Cayin Fantasy: Beryllium plated single dynamic IEM
Apr 27, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #16 of 90
For anyone who are interested in other Cayin products and especially DAPs, Cayin’s May announcement event will cover two new products: A new motherboard C01 for N6ii, and something special. :)

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #18 of 90
Apr 29, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #21 of 90
Good choice, with that as you DAP you have to get one hell of an IEM to match it :sunglasses:
No weak link there😉👍
Most importantly with C9 added it brings any iem or headphone to unexpected levels of ear candy 🍻🎶

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #22 of 90
If you've read my review of YB04 you know I loved it... and I am intrigued at this one!
I sure would love to write up a comparison :)

Surprisingly my initial impression suggest that Fantasy is more resolving than YB04, and it works very well with all my DAPs (all Cayin, as expected) and C9. Let's see if the Fantasy can bring your one step closer to Cayin IEM fan group. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 30, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #23 of 90
Are there any frequency response measurements available anywhere yet? This is interesting to me technically and price point.
Unfortunately we don't have a FR curve available for reference, but several reviewers should receive sample of our new IEM already, so we can expect impression from impartial third parties very soon, not sure if they will perform their own measurements, we offer complete free-hands to our reviewers, so its up to them to review the Fantasy with their own methodology.

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #24 of 90
I’m wondering how these will sound with the c9.

To certain extend, this probably is not the most important reference point because C9 makes a lot of IEM sounds extraordinary, and that certainly will include the Cayin Fantasy.

No weak link there😉👍
Most importantly with C9 added it brings any iem or headphone to unexpected levels of ear candy 🍻🎶

We did use C9 as one of the reference amplifier when we fine tune the sound signature of Fantasy, so you can expect the same will apply to Fantasy, this is almost inevitable. :grin:

Last edited:

Apr 30, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 90
Only 3.5 cable? Doesn't make sense since most of us will be pairing with Cayins own C9 and 4.4,2.5 is a must with adapter, everyone does that now and C definitely has all the parts in already

Cayin is one of the very few manufactures who take single-end output seriously. If you have C9, make sure you audition Fantasy with the original cable and a 3.5mm source. I have tried Fantasy with the 4.4mm balanced cable of YB04 against the original cable, and you really need to heard this in person before you make up your mind because they offer slightly different presentation instead of one is better than the other.

Apr 30, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #26 of 90
Fantasy A01 T01.jpg

I was rotating the N6ii Audio Motherboards with Fantasy today. The T01 is authoritative, it brings out the dynamic and slam of high quality DD perfectly but it is a bit bright on the top, if I want to listen to an album peaceful with a cup of Earl Grey, I'll prefer A01. The Fantasy might sound thin on some music genre with T01, but the A01 makes it enjoyable without scarifying a lot on the resolving top end of Fantasy.

Last edited:

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #27 of 90
Fantasy_SalesGuide_eng_04.jpgFantasy_SalesGuide_eng_03.jpg

We spend a lot of time and resource to refine the Be-plated dynamic driver for Fantasy. We have experimented pure Beryllium diaphragm and was amazed how goods modern IEM dynamic drivers can achieve. Unfortunately pure Beryllium is out of our reach if we want to keep Fantasy at below $1K bracket. We tried our best to make Fantasy as close to pure Beryllium driver as possible within our product budget. We believe we have achieved a lot already, but its up to reviewers and users to endorse the result. Let's hope we'll find out by sometimes next month.

Wait ... we are only hours away from next months. :grin:

Apr 30, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #28 of 90
Cayin is one of the very few manufactures who take single-end output seriously. If you have C9, make sure you audition Fantasy with the original cable and a 3.5mm source. I have tried Fantasy with the 4.4mm balanced cable of YB04 against the original cable, and you really need to heard this in person before you make up your mind because they offer slightly different presentation instead of one is better than the other.
The whole 4.4 situation has been bugging me lately as 3.5 seems to sound more.. Well.. Normal somehow, there's more power in balanced, but I'm not sure theres always a sound benefit.
C9 sounds fantastic out of 3.5 indeed and now you mentioned it it's great that Cayin takes SE seriously.
Thanks

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #29 of 90
Fantasy A01 T01.jpg

I was rotating the N6ii Audio Motherboards with Fantasy today. The T01 is authoritative, it brings out the dynamic and slam of high quality DD perfectly, but if I want to listen to an album peaceful with a c up of Earl Grey, I'll prefer A01. The Fantasy might sound thin on some music genre with T01, but the A01 makes it enjoyable without scarifying a lot on the resolving top end of Fantasy.
Have you tried it with the E02?
I know it is 4.4mm, but I don't have the other motherboards and I hope there will be a match between the N6ii and the Fantasy. I am looking for a reason to get the Fantasy and if the E02 pairs great, I am close to pull the trigger.

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #30 of 90
I was rotating the N6ii Audio Motherboards with Fantasy today. The T01 is authoritative, it brings out the dynamic and slam of high quality DD perfectly, but if I want to listen to an album peaceful with a c up of Earl Grey, I'll prefer A01. The Fantasy might sound thin on some music genre with T01, but the A01 makes it enjoyable without scarifying a lot on the resolving top end of Fantasy.
If you find the time to write your impressions with Cayin N3Pro (tube mode 3.5) then that would be great :beerchug: Of course you're a bit biased but we can handle that :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back