Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Feb 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 6,249
?
This is a speaker amp too isn't it? Judging by the output switch on the front...

Dandy!

I wanted to get into better speakers, and this might be an awesome start.

Currently rocking an Edifier S1000DB, but they really lack some deep low end on the 45Hz and lower, so I will keep close track of this for when I decide to get a good speaker setup

Yes it have outputs for speakers

Thanks, I'm new to speakers :)

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #19 of 6,249
CAYIN UNVEILS HA-300 FLAGSHIP TUBE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER AT CANJAM NYC 2018

New York City, NY, February 16, 2018 – Leading audio manufacturer Zhuhai Spark Electronic Equipment Co., Ltd., marketing their Hi-Fi products under the name of Cayin, will introduce their latest Single End Triode (S.E.T.) Class A tube amplifier, HA-300, at CanJam NYC 2018, Uris Room, New York Marriott Marquis, New York City, from 17th to 18th February 2018

0V8A5590sm.JPG

Bin Liang, CEO of Zhuhai Spark Electronic Equipment Co., Ltd., parent company of Cayin, said “This has been one of our longest and most intense projects in the last decade. We spent 450 days in R&D before the HA-300 was production ready. We underwent three major rounds of re-design and 17 rounds of optimization and refinements prototyping. The HA-300 is developed around the 300B Triode Vacuum tube, aka the Dream Tube of audiophiles and tube enthusiasts. We have selected 6SN7 to pair with 300B for a push-pull signal amplification. This is a very familiar Class A single-ended amplification design that Cayin has extensive experience with in past 20 years. Yet, we have not taken it for granted and did our very best to develop a statement headphone amplifier that we are proud off.”

Design Philosophy

The HA-300 adopts the two stages single-end Class A amplification with balanced output design. The output of the 300B power tube will feed to a pair of output transformers for single-end or balanced output. Being one of the biggest tube amplifier manufacturers in the world, Cayin designs and builds our transformers, making sure even the finest detail will be attended to. In the case of HA-300, the output transformer was specially winded to provide three set of impedance matched outputs at 8-64Ω, 65-250Ω, and 251-600Ω respectively, making it extremely versatile to match with a wide range of headphones in the market.

0V8A5587sm.JPG

We also built an outboard power supply for HA-300. On top of the in-house design, custom-build toroidal power transformer, we developed a special circuit to supply steady power independently to different gain stages. The voltage amplifier circuit will adopt an independent regulator design, and we shall deploy 4 pieces of NOS RCA 22DE4 as rectifier tubes. This power supply design will deliver the cleanest power possible with minimal interference to the line signal amplification in the main Amplifier chassis.

On top of a 6.35mm singled-ended and 4-pin XLR balanced headphone output, the HA-300 has a set of speaker outputs so it can be used as a speaker amplifier delivering up to 8wpc Class A output.

0V8A5596sm.JPG

Specification

HA300 Specification.jpg

Pricing and Availability

The new tube amplifier is planned to launch in March 2018 worldwide. The suggested retail price is US$3999.

The HA-300 will be demonstrated at CanJam NYC from the 17th to the 18th February 2018. Cayin will also display their complete line of Personal Audio products including the latest Android based Digital Audio Player N5ii and the completed i-Series three-piece desktop suit at this CanJam. Please visit us at the Uris room or contact Mr., Andy Kong to reserve a special press audition session.

About Cayin

Cayin was founded in 1993. While our products carry a distinctive cultural connotation and span over a very wide price range, we are devoted to developing the best sounding audio equipment at competitive prices.

We have developed over 400 products to date, ranging from CD players to speakers, all of which provide the same high-quality benchmark and attractive price to performance capabilities. Our tube amplifiers have been particularly well-received within the audio community because of this commitment. With a spectacular track record of over 70 local and international awards, Cayin has grown into one of the largest audio tube amplifier development and manufacturing facilities in the world.

Cayin pays attention to detail because we believe this is what it takes to reproduce music naturally. We might have a different agenda or employ different technologies for different products, but ultimately, we serve only one purpose: to move our audience with hi-fidelity.

We deliver music diligently, and we are prepared to go a long way for that.

With Cayin, your music will never be the same again.

For more information, please visit www.cayin.cn

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #24 of 6,249
Thanks for pointing out the typo mistake, the single-end output of High Impedance should be 5000mW + 5000mW, I have corrected the numbers in previous post already.

I am in LA airport right now, waiting for my transit plane back to Hong Kong, will post more photo from the CanJam event after I settle down, please stay tuned. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 21, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #27 of 6,249
I was at NYC CaJam and did not know about this amp before.

I did not know about mostmost other new amps either,
And was quite surprised of all the new tube headphone amps there...

Yet only two amps stood out to me at this event.

The first was the Viva 845 amp there(forgot name),
And then this amp.

Visually it looks better than pics, so I was expecting a price like the Viva amp.

$4k may not be cheap, but for what I saw and heard I preferred it over all the other amps at Canjam.

The amp had no problem making the Susvara sound well balanced, which is usually not the case.
Weaker amps would make the Susvara sound a bit laid back.

Very important to me is the Soundstage as well,
Because other amps therr were also powerfull, but less "large" sounding.

This Cayin just had a wonderful Soundstage.
It just sounded right.

there were other resolving tube amps I heard, Wich did all have excellent resolution,
but had other issues which to me would not make them desirable for a keeper.
Issues like a bit too:
Slightly lean
Slightly Rich
Slightly dark
Slightly lifeless
Slightly forward

I fully believe in system synergy and that they all could have been matched better or used better tubes or different bias points in their design.

Anyways this Cayin really step up the headphone amp game, handling the Abyss Phi, Diana and Susvara really well with stock tubes and I was very impressed.

Last NY CanJam I thought the woo waa33 was most impressive, but this time around I have to say this Cayin HA-300 was the jewel of the show.

What's funny is that I would never have heard just how good this amp is if not for Canjam.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #29 of 6,249
will this be my endgame. I really like my Mogwai SE
Mogwai is another incredible value, and the main difference I would say is the difference that is always said about DHT vs indirect heated tubes.

Between both amps,
Driver tube linearity is similar as they both having similar driver tubes.

It boils down to both output tube, and output transformer sound.

The 300b tube type sonic characteristics has always been a desirable one,
but the 6L6GC is also one of most desirable indirect tube types.

For you it would be incredibly difficult to decide, especially when you can perform upgrades on the Mogwai...

But in the long run in this hobby, it is usually DHT amps that are usually chosen as end game.

I have noticed that there has been a lacking market in tube headohone amps,
And these new amps are a breath of fresh air,
Because in the past you basically had to go DIY to have a great tube headphone amp.

I love tube amps and I think the Mogwai is really sweet.
Yet I could not imagine an amp like this Cayin for this price.
Hats off to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back