Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted.
Jul 2, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #166 of 249
If you're thinking C5DAC, and what to stack with it, there's exciting news to report on the N5 DAP project. Check out the product updates from Cayin HERE.

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #167 of 249
Here is my review of the C5DAC:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-spark-c5-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/13500

Jul 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #168 of 249
Sorry, I'm running a bit behind on my evaluation of the C5DAC :frowning2:

In short, the C5DAC has reminded me why I fell in love with the original Cayin C5 amp's sound signature, given me a nice surprise or two, and has made me very eager to hear more from Cayin!

Soundsgoodtome: Can you please PM me your address, and I'll get it out to you when I get home this week.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #169 of 249
So what are competitors of this product? Only ones I can think of are the Fiio E18 and the Oppo HA2. What other some other options for people who want an portable amp dac? I want to know how the C5DAC stacks up.

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #170 of 249
So what are competitors of this product? Only ones I can think of are the Fiio E18 and the Oppo HA2. What other some other options for people who want an portable amp dac? I want to know how the C5DAC stacks up.

Onkyo, Shanling, and Teac all have similar products in their lineups. Out of those, I've only heard the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. The Shanling H3 is in the next tier up and is a pretty interesting product that needs some refinement. I'll be posting a review for it soon.

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #171 of 249
Received my unit from Cotnijoe today! Getting a listen now 
biggrin.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 10, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #175 of 249
Thanks nmatheis.

No problem. Thanks again for the opportunity!

Sorry my travel plans threw off the schedule a bit...

I'll get a review posted soon. The short and skinny is I found the C5DAC + iPhone very competitive with my mid-level DAPs. There were trade-offs to be sure, but it certainly made me stop and wonder about my portable strategy :blink:

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #179 of 249
I'm really looking forward to seeing what the N5 DAP brings to the table!

Very much in agreement. Looking forward to playing with the C5DAC, and to more updates on the N5.

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #180 of 249
So I just got the C5D today and that packaging was a nightmare. Please don't send actual retail units boxed that way...you'll have happier customers. I'm having some technical difficulties pairing this to my older Samsung Galaxy S3 with 4.4.2 Jelly Bean Android as a DAC. I've tried both Spotify and Neutron player, I've also tried restarting the phone with the DAC plugged in and still won't work. The furthest I got was being able to output somewhere else (because the speaker on the phone stopped playing while music was indicating that it was being played), however no audio was coming out of the amp section or the digital-out section of the C5D. Also while it the players showed it was playing, it was playing in FF.  Any suggestions to use this with my phone?

I will use it with a computer later which should be able to play fine via USB Dac mode.

*edit: computer picks up the DAC just fine and even drivers are signed stating it is a C5 DAC as opposed to some generic usb receiver chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back