Cayin HA-1A users?
Jul 18, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil
Where are you guys!

Seems like not alot of people are using this amp now.

I've been using it for years now and i'm still very happy with it.

hmmm.

No worries mate - still here & lovin' my Cayin / 701 combo
cool.gif
. Haven't bothered to roll yet and in no real rush to do so.

Cheers,
Garry

Jul 18, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that's sounding shallow.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Wait till you see my main rig - my Harbeth C7's veneer matches my living room cabinets - my Pioneer 989's titanium finish matches my Primare amp's.....
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait till you see my main rig - my Harbeth C7's veneer matches my living room cabinets - my Pioneer 989's titanium finish matches my Primare amp's.....
biggrin.gif

Hoho. A Harbeth user i see.

Nothing wrong with wanting nice aesthetics IMO.

I use Acoustic Zen Adagios in my Speaker rig and i love the sheen of the polished wood.

If you're after looks and sound give the Yamamoto a shot? Supposedly good sound with a nice look exterior.

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #20 of 34
Actually, aesthetics is really personal and subjective. I personally like the functional & industrial look as this tends to date pretty well. ..no over-decorated or bling styling for me, so Yamamoto is not for me. I bought the C7 purely on sound quality though...not good looking but I was stunned on my very 1st audition.

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #21 of 34
Hey Wil i will also be a cayin user and i intend to get the max out of this little thing,

btw i'm also using RS1 and also named Will
wink.gif

good god there is so much diversity in the whole world !

hehehe

guess we could go tube shoppings someday

Sep 5, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #22 of 34
Stumbled upon this thread while searching for something else. Still quite happy with the Cayin HA-1A in all respects--in fact it's driving my Sextett right now.

Sep 5, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #23 of 34
Anyone been able to compare this to a Melos and able to comment if it's a step up or not?

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone been able to compare this to a Melos and able to comment if it's a step up or not?

Barry has a Melos Meistro. He might be able to tell you something.

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #25 of 34
i just sold my HA-1A a few days ago to fund a pair of hd650 and a Bijou amp i'm building. partnered with the K701, it's a very, very musically involving amp, and worth every penny. soundstage freaks take note as well. i miss it.

the only time i had any noise issues was when i used a power chord from a well known manufactuer that felines are rumored to enjoy using as scratching posts/hoses. go figure...

it may also be worth noting that i used the german-made RFT ECC82 in the 12AU7 spot, which are supposedly uber-quiet.

PACE

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Barry has a Melos Meistro. He might be able to tell you something.

Well I used to have a Melos Meistro and forgot to adjust my signature. Sold it because I thought I had too many amps (I know, what was I thinking?) and thought that the Cayin would be more versatile. I don't remember enough to offer a direct comparison - all I can say is that the Cayin is good enough that I don't miss the Melos.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Feb 24, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #27 of 34
I'm going to be reviving a thread here hopefully.

It seems to have a fair bit of grunt.. anyone tried an Audeze LCD-X with this? At 96 db @ 22 ohms, what do you think?

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #28 of 34
Just got my HA-1A today and already loving it. And that's with just a few hours on it! For my ears it matches very well with the HD650's right now. I will experiment with a few other headphones in the days to come. Seems very well made. Glad I bought it.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #29 of 34
Its been a few weeks now with the HA-1 and I am loving it. Still using stock tubes but feeding it with a Beresford Bushmaster DAC. Right now I am using my Q701's with this combo and it is just fantastic! I am listening to spanish guitar music as I type this and the attack and speed of this amp/dac combo is fantastic! I have a couple other amp/dac combos but this is the best for guitar music, bloody amazing.
I also have another Cayin headphone amp, the HA-2i. It is ss and sounds like a tube amp! Quite surprising. I am feeding it with a Rotel RDD-06 dac and it is a very good combo as well. Great value for money little amp. Looks amazing and has the Cayin build quality and great sound, highly recommended in it's price range. The big brother HA-1A sounds better to my ears, but not by much.
Anyway, very happy with my Cayin amps and recommend them with no reservation at all.
Cheers. 

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #30 of 34
I got mine last week and I already love it. I'm also using it with Sennheiser's HD650. Amazing sound and gorgeous design. 

Still using stock tubes but feeding it with a Beresford Bushmaster DAC. 

Are you think about changing the stock tubes? I've been reading a lot about it. Do you have anything in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back