Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Jun 10, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #631 of 751
With my 25Ohm TH-X00 connected via 4 pin balanced and using low gain/high current, I can turn the pot fully up and the amp is scarily silent.
Considering the power on tap this is quite an achievement with a very low impedance headphone like the Fostex.

Changing to high gain and I can instantly hear a slight hiss, which increases slightly as gain is increased.
However, one would need to be a total masochist to use high gain with this headphone...:smile:

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #632 of 751
The static is actually quite loud so I don't want to risk damaging my headphones (HE1000v2 and HD800). It's happening even when no music is playing.
I've raised a return request.
It was also the last piece that the dealer had with him, so I'll probably have to get some other amp now. :/
I realise this experience might well have turned you off the Cayin, but I would urge you to try swap it for another.

I have not heard anything else in the price range that sounds better and/or has a better feature set.

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #633 of 751
I realise this experience might well have turned you off the Cayin, but I would urge you to try swap it for another.

I have not heard anything else in the price range that sounds better and/or has a better feature set.
I'm actually quite sad right now because it sounded so good.
I'll try and see if I can get a replacement.
Thanks!

Jun 10, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #634 of 751
Hi everyone, I just received my amp an hour ago and I was really enjoying the sound. But, I started to get a lot of static, cracks and pops in the left channel. It stays constant even when the volume knob is at the lowest position. I can hear it on all three outputs.
It actually comes and goes in cycles.. has anyone else experienced this?
I guess my amp is faulty?? :frowning2:
So sorry to hear that man... as someone else has suggested I would try using a different cable, and source, if only one DAC may be trying XLR or RCA?

Just tested the amp with HE1000SE & HE6Se at my friend's home and both headphones sounded so nice... looks like it is made for Hifiman headphones... don't you have any old crappy headphones/earphones that you could use for testing only?

Jun 10, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #636 of 751
I shall hopefully soon be able to put the HE6seV2 properly through it's paces with the iHA-6.
This is something I have been looking forward to for a while now, ever since my mate got his pair.

He may not get them back...:beyersmile:

Oh yeah, you will love the sound coming out of IHA6 with HE6SE V2. Amp seems to bring out the best of Hififman headphones, Susvara, He6SE, and HE1000SE all just sound so nice :)

Please let us know your thought after listening but yeah most likely you would keep it for a long time :wink:

Jun 10, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #637 of 751
So sorry to hear that man... as someone else has suggested I would try using a different cable, and source, if only one DAC may be trying XLR or RCA?

Just tested the amp with HE1000SE & HE6Se at my friend's home and both headphones sounded so nice... looks like it is made for Hifiman headphones... don't you have any old crappy headphones/earphones that you could use for testing only?
I actually connected my previous amp again and once again, everything is back to being dead silent - same cable, same DAC..
So there's definitely something wrong with my amp sadly.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #639 of 751
So update on my unit, turns out the transistors in the left channel were faulty. Sad. :frowning2:
I feel your pain...it must be very rare for one of these to fail out of the box.

By the sound of it ("static, cracks and pops") there was probably a short on the board somewhere which developed shortly after initial power up.
Really bad luck.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #640 of 751
I feel your pain...it must be very rare for one of these to fail out of the box.

By the sound of it ("static, cracks and pops") there was probably a short on the board somewhere which developed shortly after initial power up.
Really bad luck.
At least, it didn't fry any of my headphones. And I got a full refund.
So it's not too bad!

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #641 of 751
Hi everyone, I just received my amp an hour ago and I was really enjoying the sound. But, I started to get a lot of static, cracks and pops in the left channel. It stays constant even when the volume knob is at the lowest position. I can hear it on all three outputs.
It actually comes and goes in cycles.. has anyone else experienced this?
I guess my amp is faulty?? :frowning2:
I just have gotten the same problem :slight_frown: Everything was fine during 1 week of usage, but today the noise started after another switching on. I hope my local repair service will help me with it.

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #643 of 751
Urgent update. Just tried to plug another power cable from other power distributor and hiss is gone :smiley: It made my day.
Good to hear!

Troubleshooting 101, Rule 1: unplug everything!

However, that does not explain the hiss - power distributor on the fritz?

Gotta be very careful with power...it's a pretty vital component of this whole shebang!

Jul 21, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #645 of 751
I'm thinking of getting this amp but I'm growing increasingly worried with all these hiss/buzz issues being reported
I can only speak for myself but my iHA-6 has had no issues at all from new.
I use it daily and for such a powerful amp it is dead silent even on maximum gain.

Frankly I would not let a few negative experiences influence my decision to purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back