Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 15, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #931 of 2,988
I have a question for all those experiencing any distortion related issue....is it only Class A, and then is it consistent across P/P+/Hyper......should gather information to help solve the issue, any consistencies will help Cayin find the source of the issue.
I tried everything, when it happens it does not matter what mode you change to etc. seems to be software related IMO as a software engineer.

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #932 of 2,988
I have a question for all those experiencing any distortion related issue....is it only Class A, and then is it consistent across P/P+/Hyper......should gather information to help solve the issue, any consistencies will help Cayin find the source of the issue.
For the distortion issue I reported where it’s fixed with replug, changing any mode settings makes zero difference. In fact they don’t even seem to change anything until AFTER I replug. No sound signature or output power changes.

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #933 of 2,988
Update from my end:

Factory reset the device, Google Play quit a few times when trying to login to my account. Eventually got it to work. Downloaded Tidal, Apple Music, Apple Music Classical and everything is working as expected so far (fingers crossed).

Google Play isn’t crashing anymore, we’ll see if that issue comes back.

I’d recommend everyone whos experiencing issues to factory reset to see if that helps at all.

It hasn’t been long enough to see if the distortion issue (biggest complaint for me) will return. It becomes unusable on Tidal when this occurs, and Apple Music just won’t play at all (it shows that it’s playing but you can’t hear anything).

Sep 16, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #934 of 2,988
@Andykong

So I just found something that might help the engineers diagnose the distortion bug:

Factory reset the device, got Tidal setup again. Everything was working fine so I decided to plugin my Cayin C9. First I turned off Hyper mode, then I plugged in my C9. As soon as I tried to start playing the track again, the distortion issue occurred. However I paused the track, waited a few minutes and it’s back to normal again. Maybe it has something to do with changing to Line Out or potentially going in & out of Hyper mode

Sep 16, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #935 of 2,988
@Andykong

Another thing I noticed, tubes are on even though I’m in LO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #937 of 2,988
Of course this is expected, one of the big new features is that the tubes are in the LO circuit. If you want them off, turn off tube timbre.
Ah I see, apologies did not know that was a feature. @Andykong Please ignore my comment about that

Sep 16, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #938 of 2,988
Another note for everyone who owns the N30LE: be very careful when putting in the USB C charger or any cables. It scratches very easily if you miss.

Sep 16, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #939 of 2,988
Another note for everyone who owns the N30LE: be very careful when putting in the USB C charger or any cables. It scratches very easily if you miss.
Ya, I’m not impressed at all with their coating on the titanium. I can scratch it with my nail. The case doesn’t provide enough coverage at all. I’m considering masking off the screen and buttons and refinishing it myself, once all these bugs are worked out and its stable.

Sep 16, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #940 of 2,988
Ya, I’m not impressed at all with their coating on the titanium. I can scratch it with my nail. The case doesn’t provide enough coverage at all. I’m considering masking off the screen and buttons and refinishing it myself, once all these bugs are worked out and its stable.
That would be pretty cool!

Had the same issue with my HiBY RS8, seems to be an issue with titanium daps

Sep 16, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #942 of 2,988
hi all...can you please do me a favor and try A / AB and see if you notice anything in solid state mode. Can't figure it out...and I have sensitive hearing and can easily tell A/AB sound on the C9. Also per the bug I reported...what can power be, P or P+ when toggling anps?

Thanks!

Sep 16, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #943 of 2,988
hi all...can you please do me a favor and try A / AB and see if you notice anything in solid state mode. Can't figure it out...and I have sensitive hearing and can easily tell A/AB sound on the C9.
This has been answered elsewhere in the thread already.
Also per the bug I reported...what can power be, P or P+ when toggling anps?
You mean changing between A and AB? You can be in either P or P+, it doesn’t matter.

Sep 16, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #944 of 2,988
1) Question: How many people here have experienced the hissing issue? So far I just saw 1 person writing about this. Is it possible to make a poll here?

2) There seems to be a firmware update for N30LE. Anyone tried this already?

Sep 16, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #945 of 2,988
This has been answered elsewhere in the thread already.

You mean changing between A and AB? You can be in either P or P+, it doesn’t matter.
It was answered that it's sutble...but it appears to be nonfunctional on my unit. Would appreciate if you guys could test. There is subtle...and then there is it doesn't nothing audbly. Please guys...test it thoroughly. This is concerning, plus the bug I found...

The P/P+ with A/AB has a bug when toggling Settings menu (not from top slider). Andy confirmed and Cayin will address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back