Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #3,631 of 6,389
We have HA-300MK2 silver in stock, ready to ship when we receive the payment as per the terms on the dealer project. We only have one black HA-300MK2 in our inventory, reserves by our Germany dealer and we'll ship that out soon. New order for black HA-300mk2 will have to wait till next production batch.

We'll provide estimated date of next production batch to our dealers, and keep them informed if we change our production schedule after they place their order. Unfortunately change of schedule happens more frequently than we anticipated, mainly because of delays in delivery of parts and components. We are not surprised that dealers are reluctant to disclose the dates to their customers because not everyone can understand or accept the reasons behind delays in production schedule.
So chances are this black one is for me 🤞🤞🤞

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #3,634 of 6,389
Wonder if that silver ready to ship when payment is received will be for me :thinking:
I have a black one but wish I had gotten a silver. Nice looking. But they are both good.

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #3,635 of 6,389
Hi guys, a bit of an off hand question, but I would really appreciate some advice.

I ordered a HA300MK2 from a shop in Germany through eBay. Managed to get a really good price on it. I paid for it exactly one month ago.

The problem is that the guy can't tell me when I can expect it ... at all. A week, a month, a year ... to be fair he is responsive, but the answer is "it is ordered and you just have to wait" ...

This makes me a bit uneasy to be honset, especially after a month.

Does anyone have any experience with similar situations? Is this normal for Cayin not to be able to provide any timeframes to their dealers?

Any advice would be much appreciated 🙏
Yeah if they are drop shipping it from China + shipping from Germany to US that thing is just gonna travel for a while. It is a big heavy box. It'll arrive covered in cool customs stickers though.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #3,636 of 6,389
So chances are this black one is for me 🤞🤞🤞
Sorry, there is no way we can find out. We have no idea between the deal of local reseller and our distributor/dealer.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #3,637 of 6,389
Sorry, there is no way we can find out. We have no idea between the deal of local reseller and our distributor/dealer.
No worries, at least one can hope :)

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #3,638 of 6,389
Let's talk upgraded cables: What cables are you all running into your HA-300 mkI/mkII?

Currently I am running the Morrow Audio MAP3 power cable from my PS Audio Power Plant 3 (which has the Audioquest Thunder power cable), and I'm thinking about upgrading that Morrow Audio power cable to something better and can also complement our 300b tubes. I'm listening on the Audeze LCD-3 headphones. What do you recommend that I should get?

Also, until June 12th, I can upgrade from my Morrow Audio MAP3 to their Elite Power Cord that has silver-coated copper stranded wires terminating to Furutech FI-50 rhodium plugs, and get 65% off with the trade. That takes the price of the cable from $1,999 to $699.95: Morrow Audio Elite Power Cord

1686210460545.png

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #3,639 of 6,389
Let's talk upgraded cables: What cables are you all running into your HA-300 mkI/mkII?

Currently I am running the Morrow Audio MAP3 power cable from my PS Audio Power Plant 3 (which has the Audioquest Thunder power cable), and I'm thinking about upgrading that Morrow Audio power cable to something better and can also complement our 300b tubes. I'm listening on the Audeze LCD-3 headphones. What do you recommend that I should get?

Also, until June 12th, I can upgrade from my Morrow Audio MAP3 to their Elite Power Cord that has silver-coated copper stranded wires terminating to Furutech FI-50 rhodium plugs, and get 65% off with the trade. That takes the price of the cable from $1,999 to $699.95: Morrow Audio Elite Power Cord

So many choices. . .and we all have our favs.

I am running an Audio Envy "Expanded" and loving it. This cable is brand new and not even on the site yet, but is the same power cable the owner has on his own personal amp and they guy knows his stuff.

It's so hard to recommend cables as they all sound different and we all have different systems. I definitely think they make a difference and one should experiment to find the one they prefer. I am personally not a fan of silver plated copper, and prefer all copper or a silver/copper mix. I do love the Furutec connectors though. I also think all the Audioquest cables are too warm/flavored and overpriced (paying for the name), and one can definitely find better performance for less.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #3,640 of 6,389
So many choices. . .and we all have our favs.

I am running an Audio Envy "Expanded" and loving it. This cable is brand new and not even on the site yet, but is the same power cable the owner has on his own personal amp and they guy knows his stuff.

It's so hard to recommend cables as they all sound different and we all have different systems. I definitely think they make a difference and one should experiment to find the one they prefer. I am personally not a fan of silver plated copper, and prefer all copper or a silver/copper mix. I do love the Furutec connectors though. I also think all the Audioquest cables are too warm/flavored and overpriced (paying for the name), and one can definitely find better performance for less.

Ooh, what's the price on that Audio Envy Expanded, and how did you get it? Any hookups you can get for me, too? As for the Audioquest Thunder, I do think going into the Power Plant 3, it gave it a bit more oomph, as well as blacker noise floor. My system right now even going into the LCD3 is just slightly warm of neutral, but not very warm, which I do like.

I just wonder if I can get a bit more body and grip in the midbass to bass without losing the separation, speed, and soundstage that I'm currently enjoying from the HA-300 + Hugo TT2 + LCD3 chain.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #3,641 of 6,389
Ooh, what's the price on that Audio Envy Expanded, and how did you get it? Any hookups you can get for me, too? As for the Audioquest Thunder, I do think going into the Power Plant 3, it gave it a bit more oomph, as well as blacker noise floor. My system right now even going into the LCD3 is just slightly warm of neutral, but not very warm, which I do like.

I just wonder if I can get a bit more body and grip in the midbass to bass without losing the separation, speed, and soundstage that I'm currently enjoying from the HA-300 + Hugo TT2 + LCD3 chain.
I would email Audio Envy on the pricing and availability, but I paid $350 for mine. I actually ordered one of their Mega cables and the owner reached out to me and ask me where I plan to use that cable and once I told him it was for my amp, he suggested giving the new cable a try. I trust this guy's ears completely, so I did not hesitate when he offered to make me an Expanded. Audio Envy has a loyal following and when he comes up with something new, you can bet it's legit. The owners name is Captain and he is always willing to chat and he knows his stuff.

Jun 10, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #3,642 of 6,389
Perhaps try some other tubes (6SN7) to see if you get sound from them, and if you don't you might have blown a fuse?

I get sound out of my VR135 the second the power knob stops blinking.

Another thing of note, is to make sure the top caps of the adapters are seated firmly, and perhaps they were loose on the first try and that's what might have blown the fuse?
I got them working finally once I had some free time. I don't know what was wrong the first time. The Mullards sound really nice. Very spacious. I'm letting them come back to life today. Who knows in what decade they were last used. Out of the gate they have similar spaciousness as my current go-to the Linlai Elite. I think the Linlai actually has more authoritative bass and extension surprisingly. I was expecting these to blow them out of the water on low end, but I'd still give it to the Elite upon first warm up. The Mullards have a bit of a gritty sharpness in the treble today that I feel like will burn off. Tonally I like them more than most of the 6SN7s I've heard besides the Linlai. Way more spacious than most.

Jun 10, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #3,643 of 6,389

Interesting. I keep going between the Powerplant and the Puritan 136. I've read a few times that the Powerplant gives some more low end power for some people. The Puritan sounds like it wins for cleaning up electric noise problems + grounding. I'm a novice when it comes to understanding how impedance affects everything, but I think with a conditioner you can lose a little low end due to the higher impedance in the chain between the wall and the amp? The Powerpant sort of circumnavigates that by "re-generating" the AC. I think I understand it and then I go watch Audio Science Review videos on YouTube and I wonder if I'm just insane...

Jun 10, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #3,645 of 6,389
As old as many of these tubes are, the solder tends to be questionable. It has been postulated that after 25 to 30 years, solder should be reflowed. I am using some Mullards from the 1940s. I reflowed the solder and thought they ware very good, this did help to improve them. The soldered connection improves since any issue would be resolved. I also notice the noise floor is lowered.

Edit: I should have reflowed the solder on these some time back. Higher transparency, details and impact. Which is totally understandable. I use WBT silver solder and the difference is very noticeable. They would have used cheap high lead content solder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back