Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Oct 14, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,561 of 2,988
Swipe up on the home screen to access your all apps. You should see the HiBy Music App.

HiBy Music App.jpg
Thanks a lot. I tried the HiBy Music App and.. liked it. Is there a way to have the HiBy Music App proposed by default when we turn ON the N30 ? So far it is always the Cayin player that is proposed in the botton bar.

Oct 14, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,562 of 2,988
I hope that you enjoy your new toy. Can you share with us your sonic impressions ?

I also have a N30 AmberPearl, and, as opposed to the ambiant overwhelming positive feeling, I am mixed feeling about it: with some tracks I find it sublime, and with others (may be less good recording ? ) I like it less than my previous DAP ! ! strange isn't it ?

N30.png
my previous DAP was the Lp6tiAE and coming from that there is a difference in house sound cayin vs L&P, right now i'm trying to find the perfect match, Orpheus Shielding vs stock cable, right now Orpheus might be a little to much for the combo, but @aaf evo mentioned that sound changed for him after burning it in so I'm half way doing that now. I feel like I lost a little detail and separation vs LP6ti AE and maybe a little bit of stage, but burn-in will tell

Oct 14, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #1,563 of 2,988
Thanks a lot. I tried the HiBy Music App and.. liked it. Is there a way to have the HiBy Music App proposed by default when we turn ON the N30 ? So far it is always the Cayin player that is proposed in the botton bar.

HiBy and Cayin share identical implementations of Android OS views which are:

- Home/App Screen(s) with persistent app bar (default view) — these views are user customizable with app shortcuts to your frequently used apps
- App Drawer shows all apps installed on your device and is accessed by swiping up on the Home/App screen(s)

Home/App screen(s) and persistent app bar layouts are customizable by tapping and dragging an app from the App Drawer, which creates an app "shortcut" of the installed app.

When you install new apps, the app shortcut is added to the Home Screen and app in the App Drawer.

You can also have multiple App Screens — just tap and drag an app (from the App Drawer) or app shortcut (from an App Screen) to the right edge of your screen and a blank App Screen is added. For most users, the Home app screen is sufficient.

App shortcuts in the app bar are persistent as you swipe between Home/App layout screens — just like iOS.

You can remove app shortcuts by tapping and dragging an app shortcut towards "Remove" button which appears when dragging.

The App drawer is not customizable and shows all apps installed on your device. In this view, you can uninstall apps by tapping and dragging the app towards "Uninstall" button which appears when dragging.

TLDR;
To add the HiBy Music app to the persistent app bar, you'll probably need to make room.

Tap and drag the Cayin app shortcut from the app bar:

- To the Home Screen if you want to keep it readily accessible
- Or towards the "Remove" button if you want to remove from the Home Screen

To add the HiBy app or any other app, swipe up on the Home Screen to access the App Drawer:

- Tap and drag the HiBy Music or other app to your Home Screen
- Release the app shortcut in the Home Screen layout or an open spot in the persistent app bar

Oct 14, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #1,564 of 2,988
N30LE is large and heavy. It can be carried on a flight or metro commute, but it i not like the other larger daps. It is larger than the larger daps in the market.

Plus it gets very, very, very hot when in tube mode. Super duper hot.

Also, there is huge improvement in the entire frequency range. Lots of details, yet presented in a music/organic way. For iems/headphones with a bright signature the highs will be sizzling.
Im some what treble sensitive and havent noticed. N30 to be bright at all.
I hope that you enjoy your new toy. Can you share with us your sonic impressions ?

I also have a N30 AmberPearl, and, as opposed to the ambiant overwhelming positive feeling, I am mixed feeling about it: with some tracks I find it sublime, and with others (may be less good recording ? ) I like it less than my previous DAP ! ! strange isn't it ?

N30.png
I have regular N30 and I have mixed feelings about it too. I feel like SP3K smoother, holographic , bigger stage. However, on some tracks N30 is amazing. I maybe my brain are still adjusting to Cayin sound . I will give it more time to burn in and get used to it .
I actually prefer N30 to take on a walk vs SP3K . Both heavy so I’m fine with weight . At least N30 doesn’t push buttons on it’s own like SP3K does

Oct 14, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,566 of 2,988
Im some what treble sensitive and havent noticed. N30 to be bright at all.
Yes. that's why I mentioned "For iems/headphones with a bright signature the highs will be sizzling" on certain songs/recordings. I don't think that the iems/headphones that have tamed highs will have that behavior

Oct 14, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #1,567 of 2,988
Yes. that's why I mentioned "For iems/headphones with a bright signature the highs will be sizzling" on certain songs/recordings. I don't think that the iems/headphones that have tamed highs will have that behavior
I don't find N30LE to be bright at all, and I'm very treble sensitive. It's way less bright than N8ii. It doesn't round off treble, but it doesn't emphasize it either.

Oct 14, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #1,568 of 2,988
HiBy and Cayin share identical implementations of Android OS views which are:

- Home/App Screen(s) with persistent app bar (default view) — these views are user customizable with app shortcuts to your frequently used apps
- App Drawer shows all apps installed on your device and is accessed by swiping up on the Home/App screen(s)

Home/App screen(s) and persistent app bar layouts are customizable by tapping and dragging an app from the App Drawer, which creates an app "shortcut" of the installed app.

When you install new apps, the app shortcut is added to the Home Screen and app in the App Drawer.

You can also have multiple App Screens — just tap and drag an app (from the App Drawer) or app shortcut (from an App Screen) to the right edge of your screen and a blank App Screen is added. For most users, the Home app screen is sufficient.

App shortcuts in the app bar are persistent as you swipe between Home/App layout screens — just like iOS.

You can remove app shortcuts by tapping and dragging an app shortcut towards "Remove" button which appears when dragging.

The App drawer is not customizable and shows all apps installed on your device. In this view, you can uninstall apps by tapping and dragging the app towards "Uninstall" button which appears when dragging.

TLDR;
To add the HiBy Music app to the persistent app bar, you'll probably need to make room.

Tap and drag the Cayin app shortcut from the app bar:

- To the Home Screen if you want to keep it readily accessible
- Or towards the "Remove" button if you want to remove from the Home Screen

To add the HiBy app or any other app, swipe up on the Home Screen to access the App Drawer:

- Tap and drag the HiBy Music or other app to your Home Screen
- Release the app shortcut in the Home Screen layout or an open spot in the persistent app bar
thanks. It work fine for me now...

Oct 14, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,569 of 2,988
my previous DAP was the Lp6tiAE and coming from that there is a difference in house sound cayin vs L&P, right now i'm trying to find the perfect match, Orpheus Shielding vs stock cable, right now Orpheus might be a little to much for the combo, but @aaf evo mentioned that sound changed for him after burning it in so I'm half way doing that now. I feel like I lost a little detail and separation vs LP6ti AE and maybe a little bit of stage, but burn-in will tell
thank for your feed back. I see you have Elysian Annihilator 23 and Amber pearl. Which IEM you prefer with the N30 ?

Oct 14, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #1,570 of 2,988
thank for your feed back. I see you have Elysian Annihilator 23 and Amber pearl. Which IEM you prefer with the N30 ?
AP, I think Anni23 will go soon, kinda waiting for full burn-in to decide. right now Anni23 bass >AP for some songs. punchier. but everything else goes to AP, I'm a one IEM guy and AP is a better all rounder for my complete library

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #1,571 of 2,988
The N30LE presentation is rather different from most DAPs the extreme detail it retrieves is used to reconstruct the original sound as accurately possible in an integrated whole like reconstructing each note with its original ratio of fundamental frequency and the un distorted levels of its accompanying odd and even harmonics, hence reproducing the actual captured sound as possible. This ratio Is what allows you to know the difference between a Stradivarius violin versus a garneri Del Gesu violin and also the sound character of Perlman versus say Joshua Bell.
When this ratios are not preserved by a sound system then you may tend to hear more detail and say more artifacts that a technically impressive but don't get you closer to the real music . So wait for the N30LE to burn in completely, you will be more amazes.
It doesn't have many peers!!!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #1,572 of 2,988
I don't find N30LE to be bright at all, and I'm very treble sensitive. It's way less bright than N8ii. It doesn't round off treble, but it doesn't emphasize it either.
Being treble sensitive, you would be having an iem that is not bright at the top frequencies or do you have a bright iem and not hearing the hotness in the treble with N30LE?

I've 64audio A18t for 5 years now and that's been my daily driver. I have never experienced hotness (sizzling) in the treble with any of the sources so far. Though I've seen others mentioning that it could get a little bright in certain songs and thus not be comfortable for treble sensitive folks.

N30LE (50 hours of burn-in done) is the DAP where I heard it for the first time. Same audio files/recordings, same iem, same cable and on some songs it was getting sizzling.

Again it is N30LE in combination with 64audio A18t that is exhibiting the hotness in the treble region on certain recordings. My first thought was if the iem was behaving faultily. The iem is fine with other sources on the same songs on other sources. Is my N30LE behaving erratically? I would like to hear the impressions of other N30LE owners that have a bright iem to see if what I'm hearing matches with theirs.

EDIT: adding this impression by another head-fi member (Piotr Michalak) on the water-cooler thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-4334#post-17747208

"N30LE seems like a continuation of N8ii in terms of architecture, and it is also harsh to some extent. The highs are sizzling on top sometimes. There were times when I thought to myself: "I didn't really knew that I can still hear such high sounds". But that's not because N30LE adds +10dB in the highest octave. It's because of the quality and ability of this DAP to extract different layers of sounds from each other. So there's also an addictive quality to these sizzling highs. I want to hear more, to analyze more. The sound quality got upgraded so much from N8ii that I can no longer ignore it. Technicalities went through the roof."

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #1,573 of 2,988
Being treble sensitive, you would be having an iem that is not bright at the top frequencies or do you have a bright iem and not hearing the hotness in the treble with N30LE?

I've 64audio A18t for 5 years now and that's been my daily driver. I have never experienced hotness (sizzling) in the treble with any of the sources so far. Though I've seen others mentioning that it could get a little bright in certain songs and thus not be comfortable for treble sensitive folks.

N30LE (50 hours of burn-in done) is the DAP where I heard it for the first time. Same audio files/recordings, same iem, same cable and on some songs it was getting sizzling.

Again it is N30LE in combination with 64audio A18t that is exhibiting the hotness in the treble region on certain recordings. My first thought was if the iem was behaving faultily. The iem is fine with other sources on the same songs on other sources. Is my N30LE behaving erratically? I would like to hear the impressions of other N30LE owners that have a bright iem to see if what I'm hearing matches with theirs.

EDIT: adding this impression by another head-fi member (Piotr Michalak) on the water-cooler thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-4334#post-17747208

"N30LE seems like a continuation of N8ii in terms of architecture, and it is also harsh to some extent. The highs are sizzling on top sometimes. There were times when I thought to myself: "I didn't really knew that I can still hear such high sounds". But that's not because N30LE adds +10dB in the highest octave. It's because of the quality and ability of this DAP to extract different layers of sounds from each other. So there's also an addictive quality to these sizzling highs. I want to hear more, to analyze more. The sound quality got upgraded so much from N8ii that I can no longer ignore it. Technicalities went through the roof."
Interesting. You have example track which demonstrates sizzling ? Are you streaming or it’s local files ?

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #1,574 of 2,988
Just got my N30LE and I just enjoyed that so much. It really surprised me how “black” the background are even pairing with sensitive IEMs like Phonix LE, while it is also capable to drive power hungry IEMs like GM/ P Zero/ Supreme V3. As contrast, I plugged my Viking Prestige/ Phonix LE to DMP and the hiss sound is just too loud…

Simply amazing without any regret.

Oct 15, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,575 of 2,988
Interesting. You have example track which demonstrates sizzling ? Are you streaming or it’s local files ?
I never stream and all are locally stored files. All my files are bought as digital files or ripped from my CD collection. MP3s, FLACS, DSDs. Some of the MP3s are badly recorded (from the 70s and the 80s).

My N30 settings are P/AB/Classic tube/Low gain with the A18t + 1960 2 wire cable

But so far, on all my Cayin DAPs (Cayin Nii with R01, Cayin N3 pro), Cayin RU6, Sony WM1Z, Sony WM1A2 with the same A18t and with the same 1960 2 wire cable, none of those files gave the hotness in the treble. And most of the files sound awesome with A18t, even badly recorded ones. This was the first time I heard the A18t exhibit that and I was surprised.

I tried another CIEM, Itsfitlab fusion. And all those files play well without any sizzling. The fusion is a tastefully colored, slightly warmish iem that brings out the details without sounding harsh in the treble region.

This is why I feel that some iems that are energetic in the top end might exhibit that behavior on certain tracks/recordings. Will keep cycling through my collection and my keep my ears out for the tracks that cause it.

Not related to the sizzling, but in general, I would like to hear from other N30LE owners as to the IEMS that they're pairing this DAP with, their settings & their impressions. This DAP is special except for that rare sizzling (which isn't a deal breaker for me, yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back