Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #3,691 of 6,561
Has anyone purchased 300Bs off of Ebay from sellers in China. The seller has 98.9 rating and only 4 negatives in the last year, 3 of them from the same buyer who seemed kinda like an ahole buyer who posted the same complaint 3 times just to screw with the sellers rating.

The seller is $300 cheaper for the PSVane ACME than sellers here in the states.

Jun 16, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #3,692 of 6,561
Has anyone purchased 300Bs off of Ebay from sellers in China. The seller has 98.9 rating and only 4 negatives in the last year, 3 of them from the same buyer who seemed kinda like an ahole buyer who posted the same complaint 3 times just to screw with the sellers rating.

The seller is $300 cheaper for the PSVane ACME than sellers here in the states.
You can probably get the best prices just ordering off Ali Express. Just takes a while to ship.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #3,693 of 6,561
I have a weird pair of Shuguang 6SN7 that are super noisy on Envy, once they are fully warmed up. They sound amazing between 10 and 20 minutes. Not related to driver tube choice. No other tubes do this. Almost always completely silent background on low and mid settings. These sound like a hornet’s nest.IMG_9277.jpeg

Trying them now for the first time in a while. No buzz so far, but WE300b are not the correct driver for these tubes. All midrange. Nothing else.

On further consideration, though both tubes are lit, I only have sound in the left channel. Not the cable or the headphone. Will cool down and swap the tubes.
Are these the famous "haunted" tubes that are dead silent in my system? Because that really is weird...

Jun 16, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #3,694 of 6,561
Anyone looking for a fuse upgrade for their HA300mk2 US version? Take a look in the classifieds, as I have an Audio Magic M1 priced to sell, and this fuse super charges the amp, and takes it to another level of clarity and dynamics.

I have an upgraded the SR Master fuse, and that's the only reason I am selling the M1. Fuses are a quick and easy way to get some great gains in performance, and I always try to upgrade them if possible.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #3,696 of 6,561
I'm not too worried about it, I'm very open too different sound signatures. It's the main reason for buying a tube amp (and tube rolling) to go along with my Bliss solid state.

Even if I really don't like the sound signature they should be easy to sell and I can move on too WE or Tatsuki.

In the meantime I will probably buy the PSVane ACME or the Linlai to have some fun with while I wait.
Saw these on classifieds:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds...-glass-classic-300b-tubes-matched-pair.49259/

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #3,697 of 6,561
Jun 17, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #3,698 of 6,561
Yeah, I saw those. I'm thinking about them, but I've focusing on those PSVane ACMEs because of their focus on the midrange that I have read about. I think it would make for an interesting sound.
Yeah I haven’t tried them. I went from the Gold Lion to Elrogs. I liked the Gold Lions too. They aren’t bad at all.

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #3,700 of 6,561
@Andykong will the ha-300 be moving away from 22de4?
I would imagine yes. There used to be an adequate reserve of the NOS of the tube but for so many years, no one used them and 1000s ended up in the land fill. I have a friend who had many 100s and they are all gone, bought by companies in China for products like this tube amp. You could get them for around 50 cents each. I know of some large stocks but they aren't going to sell them. This rectifier lasts a long time and with a couple of sets, you are good for a long time.

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #3,701 of 6,561
I would imagine yes. There used to be an adequate reserve of the NOS of the tube but for so many years, no one used them and 1000s ended up in the land fill. I have a friend who had many 100s and they are all gone, bought by companies in China for products like this tube amp. You could get them for around 50 cents each. I know of some large stocks but they aren't going to sell them. This rectifier lasts a long time and with a couple of sets, you are good for a long time.
do you know on average how many hours the 22de4 lasts?

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #3,702 of 6,561
do you know on average how many hours the 22de4 lasts?
It is all in the application. I haven't measured what the voltage is that is placed on the tubes. Also the amount of capacitance they first see on start up. There are parameters in the spec sheet for the tube. Keeping the 1st capacitor smaller and then a resistor then larger storage, puts less stress on rectifier tubes. I think I have read that the 22DE4 is good for 10,000 hours. I know that it is highly regarded rectifier tube by some. It was used in TVs and many devices back when tube were a common item in household products. A nice way to preserve any rectifier tube is to use a ultra high speed solid state rectifier before the tube. The tube still has the voltage drop that the circuit was designed for and you get the flavor of the tube but it doesn't take the brunt of the rectification and further smooth the AC.

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #3,703 of 6,561
@Andykong will the ha-300 be moving away from 22de4?
I purchased some sets off of EBay for a reasonable price to tube role, and to have some spares just in case.

I also found Surplus Sales of Nebraska that sells 22DE4s for $5 a pop.
https://www.surplussales.com/cgi-bi...=/Tubes-Sock-Acc/7-99/TubesListed_7-99_4.html

I have not purchased any from them since I found some Sylvania in the classifieds, GEs, plus still have the RCAs that came with the amp so I am set for some time.

Jun 17, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #3,704 of 6,561
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 17, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #3,705 of 6,561
I purchased some sets off of EBay for a reasonable price to tube role, and to have some spares just in case.

I also found Surplus Sales of Nebraska that sells 22DE4s for $5 a pop.
https://www.surplussales.com/cgi-bi...=/Tubes-Sock-Acc/7-99/TubesListed_7-99_4.html

I have not purchased any from them since I found some Sylvania in the classifieds, GEs, plus still have the RCAs that came with the amp so I am set for some time.
Try some Japanese black plates of 22DE4. You may like them for the improved dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back