Cayin HA-3A, a Compact 6V6s Transformer-coupled Tube Amplifier
Aug 24, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #93 of 2,203
It's a bit funky on my system when the browser is set to default 100% zoom. Lowering it to 90% fixed most of the issues. I'm using Chrome. Here's an example.

Screenshot 2022-08-23 223632.jpg
I have the same issues on my machine using Brave and Librewolf (FTR my screen is set at 150% scaling, 2560x1600)

Aug 24, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #95 of 2,203
The HA-3A product page is online, this should provide complete product information to potential users. Impression and in-depth technical review will need to wait till Headfonica publishes its full HA-3A review.

HA-3A Launch Poster.jpg
It’s a sexy looking amp for sure. If it sounds as good as it looks, I expect it will be a very popular amp.

Aug 24, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #96 of 2,203
Interesting. I use a 42" LG C2 as a monitor so I have some monitor scaling turned on as well at 115%.
I live a portable lifestyle, so my laptop screen is only 16" (16:10 FTW!) and anything less than 150% scaling is headache inducing - although the HA-3A looks awesome at any scale.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #97 of 2,203
Hi

1) Why is the power output of 4-pin XLR and 4.4mm not the same? Are both not from the balanced output transformers?

2) From the output power standpoint, is it as powerful as C9? I’m deciding between this one and C9 for my LCD-5 Focal Clear.

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #98 of 2,203
Hi

1) Why is the power output of 4-pin XLR and 4.4mm not the same? Are both not from the balanced output transformers?

2) From the output power standpoint, is it as powerful as C9? I’m deciding between this one and C9 for my LCD-5 Focal Clear.
I can't speak to 2, but for 1 Andy mentions on the previous page that they made the 4.4mm output to accommodate a wider range of headphones but will offer the same performance as the XLR. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...with-a4-footprint.963983/page-6#post-17098182

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #99 of 2,203
Headfonia publishes a very detailed review on HA-3A, check it out HERE.

Lieven tested the HA-3A with a long list of planar and dynamic headphones: Meze Audio ELITE, Sennheiser HD800S, Beyerdynamic DT1990PRO, Hifiman Arya Stealth, and Audeze LCD-2 Classic. He summarized his testing by saying that "I have been listening to the HA-3A with many more headphones, and in general it’s easy to get good synergy with the Cayin amp. Cayin clearly states that the HA-3A is not built to drive the most demanding headphone but with most of the normal to drive headphones in my office, the HA-3A had no issues at all." He also tried Susvara and HEDDphone with HA-3A to explore the limitation of the amplifier.

He concludes his review with the following statement:
But the Cayin HA-3A isn’t just about the looks, it also is big in performance, even with the stock set of tubes and the lower output power. The HA-3A at this price point sounds very impressive and it far surpassed my expectations. I have quite the number of tube amps in my office, but the HA-3A really stands its ground compared to much more expensive amps.

Please check out Headfonia 4-page review to find out how Lieven come to this conclusion with Cayin HA-3A. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 31, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #103 of 2,203
The Cayin HA-3A looks intriguing!!……however, like the Cayin HA-300B MK II, what is it with these 22DE4 rectifier tubes?!

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #104 of 2,203
Regarding the availability of HA-3A.

We are ramping up our production capability for HA-3A gradually, but as with all hand-assembled audio products, the initial production quantity is limited. We shipped out the first production batch last week, ZMF in US and our Germany distributor should receive their HA-3A amplifier very soon, if not already. We shall accommodate more dealers/distributors when we roll out the second and third batches of HA-3A later this month.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back