Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #1,291 of 2,939
With all respect but how can you say that when there are people asking the brand and the model of a cable just to not make the " error" of buying it?

I can’t speak for someone else. It’s been proven already that the same IEMs across multiple N30 may or may not have issues. If you’re going to read one person’s concern over a certain cable having issues with the DAP and apply it across the entire N30 thread then I can’t help you there.

Some people have issues with their Amber Pearl IEMs, some don’t. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sep 23, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #1,292 of 2,939
I sense a little bit of schadenfreude in some posts, and I might be guilty as well. As mentioned previously, I think this device is over the top and over-engineered. For me too risky to even consider buying, so I didn't. Consequently, I am not jealous in any way. But I am surprised by the fact that some owners seem to be "defending" Cayin. Personally, I would never have accepted this flow of event, nor Cayin's response to it. QC obviously is a serious concern here, and so are the variations in quality. And given the root cause of the hiss...I would be worried about the bias/calibration to drift (again) in the future. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,293 of 2,939
Now are the cables that are defective and produces hiss on n30? I am getting this right? Really? A list of cables and iems that produces hiss in n30 ....This looks more like collective hypnosis, what are you folks going to do? If cayin dont solve is problems you are going to ask the headphones and cables producers to solve it?Of course that Cayin will solve all the problems is a high quality and trust brand, but sorry for this, you folks seems like mad people ....but of course after spending 5k i would be a little crazy to...
I don't know or maybe I just missed it, but AFAIK there's nobody here blaming the cable and the IEM producer on the hissing problem of N30LE, because they know that their IEM and cable combo are working fine with their other or previous DAP. And about the list, we just want to help Cayin to solve this problem because we know that Cayin will do their best and we love the house sound of this brand. And yes you have the right to comment on this thread but if you have no intention to help or maybe to purchase this product, then at least be a good silent reader because I think it's quite rude to call someone mad or crazy out of nowhere, thank you 🙏

Sep 23, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,294 of 2,939
I sense a little bit of schadenfreude in some posts, and I might be guilty as well. As mentioned previously, I think this device is over the top and over-engineered. For me too risky to even consider buying, so I didn't. Consequently, I am not jealous in any way. But I am surprised by the fact that some owners seem to be defending Cayin. Personally, I would never have accepted this flow of event, nor Cayin's response to it. QC obviously is a serious concern here, and so are the variations in quality. And given the root cause of the hiss...I would be worried about the bias/calibration to drift (again) in the future. Just my 2 cents...
I don't think that defending is the right word, because I don't know what is the benefit for us by doing that. If in the end the problem is deemed unsolvable by Cayin (And I hope not 🤞), we will surely ask for a refund.

Sep 23, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,295 of 2,939
I don't know or maybe I just missed it, but AFAIK there's nobody here blaming the cable and the IEM producer on the hissing problem of N30LE, because they know that their IEM and cable combo are working fine with their other or previous DAP. And about the list, we just want to help Cayin to solve this problem because we know that Cayin will do their best and we love the house sound of this brand. And yes you have the right to comment on this thread but if you have no intention to help or maybe to purchase this product, then at least be a good silent reader because I think it's quite rude to call someone mad or crazy out of nowhere, thank you 🙏
I said seems mad, i dont call anyone mad, rude is you think that i can not have an opinion, i am not a silent reader....sorry....i know the truth hurts , is a 14k and 5k reality, i hope it gets right

Sep 23, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,296 of 2,939
I said seems mad, i dont call anyone mad, rude is you think that i can not have an opinion, i am not a silent reader....sorry....i know the truth hurts , is a 14k and 5k reality, i hope it gets right
You speak of truth, yet you latched onto a single person’s comment about a single cable and blew it up to be an entire community of people blaming cables instead of Cayin. Had you looked even slightly deeper you’d have seen most of us have been very critical of Cayin, with multiple people jumping ship, multiple people being very specific on what they expect from Cayin in terms of support, and people like myself raking their engineering leadership over the coals for not having caught this in testing.

Seems to me you’re less interested in “truth” and more interested in stirring chaos :wink:

Sep 23, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #1,297 of 2,939
Guys, guys, guys. You could bring these arbitrary points about poverty into any discussion about, well, literally anything that costs money. I mean Denis, you yourself are an owner of a £3k DAP. That's not exactly chump change. We all have to remove the normal parameters of 'reality' in most niche hobbies and not conflate them to being directly correlated in the contribution to real world ethical and moral issues. You're free to add your opinion wherever you please, and I'm sure in most places people will enjoy reading what you have to say; it just comes across that your posts have been borne out of an emotionally agitated response to the price of this particular product, rather than contributing anything that hasn't already been grieved upon (and openly) by the current owners.

I'm sure they're all capable of looking after themselves and their own interests at this point in their lives, I mean they have the accrued the necessary means to afford an N30, and I can't imagine any of these gentlemen attempting to wrangle a sock onto their head first thing in the morning wondering why it doesn't fit. Or you'd like to at least hope they don't :smile:

I have no dice in this game - I can't afford an N30 - but that doesn't mean I can't or don't enjoy reading impressions about it. To appreciate and not to covet. I'd like to think that your intentions were from a place of genuine concern, even if a tad superfluous in nature, but it's derailed my small afternoon indulgence in the catching up on the usual flow this thread, and now my cup of tea is cold which offends my British sensibilities. I'll have to send the Corgi to make me a new one...

Sep 23, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #1,298 of 2,939
To appreciate and not to covet.
I'm fairly confident in saying no one here appreciates nor covets @aaf evo's bed linens 🤮

I am looking forward to trying Amber Pearl IEM, hopefully there will be a AP combo at CJ for demo.

Sep 23, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #1,299 of 2,939
I'm fairly confident in saying no one here appreciates nor covets @aaf evo's bed linens 🤮

I am looking forward to trying Amber Pearl IEM, hopefully there will be a AP combo at CJ for demo.
Absolutely, I kind of wish some of the money he spent on gear would be spent at Bed, Bath and Beyond. :ksc75smile:

I have no skin in the game, obviously finding a unit at this stage of the game is like finding Bigfoot. That said, if things get worked out I would love to hear it.

At the end of all of this, I believe everyone agrees folks shouldn't have to find cables and IEMs that play nicely with the unit, regardless the price. Even though you can't get an N30, I still wouldn't endure this, but hey that is just me. Even if it caused premature ..uh uh...from the sound quality, I could care less, because at the end of the day there are other options. Cayin, will more than likely work it all out, at some point, they eventually did a couple of issues I had in past devices, I had long since moved on.

I do understand how people feel, they did make an investment, to some it may be nothing, to others they were hanging hope on this device. They expect nothing less than their shiny new toy to work. The company has acknowledged there are issues and are addressing them. It is a personal decision if all of that is acceptable.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #1,300 of 2,939
To change the subject back to the actual device…I have been traveling and just got the N30LE (ordered from MusikTeck) up and running this evening. From everything I’ve been reading, I expected disaster, but instead have spent the evening listening to the current GOAT dap. I have every flagship released over the past 5+ yrs from Sony, Cayin, and A&K and this easily surpasses any of them. I admit I am a Cayin fan, as the N8ii would be my #2.
As I’ve switched between jazz, rock, vocal and classical, I’ve experimented quite a bit with gain, timbre, tube timbre, hyper, etc and love the ability to customize listening. I have not been super creative on the IEMs/ headphones yet (so far Empire, QDC, JVC, a&k Layla…lots more to try) and I’m going to keep trying until I get the inevitable hiss.
A lot of people are asking why everyone’s not more upset. I’m not for the following reasons:
- I generally trust hi-fi audio manufacturers. They operate in a very small community, with customer references being critical to their survival. Over many years, I’ve always received good after sales support when facing issues. The only companies I curse to hell for their lack of support: Mytek (no need to explain) and Campfire Audio (CA had a similar issue a few years back and blamed customers instead of taking accountability)
- This is a big deal to Cayin. QC issues with an anniversary flagship has to be humiliating to them and I feel they will bend over backwards to make it right (and they’re already moving in that direction)
- @Andykong . He is one of the most engaged community engagement people in the industry. I have never heard a “you’re wrong” answer from him. Instead, he is always quick to take the community’s side.
- Having spent my career in tech, I love it when companies push boundaries and innovate. The N30LE is just nuts in terms of features…cutting edge stuff, and when you live on the cutting edge, you sometimes bleed.

So, lots more testing to do, but first impressions are beyond impressive! The only issue: I can barely touch the device after hours of tube/ hyper listening…it is freaking hot!

(Ps: I’ll update the @davidmolliere spreadsheet after more testing)

Sep 24, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #1,301 of 2,939
You speak of truth, yet you latched onto a single person’s comment about a single cable and blew it up to be an entire community of people blaming cables instead of Cayin. Had you looked even slightly deeper you’d have seen most of us have been very critical of Cayin, with multiple people jumping ship, multiple people being very specific on what they expect from Cayin in terms of support, and people like myself raking their engineering leadership over the coals for not having caught this in testing.

Seems to me you’re less interested in “truth” and more interested in stirring chaos :wink:
Unfortunately chaos is allready installed....and it wasnt me the reason....like i said Cayin is a great brand and i truly hope everything gets solved, what is sad is that other brands ,other high quality brands too, dont have this kind of " forgiveness" ....

Sep 24, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #1,302 of 2,939
I am not sure I get what all the fuss is about... call me mad but I think @mgsu idea was a great idea and I just built a spreadsheet to help Cayin with additional data on the issue (which is being address and it's a fairly simple fix in the end). I mean, what's the point of communities if we don't collaborate? Just like brands listen to their users thanks to communities when there is an issue the most sensible (not mad) thing to do is try to be constructive. Again the fix is here, simple and identified, anyone with a unit exhibiting the issue can get it fixed.

Sure, nobody is happy about the hissing issue on some units given the price tag but on the flipside I guess all of us are just stunned at how incredibly good N30 sounds... Cayin pushed the enveloppe very far with N30 in terms of engineering with A/P+ being possible and even better Hypermode. When you push the enveloppe you can test, perform QC but there is a limit of use case you can test and well us bunch have a bigger variety of use cases and here just the slightest variance can wreak havoc. I mean a slight error on an engine setting on average joe's car nothing will happen, do the same on a formula one and it can break :p Also, it's a very different thing to build a small scale of units partly manually handmatched and fined tuned than a automated big scale when there isn't any variance. As Andy said, they didn't foresee this problem, they've learned a few things along the way that will make engineering better in the future.

In the end, it's a bit upsetting but not the end of the world : we're taken care of :) (that's probably explaining the forgiveness)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #1,303 of 2,939
I am happy (and lucky) to report NO Hiss with my N30 AP so far. Also, in "economy mode" ( AB, silicon, P) I have experiented 9 hours continius play and still 10% battery left.

Sep 24, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #1,305 of 2,939
The biggest rant and fuss comes from people not owning the N30. I couldn't care less!

Taking in consideration how good the N30 is, the hiss represents just a minor drawback in the big scheme of things.
Those "people" may still be Cayin customers, and might actually care about what is happening to this brand and its products...I am/do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back