Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Nov 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #4,936 of 6,262
Hi all. Got this player recently and like it so far, howewer there is really annoying bug(?) with my unit, and i cant find similar information.Problem only occurs then headphones plugged in jack. Occasionaly, after boot-up or after player been paused for 3-5 mminutes, when i press "play" music is not playing, track "progress bar" just freezes. Only things that help is device reload , or eject headphones, then press "next track" and"play", then insert headphones in jack back. Doesn't matter what headphones, sd card, it happens via bluetooth dac mode too. Maybe someone got thoughts on this?

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #4,937 of 6,262
Hi all. Got this player recently and like it so far, howewer there is really annoying bug(?) with my unit, and i cant find similar information.Problem only occurs then headphones plugged in jack. Occasionaly, after boot-up or after player been paused for 3-5 mminutes, when i press "play" music is not playing, track "progress bar" just freezes. Only things that help is device reload , or eject headphones, then press "next track" and"play", then insert headphones in jack back. Doesn't matter what headphones, sd card, it happens via bluetooth dac mode too. Maybe someone got thoughts on this?
Never had this problem before and I some times leave my N3 on and paused a lot longer than 5 minutes. Do you have the most recent fw installed?

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #4,939 of 6,262
Yes, player actually came with 2.1 fw, i even tried to install 2.0 version, it doesn't matter.
What headphones are you using? Have you tried a different set? Are you using headphones with inline controls? Just seems odd because I've used 6 different types of headphones and IEMs and this has never happened to me. I've not read about anyone else having it either.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #4,940 of 6,262
What headphones are you using? Have you tried a different set? Are you using headphones with inline controls? Just seems odd because I've used 6 different types of headphones and IEMs and this has never happened to me. I've not read about anyone else having it either.
Yeah, low impedance iems, pinnacle p1, he400s, no inline controls, all same results. I'm surprised too, seems rare occasion.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #4,941 of 6,262
Yeah, low impedance iems, pinnacle p1, he400s, no inline controls, all same results. I'm surprised too, seems rare occasion.
I don't know how long you've had your N3, but I'd try to return it unless Cayin or someone else chimes in with a fix. Sounds defective to me, but I'm no expert. Neither of my N3's have ever done what you've described. Good luck.

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #4,943 of 6,262
I'll give the firmware update a try this evening (currently 1.2). For the audiobook fast forward issue, it does eventually start playing again if I wait long enough (sometimes just a few seconds, sometimes a couple of minutes). They are .mp3 files, but large since it is the entire book in one file (26 hours on the current one). I'm going to try to get used to the N3 and see if I can avoid hitting those sensitive buttons accidentally but I might have to decide it is not a good fit for my audiobook listening without bookmarks and a way to lock the buttons from accidental pushes.

Hi, just update the firmware first to see what happens please. Any problem, please feel free to let me know again.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 1, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #4,945 of 6,262

Hi, you referred to "Only things that help is device reload", what kind of device you connected to N3 at that time? I never met this problem on my N3 and it indeed pretty strange. May I know where are you locate? When did you buy this player?

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #4,946 of 6,262
Hi, you referred to "Only things that help is device reload", what kind of device you connected to N3 at that time? I never met this problem on my N3 and it indeed pretty strange. May I know where are you locate? When did you buy this player?
Yeah, by"device" I mean N3 itself. I live in Russian federation, shipment came around 2 weeks ago, from "jd.com" so bought it about 2 monts ago.

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #4,947 of 6,262
Yeah, by"device" I mean N3 itself. I live in Russian federation, shipment came around 2 weeks ago, from "jd.com" so bought it about 2 monts ago.

Thank you for your information! Have you tried your music files on other players? If yes, is it normal? Could you please reset N3 to factory default and update it to the latest firmware again to see what happens?

Last edited:

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #4,948 of 6,262
Thank you for your information! Have you tried your music files on other players? If yes, is it normal? Could you please reset N3 to factory default and update it to the latest firmware again to see what happens?
Tried with other players (with no problems), tried with other microSD cards, via streaming from phone, all same. I'm on 2.1 now, tried factory reset , nothing :worried:.

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #4,949 of 6,262

Similar thing happens to me, whereby player pauses every time I touch the plug. BUT this happens only when I have FiiO F9 connected - I blame cable. Need to get new cable for the FiiO.

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #4,950 of 6,262
Hi
First post my player arrived today and after giving it the once over formatted my 128 gb card and made 1 folder called music. Tried a couple of album's, all's well so far. Now tried to update with the custom firmware by putting the UPT file in with the music. Player says no file found?

Looks like I'm doing something wrong.

Help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back