Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
May 5, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #961 of 6,249
Hey Cayin HA300 lovers

Try to get few 22DE4 tubes as spare. But can not find them as quad sell or bigger stock for sell available.
Any links will be very helpful.

Regards,
Kim
For reference, I reached out Musictek, where I got the amp in the U.S., and they ordered me a quad from Cayin for $112 USD.

May 5, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #962 of 6,249
May 5, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #963 of 6,249
Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #964 of 6,249
@Andykong I have a HUGE problem with my Cayin HA-300! It's been working just fine with the Psvane ACME 300b + NOS pair of Sylvania 6sn7w metal base for the last year or so, but today. I had nothing from the right channel, then all of a sudden I have a loud clicking sound even with the volume all the way down. What's worse, I see a flash of white light emitting from under the right ACME 300b.

I swapped those with the stock TJ Full music tubes, and that at least fixes it, BUT now the right channel is about -20-25dB lower than the left channel per the VU meter, even on a simple sine test. I've swapped the two 300bs around, as well as the 6sn7w tubes and the rectifier tubes around, and the VU meters are still showing -20 to 25 dB less on the right channel. What can I do here? I bought the Cayin HA-300 on February 14th, 2020 from Musicteck.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #965 of 6,249
@Andykong I have a HUGE problem with my Cayin HA-300! It's been working just fine with the Psvane ACME 300b + NOS pair of Sylvania 6sn7w metal base for the last year or so, but today. I had nothing from the right channel, then all of a sudden I have a loud clicking sound even with the volume all the way down. What's worse, I see a flash of white light emitting from under the right ACME 300b.

I swapped those with the stock TJ Full music tubes, and that at least fixes it, BUT now the right channel is about -20-25dB lower than the left channel per the VU meter, even on a simple sine test. I've swapped the two 300bs around, as well as the 6sn7w tubes and the rectifier tubes around, and the VU meters are still showing -20 to 25 dB less on the right channel. What can I do here? I bought the Cayin HA-300 on February 14th, 2020 from Musicteck.
Pleaae contact MusicTeck immediately, you probably need to send the amp to their technicia for inspection. Your tests eliminated tube prolems already, so unless I falsify your test (whch doesn't make sense until we cnconduct the test ourselves), we need to examine the amplifier before we can diagnosis the prolem properly.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 8, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #966 of 6,249
For reference, I reached out Musictek, where I got the amp in the U.S., and they ordered me a quad from Cayin for $112 USD.
The 22DE4 are low cost vacuum tubes,but it cost a lot to send them to US, with double box and extra foam. Try to puchase locally if you could.

22DE4 as rectifier tube has very long expected life span, they can easily last 3-5 years of regular use. You don't need to have matched pair or quad set with 22DE4. They are mean to isolate the power supply from each other, so each tube is working independently, and they will age at different pace. You can swap out one tube only instead of changing two or four tubes at the same time.

May 9, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #967 of 6,249
Pleaae contact MusicTeck immediately, you probably need to send the amp to their technicia for inspection. Your tests eliminated tube prolems already, so unless I falsify your test (whch doesn't make sense until we cnconduct the test ourselves), we need to examine the amplifier before we can diagnosis the prolem properly.

Yeah, I've been in contact with them, and they said I can either ship it back to them at my cost, as well as pay for repair, or I can try a local repair in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I'm literally 3 months past the 1-year warranty, which is really awful. Now I have to pay for the expense and shipping, and buy a new set of ACME 300bs, which I also bought 1 year and 2 months ago.

For such a high-priced purchase, I'm really not happy that both has failed me in just a little over a year. It's like buying a car with 36,000 mile warranty and having it break down at 40,000 miles.

May 9, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #968 of 6,249
Yeah, I've been in contact with them, and they said I can either ship it back to them at my cost, as well as pay for repair, or I can try a local repair in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I'm literally 3 months past the 1-year warranty, which is really awful. Now I have to pay for the expense and shipping, and buy a new set of ACME 300bs, which I also bought 1 year and 2 months ago.

For such a high-priced purchase, I'm really not happy that both has failed me in just a little over a year. It's like buying a car with 36,000 mile warranty and having it break down at 40,000 miles.
I don’t blame you for being upset. This stinks.

May 9, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #969 of 6,249
Musictek said I could try a local repair shop, too, since it's out of warranty. I have found a reputable local repair in Los Angeles, but they absolutely need the schematics. Can you send me via msg or email that schematics as soon as possible?

I really don't want to have to ship it from Los Angeles to New York if I don't have too.

May 9, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #970 of 6,249
Musictek said I could try a local repair shop, too, since it's out of warranty. I have found a reputable local repair in Los Angeles, but they absolutely need the schematics. Can you send me via msg or email that schematics as soon as possible?

I really don't want to have to ship it from Los Angeles to New York if I don't have too.

Sorry, we can't provide a schematic to customer or unauthorized technician, that is an important trade secret to our brand. Really sorry about that.

May 9, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #971 of 6,249
Sorry, we can't provide a schematic to customer or unauthorized technician, that is an important trade secret to our brand. Really sorry about that.
Well why can't you get a technician certified in the West Coast then? The United States is huge and shipping across the country for such a large amp is very expensive!

May 9, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #972 of 6,249
Do you have an authorized technician in Los Angeles? If not, why not?

May 9, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #973 of 6,249
Do you have an authorized technician in Los Angeles? If not, why not?

You have no idea about the authorisation process and the risk involved in this exercise. We got burned badly way back when we trusted the wrong person. The damages ranged from copycat to inappropriate comment to our products.

Your request and question is unfair and unreasonable. Please go through the proper repair and service channel, there is nothing I can help regarding your case from this point forward.

Last edited:

May 9, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #974 of 6,249
OK, do you know if Kevin Bourke from Tube Tek (or Anthony's Electronic Service) out of Illinois is a Cayin authorized tech? He said he is and it's cheaper to ship to Chicago to fix.

May 9, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #975 of 6,249
For the record, Cayin has two authorized distributor/dealer for Personal Audio products in US (HERE):

RSM Communications Inc.
Michael Brown
250 South Ronald Reagan Blvd Ste 108 Longwood, FL 32750
800-506-0628

Musicteck
Address:15 Jefferson Ave Tenafly, NJ 07670
Phone: 917-576-4365 +1-9175764365

Users who are viewing this thread

Back