Cayin HA-3A, a Compact 6V6s Transformer-coupled Tube Amplifier
Jul 21, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #31 of 2,210
Is there already more detailed information about the output power,
and the impedance matching?

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #32 of 2,210
thanks Andy for detailing, with the mid-range AMP I think the most important point is the price, which will determine whether it's worth buy it or skip him and jump for his big brothers or save money for the little brother.

IMO, with the mid-range AMP, the most important point is to know what you need and don't be greedy. The difference between a high-end and a mid-range amplifier is very significant in extreme conditions, but the difference will narrow down when you operate the amplifier with "regular" loading. So if you don't have headphones with a very difficult load, such as Susvara, HE6se, HEDDphone, ... etc, please be realistic and focus on paring with what you currently have. Once you factor extreme needs in distance future, you'll always head to headend instead of mid-range.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 21, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #33 of 2,210
Is there already more detailed information about the output power,
and the impedance matching?
Nope, we are still quite some time away from announcing full detail, we need to complete the first mass production batch before we have enough samples to measure the actual performance across multiple samples.

Last edited:

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #34 of 2,210
Nope, we are still quite some time away from announcing full detail, we need to complete the first mass production batch before we have enough samples to measure the actual performance across multiple samples.

For me it will be up to how much I will end up paying in the EU compared to other regions.. if it's going to be a 50% price increase like with other cayin amps I will most like have to pass.

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #35 of 2,210
For me it will be up to how much I will end up paying in the EU compared to other regions.. if it's going to be a 50% price increase like with other cayin amps I will most like have to pass.
Yeah Cayin distributors in europe are quite predatory.

I love the sound and build of Cayin amps, but you always feel like getting ripped off when purchasing over official channels. (At least in germany)

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #36 of 2,210
Yeah Cayin distributors in europe are quite predatory.

I love the sound and build of Cayin amps, but you always feel like getting ripped off when purchasing over official channels. (At least in germany)
Yeah with that price increase it gets so pricy you might just as well spend a bit more and get something from McIntosh, primaluna ..

I was actually shocked when I saw the HA-6A mentioned in reviews for 2500 USD and when I looked it up at retailers it was 3300-3500€

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #37 of 2,210
Yeah with that price increase it gets so pricy you might just as well spend a bit more and get something from McIntosh, primaluna ..

I was actually shocked when I saw the HA-6A mentioned in reviews for 2500 USD and when I saw it at retailers it was 3300-3500€
Yeah, if you then consider exchange Rates we had back then it was like 2500$ in the US and 4000$ over here.

On top if you don't buy it from the distributor in your country your warranty is void.

I.e. you can buy the HA-6A for 2500€ in france, but then you have no warranty at all in germany.

However I wouldn't say that something from McIntosh or PrimaLuna is superior, just a different flavor.
McIntosh has just as predatory price politics.

The MHA200 costs 2400$ and over here 3450€... Same Story for warranty as well (if you even find a dealer exporting, since McIntosh prohibits doing that)

Jul 21, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #38 of 2,210
Yeah, if you then consider exchange Rates we had back then it was like 2500$ in the US and 4000$ over here.

On top if you don't buy it from the distributor in your country your warranty is void.

I.e. you can buy the HA-6A for 2500€ in france, but then you have no warranty at all in germany.

However I wouldn't say that something from McIntosh or PrimaLuna is superior, just a different flavor.
McIntosh has just as predatory price politics.

The MHA200 costs 2400$ and over here 3450€... Same Story for warranty as well (if you even find a dealer exporting, since McIntosh prohibits doing that)
Thanks. Had no idea that prices in France are that much better.

Jul 22, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #39 of 2,210
Incredible.
EU neighboring country. 1000€ cheaper.
I call that outrageous!
Then I already know where I would buy the 3A.
Loss of warranty does not matter to me.

Jul 22, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #40 of 2,210
The light color must definitely be changed to warm (orange), as with the 6A.
A cold blue is completely inappropriate.

Screenshot_20220722-074726_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jul 26, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #41 of 2,210
I would like to focus on low impedance headphones and IEMs with black background.

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #43 of 2,210
HA-3A with dynamic headphones.jpg

We have been very busy testing the HA-3A, trying to optimize the amplifier the best we could before we roll out the amplifier officially. We want to cover as many dynamic headphones, planar headphones, and IEM as possible. These are the dynamic headphones that I have tested with HA-3A at my home setup.

I am working on the English webpage tonight, hopefully, we'll have everything ready and provide detailed product information and specifications next week.

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #44 of 2,210
HA-3A with dynamic headphones.jpg

We have been very busy testing the HA-3A, trying to optimize the amplifier the best we could before we roll out the amplifier officially. We want to cover as many dynamic headphones, planar headphones, and IEM as possible. These are the dynamic headphones that I have tested with HA-3A at my home setup.

I am working on the English webpage tonight, hopefully, we'll have everything ready and provide detailed product information and specifications next week.
Looking forward to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back