Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Jun 1, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #616 of 751
The more I listen to this amp, the more I am amazed at the amp.

I have purchased a lot of these so called, value-for-money amps, like Topping A90, DX7, EX5, A30pro, Drop THX789, Singxer SA-1, Gustard H16, SMSL SP400, SP200, SH-8. These were good for the money but when compared to more expensive amps like Phonitor X or Sparkos Aries, there were big enough differences in one way or another to tell that these were valued for money amps and to be compared in that group. These didn't last more than a couple of weeks for that reason... So kind of gave on buying any more of these, but bought this anyway as this was one of the amps that can drive Susvara easily..

IHA-6, on the other hand, can really compete with these much more expensive amps. Was very skeptical before getting this as I have not had that good of experiences with so-called, value for money amps, but this amp has blown me away. Has very great power, tonality, and soundstage.

With selectable current mode, I can enjoy warmer tonality with high current mode and a more neutral tonality with low current mode, like having 2 different amps. For my ears, this is true for Susvara and HD800/S which I have tried so far.

My only wish is, color, I have made sure everything in my head-fi rack is black but now I have one Silver device in my rack....
Another is, remote control, at least for the volume....

Just a quick thought on the amp and yeah, this amp is definitely a keeper!!!

Jun 2, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #617 of 751
The more I listen more I am loving the amp... until I see that color mismatch in my rack... :frowning2: Might have to look at IHD-6 maybe :wink:

By the way, the comment on soundstage looks to be just a volume mismatch between 2 current modes... but high current seems to increase bass impact for HD800/s & Susvara..

20220603_072143_1.jpg

20220603_072317.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #618 of 751
The more I listen more I am loving the amp... until I see that color mismatch in my rack... :frowning2: Might have to look at IHD-6 maybe :wink:

By the comment on soundstage looks to be just a volume mismatch between 2 current modes... but high current seems to increase bass impact for HD800/s & Susvara..

20220603_072143_1.jpg

20220603_072317.jpg
How do you find it in compares with your Sparkos and SPL amps?

Jun 3, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #619 of 751
How do you find it in compares with your Sparkos and SPL amps?

Sparkos is a beautifully sounding amp but just not able to drive Susvara.. :frowning2: very neutral with great sound stage width... so have sold Sparkos now.. its great with HD800/s.

Phonitor has been my main amp for few years and though IHA-6 is very very close Phonitor has little edge when it comes to detail retrieval and the soundstage both width and depth.....for classical music, but difference is not that big.. IHA-6 seems to have better bass impact though... so some might prefer the sound of IHA-6 for this reason.. ,:)

But for ears Phonitor for classical music and vocal with IHA-6 ..

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #620 of 751
Sparkos is a beautifully sounding amp but just not able to drive Susvara.. :frowning2: very neutral with great sound stage width... so have sold Sparkos now.. its great with HD800/s.

Phonitor has been my main amp for few years and though IHA-6 is very very close Phonitor has little edge when it comes to detail retrieval and the soundstage both width and depth.....for classical music, but difference is not that big.. IHA-6 seems to have better bass impact though... so some might prefer the sound of IHA-6 for this reason.. ,:)

But for ears Phonitor for classical music and vocal with IHA-6 ..

Thanks.
I had an iHA6 for quite a while then changed my home office set up for something more transportable so switched to another Cayin amp the C9.

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #621 of 751
Hello guys, I am seriously considering this amp. My current headphones are HE1000v2 and HD800.
I would really appreciate some impressions on how this amp pairs with the HE1000v2.
Thanks

Jun 7, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #622 of 751
Hello guys, I am seriously considering this amp. My current headphones are HE1000v2 and HD800.
I would really appreciate some impressions on how this amp pairs with the HE1000v2.
Thanks
I don't own a HEKv2 however I would suggest that the iHA-6 is a near perfect match.
It was made to drive low impedance planar headphones in high current mode and outputs around 5W into 32 Ohms.
Substantially more in low current mode, should you require it.

The 35 Ohm/90db HEKv2 is a pig to drive but the Cayin shouldn't raise a sweat in low gain.

By all means send your HEKv2 to me for a thorough analysis...:)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #623 of 751
I don't own a HEKv2 however I would suggest that the iHA-6 is a near perfect match.
It was made to drive low impedance planar headphones in high current mode and outputs around 5W into 32 Ohms.
Substantially more in low current mode, should you require it.

The 35 Ohm/90db HEKv2 is a pig to drive but the Cayin shouldn't raise a sweat in low gain.

By all means send your HEKv2 to me for a thorough analysis...:)

I believe this amp is made for hard-to-drive planner headphones.. I am using this amp with Susvara it drives really well with great dynamic and body to the sound

HE 1000 v2 being efficient, this amp should have no issue driving it :)

Jun 7, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #624 of 751
Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I just placed the order, I should have it in my possession in 2-3 days.
Can't wait!

Quick question, I have an HD800 with only a SE cable, which SE output would yield the best results?

Jun 7, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #625 of 751
Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I just placed the order, I should have it in my possession in 2-3 days.
Can't wait!

Quick question, I have an HD800 with only a SE cable, which SE output would yield the best results?

Unfortunately, SE didn't bring out the best of my HD800.. just tested my HD800 via SE for the very first time but I will stay with Balanced... balanced definitely opens up the sound not day and night but is definitely noticeable... Balanced more than triple of power compared to SE, 2200mW vs 7000mW in low current mode...

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #626 of 751
Hi everyone, I just received my amp an hour ago and I was really enjoying the sound. But, I started to get a lot of static, cracks and pops in the left channel. It stays constant even when the volume knob is at the lowest position. I can hear it on all three outputs.
It actually comes and goes in cycles.. has anyone else experienced this?
I guess my amp is faulty?? :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #627 of 751
That's very disappointing indeed. My amp is absolutely silent and yours should be too.
I cannot guess what might have caused this but if your amp is brand new perhaps let it play for some hours.
With luck it may settle down.

Obviously check all inputs and sources as well.

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #630 of 751
Yes, indeed. Check all cables and even swap right cables to left and if it persists on the same channel then it's probably the amp. If it is the amp can you easily return it to the dealer?
That's very disappointing indeed. My amp is absolutely silent and yours should be too.
I cannot guess what might have caused this but if your amp is brand new perhaps let it play for some hours.
With luck it may settle down.

Obviously check all inputs and sources as well.
The static is actually quite loud so I don't want to risk damaging my headphones (HE1000v2 and HD800). It's happening even when no music is playing.
I've raised a return request.
It was also the last piece that the dealer had with him, so I'll probably have to get some other amp now. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back