Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #3,076 of 6,249
Why ? You no longer seek Shaling M30 ?
No, I have enough gears indeed. May save up a bit for the M Scaler later and that's all of my setup.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #3,078 of 6,249
Arriving tomorrow, lets see how much it'll beat BX2plus with iems mostly 🤔😉
Congrats! What is your pairing source?

I would say synergy between IEMs and C9/BX2 is important. The good thing is that C9 has so many modes to explore: line vs. pre, tube vs. SS, and class A vs. AB; 8 possible combos here already. :wink: So hopefully you can find the mode that best suits your taste.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #3,080 of 6,249
Congrats! What is your pairing source?

I would say synergy between IEMs and C9/BX2 is important. The good thing is that C9 has so many modes to explore: line vs. pre, tube vs. SS, and class A vs. AB; 8 possible combos here already. :wink: So hopefully you can find the mode that best suits your taste.
I have P6Pro, some use it that way i see, but somehow I'm begging to think Kann Alpha might be a better line out source, A&K have always been better at LO than most, very clean.
Mest 2 becomes a little muddied (stronge word) with BX2plus vs Direct from P6Pro, yet it does add a good lower end body too, so hoping I'll get a better result with C9, for the money it should take me for Michelin Meal too lol

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #3,081 of 6,249
I have bx2. For driving HEDDphone, c9 is much better than bx2. This is better than bx2.
As expected! Thanks! So far the WA-8 is holding it own game :)
No, I have enough gears indeed. May save up a bit for the M Scaler later and that's all of my setup.
Very nice! And here I don’t know why I am so curious about M30 lol

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #3,082 of 6,249
As expected! Thanks! So far the WA-8 is holding it own game :)

Very nice! And here I don’t know why I am so curious about M30 lol
So WA8 better than C9?
I have W11, i think its great, but will prob sell it now

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #3,083 of 6,249
I have P6Pro, some use it that way i see, but somehow I'm begging to think Kann Alpha might be a better line out source, A&K have always been better at LO than most, very clean.
Mest 2 becomes a little muddied (stronge word) with BX2plus vs Direct from P6Pro, yet it does add a good lower end body too, so hoping I'll get a better result with C9, for the money it should take me for Michelin Meal too lol
P6 Pro is an excellent source for C9! I know I have shared this pic multiple times, but why not once more.
A366A71C-F43A-4F0F-957A-83C183CCCE11.jpeg

If you enjoy P6 Pro’s sound signature, make sure you also try C9’s pre mode as well; it preserves the DAP’s sound signature and significantly elevates it from there. Of course, the exploration will start from the standard line mode. :)

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #3,084 of 6,249
P6 Pro is an excellent source for C9! I know I have shared this pic multiple times, but why not once more.

If you enjoy P6 Pro’s sound signature, make sure you also try C9’s pre mode as well; it preserves the DAP’s sound signature and significantly elevates it from there. Of course, the exploration will start from the standard line mode. :)
Super, thanks for the tip, can't wait to get higher😁☝️🍻
Any special advice on charging?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #3,085 of 6,249
Congrats on the new toy!! Amazing setup and pic from you as always.

Hmm, a new toy again, and we haven’t reached May. :smirk:

Heheh! Well done! How is the Focal Stella ?

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #3,086 of 6,249
Super, thanks for the tip, can't wait to get higher😁☝️🍻
Any special advice on charging?
Use a dedicated charger for it. That’s the simplest way to protect C9 and your source.

Generally, I have used C9 pretty much like my Phone. In the day I use it without charging it at the same time; C9 gets kind of hot when both using and charging it. At night before I go to sleep, I set it up with a dedicated charger.

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #3,088 of 6,249
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #3,089 of 6,249
Use a dedicated charger for it. That’s the simplest way to protect C9 and your source.

Generally, I have used C9 pretty much like my Phone. In the day I use it without charging it at the same time; C9 gets kind of hot when both using and charging it. At night before I go to sleep, I set it up with a dedicated charger.
Understood and thanks 👍

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #3,090 of 6,249
So WA8 better than C9?
I have W11, i think its great, but will prob sell it now
I would say WA8 is warmer, lively, fluid and smoother than C9. The bass extends deeper. Typical tube amp sound. But the attack and resolution of C9 is better than WA8. C9 still sounds a bit SS sound and amplifies the faults of the source. WA8 would smooth edgy sound of bad sources. I EQed C9 around 30hz by 6db and 60hz to 1~2 db to make it sound similar to WA8. After EQ, C9 sounds very very good, sometimes better than WA8. WA8 is warmer and I am used to WA8 sound so I am biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back