Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 23, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #1,276 of 2,940
Yeah, that would be great!
I think it's going to be easier to list just the setups for hissing combos, other wise it's going to be filled with infos...

Ok I added this :

1695459796715.png

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #1,277 of 2,940
I think it's going to be easier to list just the setups for hissing combos, other wise it's going to be filled with infos...
Only the amplification class is affected by the Hiss. Class A and Hyper Mode.
If you like, you can put the class modes in the spreadsheet: A, Hyper, AB.
Maybe there is an outlier in the future with Class AB.

Sep 23, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #1,278 of 2,940
Only the amplification class is affected by the Hiss. Class A and Hyper Mode.
If you like, you can put the class modes in the spreadsheet: A, Hyper, AB.
Maybe there is an outlier in the future with Class AB.
Ok then I overcomplicated things.
Let me edit this.

I am wondering if it wouldn't be nice to list the No Hiss listening configuration also so that we know cables are safe, to exclude false no hiss that would run AB for example.

In the end I am leaving all the columns we never know one might find new use cases...

1695460544012.png

With dropdowns it's easy to add... I added an additional option to indicate hiss is fine for all settings.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #1,279 of 2,940
Ok then I overcomplicated things.
Let me edit this.

I am wondering if it wouldn't be nice to list the No Hiss listening configuration also so that we know cables are safe, to exclude false no hiss that would run AB for example.
the Fiio FH9 has hiss in class A & Hyper and no hiss in class AB.

You can keep in simple and add only hiis and no hiss IEM to the spreadsheet. Its up to you.

Even the simplified spreadsheet is a win for the community when taking buying considerations for a specific IEM/HP to look up if the IEM is safe or not.

Sep 23, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #1,280 of 2,940
the Fiio FH9 has hiss in class A & Hyper and no hiss in class AB.

You can keep in simple and add only hiis and no hiss IEM to the spreadsheet. Its up to you.

Even the simplified spreadsheet is a win for the community when taking buying considerations for a specific IEM/HP to look up if the IEM is safe or not.
Everyone with the link can edit the document :wink:

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #1,281 of 2,940
Everyone with the link can edit the document :wink:

I added what I've gotten around to testing on the 2nd unit. I didn't add items for my original, as it had a different issue.

Just from reading posts here etc. it's clear that some units have an issue with a given transducer/cable and others work fine with it. It's hard to say how much of that is differences in the bias settings between the N30LEs in question, and how much is down to unit-variation in the transducer/cable - since both are subject to tolerance-based variations.

The data should be helpful in figuring that out.

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #1,282 of 2,940
I like to start a poll for future reference with IEMs, HP and cables which produces hiss on N30.

No hiss:
Hifiman Arya Stealth > Cardas > 4,4mm
Focal Utopia OG > Forza Noir Hybrid HPC > 4,4mm
Fir RN6 > stock cable & Effect Audio Fusion1 > 4,4mm

Hiss:
Fiio FH9 > stock cable > 4,4mm

Feel free to contribute!
Is it possible to confirm which cardas cable it is please, only I’ve ordered a cardas clear beyond cable & I’m now concerned to whether it will be ok. I had hiss on all settings with the cardas clear cable that I borrowed. Thank you.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #1,283 of 2,940
Is it possible to confirm which cardas cable it is please, only I’ve ordered a cardas clear beyond cable & I’m now concerned to whether it will be ok. I had hiss on all settings with the cardas clear cable that I borrowed. Thank you.
Cable is the CARDAS AUDIO Clear Light
It is a thin black braided nylon cable. Dont know if it is longer in production

It is as thin as Parsec but braided in black nylon

1695474203276.png

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #1,285 of 2,940
Now are the cables that are defective and produces hiss on n30? I am getting this right? Really? A list of cables and iems that produces hiss in n30 ....This looks more like collective hypnosis, what are you folks going to do? If cayin dont solve is problems you are going to ask the headphones and cables producers to solve it?Of course that Cayin will solve all the problems is a high quality and trust brand, but sorry for this, you folks seems like mad people ....but of course after spending 5k i would be a little crazy to...

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #1,286 of 2,940
Now are the cables that are defective and produces hiss on n30? I am getting this right? Really? A list of cables and iems that produces hiss in n30 ....This looks more like collective hypnosis, what are you folks going to do? If cayin dont solve is problems you are going to ask the headphones and cables producers to solve it?Of course that Cayin will solve all the problems is a high quality and trust brand, but sorry for this, you folks seems like mad people ....but of course after spending 5k i would be a little crazy to...

I’m going to be honest i don’t understand what your concerns are when you clearly have no intention of buying or owning this. Cayin has already posted about their plans to fix it. Those of us that own it and are happy with the sound are also happy with how they’re addressing it, if not we’d return it and move on… you seem more stressed about this than the owners of units who actually have issues.

No one here is blaming the cables or IEMs, we all know it’s issues with the N30 itself and Cayin has already spoken on this.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #1,287 of 2,940
I’m going to be honest i don’t understand what your concerns are when you clearly have no intention of buying or owning this. Cayin has already posted about their plans to fix it. Those of us that own it and are happy with the sound are also happy with how they’re addressing it, if not we’d return it and move on… you seem more stressed about this than the owners of units who actually have issues.
To be honest, i dont have and never had the intention of buying the n30, but i think we are free , or are we not? This forum is the mirror for the all world of this fabulous musical experience of listening to music , when is a thread that starts to go in a path that is almost a witch case , people who are free to read the thread that they want not only the thread of the product they want to buy, all over the world , they start to think that we are a bit crazy , all of us, and of course we are a little considering the amount of money that we spent ( mea culpa) and there are milion of children without having nothing to eat, so please get real, the problem is on N30 not in the cables or headphones, like i said if was AK or Sony .....my God....

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,288 of 2,940
I am getting this right?

No.

It's the combination of transducer and cable, and the resultant inductance, capacitance and impedance (which will vary, by tiny amounts, even between the same models of IEMs and cables etc.) in combination with slightly different bias points between N30LE (tolerances) that cause pronounced hiss.

This looks more like collective hypnosis, what are you folks going to do?

It's not.

It's data collection - knowing the broader array of incidences where problems occur will provide more information for setting new bias values so they are as close to the desired values as possible, without straying into an area which causes amplifier instability (hiss, in this case).

If cayin dont solve is problems you are going to ask the headphones and cables producers to solve it?

Of course not.

There is already a fix from Cayin. The only real question is, for the new bias values they are using, will we encounter outliers in the future that might require a different setting. Which is very unlikely, but to help avoid it - figuring out what is and isn't affected, and the range of tolerances in units causing the problem, will help ensure it's a fix-once and done situation. Worth undertaking since the fix requires RTB.

but sorry for this, you folks seems like mad people ...

For having experienced a product that sounds excellent (for many of us, better than any alternative we've encountered), and that has one very inconvenient issue that occurs with a minority of transducer/cable combinations for some people, and wanting to provide whatever data we can to assist in getting it fixed first time?

I think a better definition of "mad" would apply to types that want to engage in hand-wringing, and questioning others, over something that doesn't affect them.

If there was no faith Cayin would fix it, I (and I'm sure others), would just return the unit for a refund. That remains an option. It's annoying and inconvenient, but other than some waiting, it's not really worth getting worked up about (though if I had sold all my existing gear and was going to be without music for some indeterminate period of time, I'd be a bit miffed). It's really a bigger issue for Cayin, on the PR front, and their dealers, on the hassle front.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #1,289 of 2,940
To be honest, i dont have and never had the intention of buying the n30, but i think we are free , or are we not? This forum is the mirror for the all world of this fabulous musical experience of listening to music , when is a thread that starts to go in a path that is almost a witch case , people who are free to read the thread that they want not only the thread of the product they want to buy, all over the world , they start to think that we are a bit crazy , all of us, and of course we are a little considering the amount of money that we spent ( mea culpa) and there are milion of children without having nothing to eat, so please get real, the problem is on N30 not in the cables or headphones, like i said if was AK or Sony .....my God....

I agree with you. No one is saying you’re not allowed to comment in negative light or criticize, but you’re acting like people aren’t blaming the N30 itself and are placing the blame on the transducers or cables when that isn’t the case. There is MORE than enough data and admittance from Cayin themselves that prove it’s the fault of the N30 hardware and nothing else.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #1,290 of 2,940
I agree with you. No one is saying you’re not allowed to comment in negative light or criticize, but you’re acting like people aren’t blaming the N30 itself and are placing the blame on the transducers or cables when that isn’t the case. There is MORE than enough data and admittance from Cayin themselves that prove it’s the fault of the N30 hardware and nothing else.
With all respect but how can you say that when there are people asking the brand and the model of a cable just to not make the " error" of buying it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back