For now, here is a pic.

IMG_1861.jpeg

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #2,109 of 2,988
Not even 24 hrs in from initial listen...this is the real deal. It's injected a lot of life into mid tier IEMs especially. I love this DAP. Will publish some brief impressions tmr. For now, here is a pic.

IMG_1861.jpeg
For me and my use N30 is best dap hands down. Absolutely loving it.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #2,110 of 2,988
My unit should arrive by Wednesday.
One question: how many minutes does it take to have the tubes heated up and obtain the ideal sound?

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #2,114 of 2,988
About 30_40mins but takes at least 50hours to break-in to its real performance state with slight incremental improvements after that
Is it official info that tubes take 30-40 min to heat up? I never had other device with nano tubes so I’m just curious. I have bunch of guitar tube amps and they take few min tops to warm up.

Nov 19, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #2,115 of 2,988
Do you play with Class A? Maybe get extra 30% the time on battery if choosing class A/B, solid state mode. Also I turn off WIFI and Bluetooth since I don’t really need them most of the time.
I would do Class AB, but Hyper + Classic Tube is to addictive 😂
Everything in life demands some compromise.
More battery power more weight, more complaint about size etc not to mention cost and heat dissipation needs with bigger surface need for the heatsink.
To handle huge dynamic swings in the music you need an agile responsive power supply or else distortion will step in as power supply strains to deliver...so if all it takes is a recharge every so often then do so with a fast charger. True audiophiles will sacrifice a few inconveniences for the ultimate audio Sound reproduction, rather than conveniences. Remember the auto loading turntables of old, audiophiles soon went for the manual loaders because they had much less distortion bringing them closer to audio Nirvana 😀
N30LE AP or Standard has done that better than anything else currently affordable in mobile/transportable so kudos to @Cayin @Andykong Thanks

It is a balancing act for Cayin to be the jack of all trades. It is understandable that it is not possible to satisfy everyone.

I hope that Cayin would bring a desktop version of N30 or some kind of hybrid version with a internal battery and an external LPSU. So when you plug the N30 to the external LPSU it circumvents the internal battery and the N30 runs of the LPSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back