Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Oct 15, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #1,576 of 2,945
I never stream and all are locally stored files. All my files are bought as digital files or ripped from my CD collection. MP3s, FLACS, DSDs. Some of the MP3s are badly recorded (from the 70s and the 80s).

My N30 settings are P/AB/Classic tube/Low gain with the A18t + 1960 2 wire cable

But so far, on all my Cayin DAPs (Cayin Nii with R01, Cayin N3 pro), Cayin RU6, Sony WM1Z, Sony WM1A2 with the same A18t and with the same 1960 2 wire cable, none of those files gave the hotness in the treble. And most of the files sound awesome with A18t, even badly recorded ones. This was the first time I heard the A18t exhibit that and I was surprised.

I tried another CIEM, Itsfitlab fusion. And all those files play well without any sizzling. The fusion is a tastefully colored, slightly warmish iem that brings out the details without sounding harsh in the treble region.

This is why I feel that some iems that are energetic in the top end might exhibit that behavior on certain tracks/recordings. Will keep cycling through my collection and my keep my ears out for the tracks that cause it.

Not related to the sizzling, but in general, I would like to hear from other N30LE owners as to the IEMS that they're pairing this DAP with, their settings & their impressions. This DAP is special except for that rare sizzling (which isn't a deal breaker for me, yet)
Very interesting ! Could you tell us why you do not use « Hypermode » that is supposed to offer the best audio. Thanks

Oct 15, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,577 of 2,945
I am trying to change from 4.4 bal to 3.5 output, but….I do not see where I can change the seating to output to SE 3.5 ! Can someone show where is the screen setting ? Thanks.

NOTE: I am ( so far) Hiss free, but I am not sure that I am always distorsions free with the 4.4 BA. So I would like to try the 3.5 SE which is suppose to never have those audio issues…

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #1,578 of 2,945
I have been using my new N30 for two days and could not be more pleased. I thought I would be comfortable with its OS since I have an N7, but have been unable to find the balance adjustment ( one of my ears hears better than the other), nor can I find the shuffle play switch. help, PLEASE
Mine is from the last batch. It is hiss free and only gets warm, NOT hot.

Oct 15, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #1,579 of 2,945
Since last Wednesday, I have been hearing severe hiss noise on the right side when using the Nightjar Singularity ( stock cable) on my N30LE.
When using other IEMs, I can hear the noise slightly.
It only happens when using class A.
Noise is coming from the stock cable (Vanguard 2W), and using other cables reduces the noise, but I can still hear it.
So, I've contacted the official distributor in korea.
Hopefully the replacement or repair won't take too long.

Oct 15, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #1,580 of 2,945
I am trying to change from 4.4 bal to 3.5 output, but….I do not see where I can change the seating to output to SE 3.5 ! Can someone show where is the screen setting ? Thanks.

NOTE: I am ( so far) Hiss free, but I am not sure that I am always distorsions free with the 4.4 BA. So I would like to try the 3.5 SE which is suppose to never have those audio issues…

If you're talking about the HEADPHONE outputs, there is no switch/setting necessary. The 3.5mm output is always live, as is the 4.4mm.

So, if you're plugging headphones/IEMs into the 3.5mm headphone output (as opposed to the LINE out), and not getting sound ... then you've got a different problem.

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #1,581 of 2,945

No settings are required, just plug it into the 3.5 output.
If the sound is only coming from the 4.4 outputs and not from the 3.5 outputs, check if the balanced output display changes to S/PDIF when unplugging from the 4.4 outputs.
If the S/PDIF indicator does not appear when unplugged, your DAP is not noticing the unplug.
I had this problem with my N7 before and had to exchange it for a new one.

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #1,582 of 2,945
IMG_2459.jpeg

Amber Pearl has landed 🥳 sounds awesome OOTB but I’ll let it settle before assessing closely. I wish I could’ve compared it directly with my old N30LE but I had a quick listen with one of my other IEM’s and it sounds more or less the same as I what I remember N30LE sounding. I suppose the differences between them would be noticeable only if you had them both side-by-side. Either way, they both sound incredible🔥

Oct 16, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,583 of 2,945
I have a problem because the « bal « icon is always displayed on the top line, whenever the headphone is plugged into the 4.4 or the 3.5 and… there is no sound coming from the 3.5 ! !

So may be my N30 Amber Pearl is defective and this will explain why I still have mixed feeling about his sound that sometime I find distorded and need to
Lower the volume to have it clear ? To me it’ sound is not awesome like other report. :frowning2:

Should I have my N30 repared ?
IMG_5560.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5562.jpeg
    IMG_5562.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5563.jpeg
    IMG_5563.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #1,584 of 2,945
I have a problem because the « bal « icon is always displayed on the top line, whenever the headphone is plugged into the 4.4 or the 3.5 and… there is no sound coming from the 3.5 ! !

So may be my N30 Amber Pearl is defective and this will explain why I still have mixed feeling about his sound that sometime I find distorded and need to
Lower the volume to have it clear ? To me it’ sound is not awesome like other report. :frowning2:

IMG_5560.jpeg
You should.
Contact CAYIN about this issue.
Their answer will be the same.

Oct 16, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #1,586 of 2,945

IMG_5560.jpeg
I had the same issue and posted here a few weeks ago
I contacted the dealer and sent it back
After a few days they replaced the unit!

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #1,587 of 2,945
If you're talking about the HEADPHONE outputs, there is no switch/setting necessary. The 3.5mm output is always live, as is the 4.4mm.

So, if you're plugging headphones/IEMs into the 3.5mm headphone output (as opposed to the LINE out), and not getting sound ... then you've got a different problem.
By the way the same applies to the pre-out, separate plug point for balance and single-ended

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #1,588 of 2,945
I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
The breakup we had has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you
'Cause I want you back, hey, hey

Sent N30LE070 back to Andrew last week and made me lonesome and sad...

"Reunited, and it feels so good
Reunited, 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited, hey, hey..."

– Peaches & Herb

Reunited with N30LE292 today and so excited, hey, hey!

292 arrived safely – in pristine condition, 90% battery life, loaded with the latest firmware and sounds as remarkable as I remembered. Anxiously tested the Meze 190Pro + Meze PCHUD upgrade cable setup which identified Hyper / Class A waterfall hiss. Excited to report no app/OS crashes, hiss free and oh so aurally amazing.

Many thanks to Andrew at Musicteck for always taking care of me, @Andykong for supporting the community and everyone at @Cayin for making the N30LE possible.

Spending the remainder of the evening get "reunited, hey, hey!" 🥳

IMG_0117.png

Oct 16, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #1,589 of 2,945
USB C Charging. I am using the cable that came with the unit. It's USB C to USB C. I plug it into an Anker charger for USB C and an Apple USB C charger...no go. It doesn't work. I use my N8ii cable which is USB to USB C and voila...it works on the N30LE.

I looked at all of the threads and the FAQ...why wouldn't the USB C to USB C cable work to charge the unit? Does anyone have a "brick" charger that they have used that is successful in charging the N30LE?

Thanks

Oct 17, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #1,590 of 2,945
Sent N30LE070 back to Andrew last week and made me lonesome and sad...

Reunited with N30LE292 today and so excited, hey, hey!

292 arrived safely – in pristine condition, 90% battery life, loaded with the latest firmware and sounds as remarkable as I remembered. Anxiously tested the Meze 190Pro + Meze PCHUD upgrade cable setup which identified Hyper / Class A waterfall hiss. Excited to report no app/OS crashes, hiss free and oh so aurally amazing.

Many thanks to Andrew at Musicteck for always taking care of me, @Andykong for supporting the community and everyone at @Cayin for making the N30LE possible.

Spending the remainder of the evening get "reunited, hey, hey!" 🥳

IMG_0117.png

Whelp spoke to soon re: OS lockups. 3 solid lockups back to back requiring Power + Prev combo reboot.
  • First was just swiping from Apple Music to Settings, locked up between swipe
  • Next swipe Tidal to Home screen, locked up on home screen
  • Another was swiping from Tidal to Apple Music
Also noticed that double tap to wake screen doesn't seem to work. I have to press the power button to wake.

Charging indicator pulse is still a erratic when device is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back