Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Nov 19, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #2,131 of 2,988
An easy way to listen to the warbling is set the volume to 5, then just switch from Class A to Class AB. I may sound nit picky, but really everything else is fabulous. This may also be useful for folks who prefer low volume listening for longer sessions (I sometimes do this at night before bed). Just odd the execution of Class AB isn't engineered to the same level as Class A.

I've performed this on UM MEXT, FIR VxV and FIR XE6 just now (they all have different cables).

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #2,132 of 2,988
I hear you. Probably my IEMs combined with my hearing reduction lol. Also I’m only listening music for fun and it’s just never noticed any noise. I do agree that my SP3k is hair more quiet but it’s subtile difference in regular use.
So now last comment to that warbling and pop.
Just tested Qobuz, Tidal, Apple Music, UApp, Hiby Music and Cayin app in low gain class AB, P mode
- all apps but Hiby and Cayin after hitting pause: very very silent warbling and pop noise after 3 seconds when amp is shutting down
- Hiby and Cayin (tested local file playback) instant pop once pause is pressed and no warbling - I suppose amp is directly shut down here.

And now I stop searching for hardly audible nitpicks and enjoy my Amber Pearl

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #2,133 of 2,988
An easy way to listen to the warbling is set the volume to 5, then just switch from Class A to Class AB. I may sound nit picky, but really everything else is fabulous. This may also be useful for folks who prefer low volume listening for longer sessions (I sometimes do this at night before bed). Just odd the execution of Class AB isn't engineered to the same level as Class A.

I've performed this on UM MEXT, FIR VxV and FIR XE6 just now (they all have different cables).
Is this warbling in the high frequencies above 10k?

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #2,134 of 2,988
Nov 19, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #2,136 of 2,988
Is this warbling in the high frequencies above 10k?
It doesn’t sound like a 10 kHz test tone, it's similar to tv static/noise or waterfall current noise (iykyk).

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #2,137 of 2,988
😂 then my N30 is not affected by

As i said, give the N30 more time for burn-in and the werewolf's should be silenced by then.

My hissing issue got away just by that.

Enjoy your N30!
lol now reading @bigbeans comment I hear it differently but whatever I stop here as it's for me hardly discernable and I find that mentioned pop for shutdown and frequency changes more in the audible range which anyone should hear but it's there with many DAPs as I see it

Nov 19, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #2,139 of 2,988
10HZ is quite deep. TBH, i dont know if i my RN6 IEM can go that deep.
I think he means kHz
At least tv static noise isn't so low as I know it

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #2,140 of 2,988
10HZ is quite deep. TBH, i dont know if i my RN6 IEM can go that deep.
apologies for confusion, I meant kHz (updated my post).

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #2,141 of 2,988
lol now reading @bigbeans comment I hear it differently but whatever I stop here as it's for me hardly discernable and I find that mentioned pop for shutdown and frequency changes more in the audible range which anyone should hear but it's there with many DAPs as I see it
I hear that pop too, but as i said its quite normal to hear that pop when amp shuts down.

apologies for confusion, I meant kHz (updated my post).
Ok, then i have a explanation why i dont hear it, because above 10kHz is my audible barrier. I am deaf above 10kHz

Nov 19, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #2,142 of 2,988
Nov 20, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #2,143 of 2,988
@Andykong my N30LE AP has started getting the 10x slow playback again. It seemed to be intermittent this morning, and I was able to reboot the DAP and get it to work properly. However now, it seems to be stuck in this slow motion playback and I can't get it to play normally at all now. I've tried rebooting several times, as well as a full factory reset. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Its super frustrating, I thought this was supposed to be fixed in the last firmware update. The DAP is unusable at the moment.

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #2,144 of 2,988
My N30LE isn't charging up to 100%
Don't want to do it perse to save battery life but wondering why nevertheless.
It's saying charged though it's maxing out at 98%.
I kept it charging over night and now see this behavior - it said 100% in turned off mode and only quickly pressing the power button but only 98% once turned on and seemingly not charging further in turned on mode.
Turning the device off and keeping it at the charger the display is showing 98% in turned off mode now whereas it was showing 100% at the start of this description 🫣
Anyone else having this behavior?

Attachments

• IMG_6562.jpeg
    IMG_6562.jpeg
    931.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg
    930.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #2,145 of 2,988
My N30LE isn't charging up to 100%
Don't want to do it perse to save battery life but wondering why nevertheless.
It's saying charged though it's maxing out at 98%.
I kept it charging over night and now see this behavior - it said 100% in turned off mode and only quickly pressing the power button but only 98% once turned on and seemingly not charging further in turned on mode.
Turning the device off and keeping it at the charger the display is showing 98% in turned off mode now whereas it was showing 100% at the start of this description 🫣
Anyone else having this behavior?
Im pretty sure all N30s go to 99 or 98 per screen. Though many here would recommend only charge to 85% to preserve battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back