Cayin HA-3A, a Compact 6V6s Transformer-coupled Tube Amplifier
Apr 15, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #2,056 of 2,099
Nope, the dealer should always be the first contact point when user run into trouble. Even when the user manage to solve the problem later, they should aware of the issue and the hardship that there customer are dealing with, that's part of their duty.

IMHO, after you post your problem or question on the form, please copy and paste the message to your dealer and get them involved ASAP.
Unfortunately dealer rarely even knows what he’s selling. Community of users knows much more.
In theory you’re right, of course.

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #2,057 of 2,099
Nope, the dealer should always be the first contact point when user run into trouble. Even when the user manage to solve the problem later, they should aware of the issue and the hardship that there customer are dealing with, that's part of their duty.

IMHO, after you post your problem or question on the form, please copy and paste the message to your dealer and get them involved ASAP.

Unfortunately dealer rarely even knows what he’s selling. Community of users knows much more.
I appreciate everyone’s help & input on here. Will let you know how things progress. Just out of interest has anyone had experience with the Pathos Aurium, got a chance to pick up a used one which could serve as an alternative whilst my Cayin is being repaired

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #2,058 of 2,099
It really depends on the dealer. Some of them are just half-clueless salesmen while others operate a proper little repair workshop.

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #2,059 of 2,099
I appreciate everyone’s help & input on here. Will let you know how things progress. Just out of interest has anyone had experience with the Pathos Aurium, got a chance to pick up a used one which could serve as an alternative whilst my Cayin is being repaired
I read about Aurium recently in HA-300 thread, it seems to be decent for not too hard to drive headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #2,061 of 2,099
Hello guys, I have observed my cayin ha-3a sockets bend down a little when I try to plug in a new tube. Specially the 6v6. Also seen the 12au7 pins are not very right.
Any recommendations?

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #2,063 of 2,099
Sockets (or probably more the plate they attach to) may flex a bit but if you gently rock the tubes a bit when putting them in or taking them out all should be good.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #2,065 of 2,099
I will try to tighten the screws. But it seemed more like the board flex.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #2,066 of 2,099
The volume is pretty sensitive on all the headphones I use. I was thinking of using the jotunheim 2 I have as a preamp to attenuate the input volume. Would this negatively affect the sound?

I use XLR in

Do you have any way to use software EQ to apply a negative preamp? I use EqualizerAPO and it works flawlessly on my PC. No detectable degradation in sound. In fact, from my experience it improved the overall quality as I was able to dial in the optimal volume that sits right below the threshold of being too harsh sounding, while improving the dynamics.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #2,068 of 2,099
It really depends on the dealer. Some of them are just half-clueless salesmen while others operate a proper little repair workshop.
I am very glad to report that my dealer has now agreed to supply a brand new amp. I have had to pay an additional fee on the original demo price but this is ok with me if it means getting a brand new one. Still not sure if I will stay with tube long term yet, although I have found a local service engineer who works with tube amps, this is reassuring if I were to need out of warranty repairs.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #2,069 of 2,099
Well, you should push really hard to flex anything made of that thick steel:)
Well I don't know what really flex, but the tube socket moves down a bit. And I am afraid of pushing and breaking it. On my echo, the sockets are really steady and robusts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back