Cayin HA-6A Class A KT88/EL34 Tube Headphone Amplifier
May 1, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #721 of 1,943
I'd ask Cayin directly since the 22de4 are no longer prodiced and only available as NOS
Good, let us know, please.
Only one source was available from Brazil on EBay. Sylvania 22DE4. But can not be shipped to New Zealand.

May 2, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #722 of 1,943
hi gentlemen,
what resource of 22de4 tube? I'm curious because it's just few tubes on eBay and what if tube has just 1 000 hours life?...
Just have bought the last 12 NOS Sylvania 22DE4 on Ebay from Brazil.

May 2, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #723 of 1,943
Ah too bad you didn't like them... seems to me like a faulty unit !

I use the utopia on my ha 6a with 1/4 cable and they sound great. With plenty of bass.
I also have a hifiman arya. And to my personal experience. The utopia sound more full bodied than the aryas !
Bass is even stronger. More impactful and very precise. Maybe a bit less extension below.
Treble is more refined. Midrange is less pronounced. Imaging and separation is on par with the arya.
Soundstage is taller and wider with the hifiman. Focals are more intimate. But stage is deeper.
Also the sound is more dynamic or punchier !
I have yet to try the new clear mg . Wich is to me the most sexy looking headphone !

Would love also to try the abyss 1266 and the high end kennerton's.

Nowadays I am rocking 12bh7 as input and 6l6gc for power. And this combination is very silent.

I think we all hear differently, and we all post our impressions here , wich are very personal !
Always listen for yourself when you can :)
May be you are right. It was a refurbished unit with already replaced new drivers from Focal. And it fails again in 2 weeks,
I always want the Utopia. may be it is a bad luck.
But from another hand, I am fully in love with new Focal closed back Radiance and Celestee.
Looking to try Focal Stellia instead of Utopia.

Regards,
Kim

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #724 of 1,943
kt77 is amazing tube with plenty of lows and lush mids...I started use 12au7 by tung-sol and it has warm, full body character! Nice combo...
6550 is too "dry" for me, but it's also very very good tube with most powerful bass from all tube I have at the moment!
Will listen kt77 and 6l6gc more to get absolute winner..
p.s. funny thing..I asked seller for any other tubes but not kt77...he said try it, it's very interesting tube...he got me and I decided to get pair instead change =)

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #725 of 1,943
kt77 is amazing tube with plenty of lows and lush mids...I started use 12au7 by tung-sol and it has warm, full body character! Nice combo...
6550 is too "dry" for me, but it's also very very good tube with most powerful bass from all tube I have at the moment!
Will listen kt77 and 6l6gc more to get absolute winner..
p.s. funny thing..I asked seller for any other tubes but not kt77...he said try it, it's very interesting tube...he got me and I decided to get pair instead change =)
Are those the gold lions kt77 ?
If yes they are very nice tubes indeed !
The kt77 is stated by a french tube expert called francis ibre, as the pinnacle of the el34 tube evolution !

I may try those in the future , now I am focusing on other aspects of my audio chain, especially on cleaning the usb from my computer, and experimenting with streamer devices.

enjoy the tubes !

May 4, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #726 of 1,943
So, it finally happened. Cayin Ha-6a ordered. Should be with me either end of the week or Monday. Was an offer I tried but failed to refuse ...

May 4, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #727 of 1,943
Are those the gold lions kt77 ?
If yes they are very nice tubes indeed !
The kt77 is stated by a french tube expert called francis ibre, as the pinnacle of the el34 tube evolution !

I may try those in the future , now I am focusing on other aspects of my audio chain, especially on cleaning the usb from my computer, and experimenting with streamer devices.

enjoy the tubes !
Thank you brother!
Yes, kt77 gold lions! These are winner of competition for el34 replacement for sure! 6L6gc is very good but kt77 more rich in harmonix..
so should I try more options from the manual like kt100, kt90, el37, 6ca7, 5881 and kt66?

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #728 of 1,943
Thank you brother!
Yes, kt77 gold lions! These are winner of competition for el34 replacement for sure! 6L6gc is very good but kt77 more rich in harmonix..
so should I try more options from the manual like kt100, kt90, el37, 6ca7, 5881 and kt66?
Cayin told me that they don't recommend kt100 ein though its in the Manual.
Imo just roĺl more KT88 :wink:

May 4, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #729 of 1,943
So, it finally happened. Cayin Ha-6a ordered. Should be with me either end of the week or Monday. Was an offer I tried but failed to refuse ...
Lemme guess, a used deal from Auditorium for ~2050?

May 4, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #731 of 1,943
May 5, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #733 of 1,943
Oh, great! What’s your favorite?
I have KT88: GEC, Genalex Golden Lion (made in England), Svetlana, Psvan MK-II and original Genalex (made in Russia).
GEC and Genalex (England made) are sound very reach, but the price is very painful.
Actually the original Genalex (made in Russia) are very good for their price.
I think, I will buy 5-7 pairs more of Genalex (Russia) for spares and will stick with them.
Also have ordered JJ Electronic KT88. But be careful with Chinese Replica one.
The original JJ Electronic KT88 made on old Tesla equipment and have more round bottle shape.
When the KT88 JJ Chinese replica have shorter and squared bottle shape and looks like Shuguang or Psvane KT88 tubes.
Regards, Kim

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #734 of 1,943
Lemme guess, a used deal from Auditorium for ~2050?
you're good. But not that good :relaxed:, I managed to make the 1st digit a "1"! However - the experience of trying to get any information, feedback etc. from them is just a nightmare or not worth investing the time. On the other hand - the pure "mechanical" online process is just fine. What I'm trying to say is - I have no idea (condition, tubes, hiss, etc etc) what will show up here in a couple of days ...

May 5, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #735 of 1,943
you're good. But not that good :relaxed:, I managed to make the 1st digit a "1"! However - the experience of trying to get any information, feedback etc. from them is just a nightmare or not worth investing the time. On the other hand - the pure "mechanical" online process is just fine. What I'm trying to say is - I have no idea (condition, tubes, hiss, etc etc) what will show up here in a couple of days ...
If it is the one from Auditorium, chances are high that you receive my unit which is pretty much indistinguishable from a new one.
However the stock 12au7 in the right slot is noisy and you can hear a slight hiss on the right channel. This can be easily solved by rolling tubes.
Just in case it is my old one.

My experience with them Was purely on the phone and worked very well and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back