Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Mar 23, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #2,446 of 6,249
With the approval from Cayin, I am sharing a pic of the current production line of C9. It is a semi-automated machine to install the back glass/cover of C9. This machine is developed by Cayin themselves. It has also been used to install and secure the displays in other Cayin devices.
FE082F32-343B-44D8-949F-4AD7EA108E02.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #2,447 of 6,249
Some more pics to follow. The production of C9 is at full speed now. Pre-order units have started to be shipped out since yesterday. It is expected that all the 300 pre-order units can be made and shipped out by next Wednesday.
EACE25AC-9E24-4A39-A747-F539496E997C.jpeg
7AD16F09-A988-49D9-A286-66126F95979B.jpeg
F57DD718-14CA-4A01-9132-E40790AF0871.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #2,449 of 6,249
Are the leather cases being shipped out as well?
Very soon! The leather case has been launched in China already. I think it is more a matter of time for Andrew to receive them.

Also, the battery tray will be available very soon, right after the pre-order units have all been shipped out.

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #2,451 of 6,249
Mar 24, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #2,452 of 6,249
I have been lurking in several Hifi groups, not just Cayin. :sunglasses: Happy to keep everyone posted.
Haha yes, I’ve seen you in the Luxury Precision W2 thread. Just teasin’ :o2smile:

Thanks for helping and supporting the community, we all appreciate your generosity!

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #2,453 of 6,249
Very soon! The leather case has been launched in China already. I think it is more a matter of time for Andrew to receive them.

Also, the battery tray will be available very soon, right after the pre-order units have all been shipped out.
20210324_144000.jpg

Got my leather case last week. Perfect fit with top class workmanship, and the heat dissipator works well too.

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #2,454 of 6,249
20210324_144000.jpg
Got my leather case last week. Perfect fit with top class workmanship, and the heat dissipator works well too.
May I ask where you sourced your leather case from please?

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #2,455 of 6,249
May I ask where you sourced your leather case from please?
It is being sold by major dealers in Hong Kong so can get it quite easily here.

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #2,456 of 6,249
It is being sold by major dealers in Hong Kong so can get it quite easily here.
Ok. Thanks. I will try to locate the major dealers in Hong Kong and see if they can ship to the UK.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #2,457 of 6,249

How does the heat dissipate if it isn’t being conducted from an anodized surface to another metal surface by an efficient thermal conductor like thermal paste ?

I logically think it would be more trapped inside rather than dissipating, and the case is just for looking pretty. Now if you take this and put in your backpack then it is another heat accumulation instance as well

Ofcourse with the powerful heat being generated on my hand in class A and Tube combo, it would try to vent and dissipate itself as much as possible. The proof is that after 2 hours under this mode, the chassis toward the battery tray is Also heated up. So when using the case and seeing “a little heat” doesn’t mean this much heat is being vented out, but rather being trapped in and it is just trying to get out.

Anyways, this case will work if you peel away the aluminum fins, put the case over and then thermal paste heat sinks in replacements to the aluminum fins. However, by using thermal paste and heat sinks alone would be a much better alternative for heat dissipation.....except it doesn’t have that nice looking of the case

When can I expect my battery module ? And how much ? @bluestorm1992

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #2,458 of 6,249
How does the heat dissipate if it isn’t being conducted from an anodized surface to another metal surface by an efficient thermal conductor like thermal paste ?

I logically think it would be more trapped inside rather than dissipating, and the case is just for looking pretty. Now if you take this and put in your backpack then it is another heat accumulation instance as well

Ofcourse with the powerful heat being generated on my hand in class A and Tube combo, it would try to vent and dissipate itself as much as possible. The proof is that after 2 hours under this mode, the chassis toward the battery tray is Also heated up. So when using the case and seeing “a little heat” doesn’t mean this much heat is being vented out, but rather being trapped in and it is just trying to get out.

Anyways, this case will work if you peel away the aluminum fins, put the case over and then thermal paste heat sinks in replacements to the aluminum fins. However, by using thermal paste and heat sinks alone would be a much better alternative for heat dissipation.....except it doesn’t have that nice looking of the case

Shall try to perform some experiment by using my infra red thermometer (a must have under COVID time) for operating temperature with and without the case.

Mar 24, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #2,459 of 6,249

I would say early next month. The price is not going to be too cheap as the tray will include the complete protective circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back