Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Apr 8, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #6,001 of 6,298
no reason to attack people for asking questions..it isnt so easy to find answers on here and it seems to me we should all be happy to give a hand to anyone who is pleasant

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #6,002 of 6,298
Are their any cv6 style tubes with where the grid and plate connectors are reversed? I feel like I saw that mentioned somewhere. I got a quad of these and they seem to be dead: 'Vintage Rare USSR Soviet Russian Tubes 6S8S/CV6/6J5/2C22 Svetlana NOS 2pcs 1975'. Edit: Also they only have 5 pins if that matters

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #6,003 of 6,298
no reason to attack people for asking questions..it isnt so easy to find answers on here and it seems to me we should all be happy to give a hand to anyone who is pleasant
I apologize if my thoughts are taken as an attack. I began my post by stating the word first, "respectfully".

I'm merely suggesting that one takes time to educate oneself with the posts of the past.

Again my apologies if I came across as attacking.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #6,004 of 6,298
Im liking the cossor (clone) WE 300b so far. I think im getting a bigger stage, more clarity, a bit more bass slam. I think the gap between crack and my amp is definitely growing. Now when I go back to crack im just not satisfied.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #6,005 of 6,298
Respectfully. You ask alot of questions that have been answered many times by owners in the past. You state that that thread is long and you rely on the graces of those of us that are active to answer questions as you need them to be answered.

You may consider reading up on the wealth of information that is available in the back pages of the thread.

Sorry I'll shut up.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #6,006 of 6,298
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #6,007 of 6,298
Sorry I'll shut up.
Personally, I say ask as many questions as you need to. I know I asked quite a few since I was not only new to 300B amps, but I was also new to tubes. Once a thread reaches this size the search function is not the most helpful and wading through it not very fun.

I am nuts and went all in on my first tube amp purchase with the 300MKII and I always appreciated everyone answering my questions.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #6,008 of 6,298
Im liking the cossor (clone) WE 300b so far. I think im getting a bigger stage, more clarity, a bit more bass slam. I think the gap between crack and my amp is definitely growing. Now when I go back to crack im just not satisfied.
Now your getting it! And the Cossor clone 300B isn't exactly a high grade replacement 300B, not even close, it's actually meant to be only for Psvanes domestic market, it's not sold by any of there international distributors.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #6,009 of 6,298
It took forever but they finally arrived. Say hello to the Russian version of the CV6 aka. the 6C8C. :grin:

These have grey welded plates and look like very well made tubes. Seeing as these are Russian made and for the military, I can't wait to find out if they have any similarities to the Melz 1578. More to come and fingers crossed they aren't noisy. . .
These are the ones I got (although mine say 'OTK 3' instead of 'OTH 10', I was able to get sound from one of my channels. I think two of the tubes I got are unfortunately just dead. They do not light up and are cold :[.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #6,011 of 6,298
Thanks for all the support guys. You guys are awesome.

Just updated impressions (not asking anything for my colleague that got upset):
I am really enjoying the cayin sound. I find its extremely liquid and flowing. The staging is large with great pin point placement in a 3d stage. No fatigue or glare at all.. I can just relax into the soundscape.

Now when I go back to modded crack (Ho Lee *** mod - bradley allen resistors, muse ES caps [but no vintage siemens caps]) I find the stage is much smaller and the sound more intimate. I really like that intimate sound with female vocals as it connects me to the emotion of the singer more but I also notice the crack has a bit more glare and strain to the sound.. when I switch back to the cayin with the Cossor clone tubes that is completely gone and instead theres a beautiful flowing sound. I lose some of that intimacy and vocal fullness but i gain a more detailed bigger, more detailed and very beautiful sound.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #6,012 of 6,298
These are the ones I got (although mine say 'OTK 3' instead of 'OTH 10', I was able to get sound from one of my channels. I think two of the tubes I got are unfortunately just dead. They do not light up and are cold :[.
OTK was a military grade. So the filament is working. I could go a continuity check on it.

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #6,015 of 6,298
Also is gold lion decent in its own right?
Most who post on this thread don't seem to think so. Personally though, I'm finding the Gold Lions paired with RCA 5692s to be a great pairing for my DS Tungstens after the Elrogs passed away. I'll probably still pick up a new pair of EMLs or WEs at some point but currently I'm not feeling like its a noticeable downgrade, which wasn't my view originally using different headphones.

Wished I could A/B them to make sure but seems like there may actually be more sub bass with the Gold Lions, which was my one issue using the ultra perforated pads on the Tungstens. Regardless, the Cayin HA-300MKII does seem to be a particularly good pairing for Tungstens with its higher voltage and greater wattage at higher impedances while the low sensitivity of those headphones provides a dark background with no noise or microphonics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back