Cavalli Liquid Gold
Sep 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #271 of 415
Then it seems to me they are doing experiments constantly, and treat their customers like laboratory rats. I would feel a little bit upset if I had bought an LAu...

Certainly doesn't help resale value. This is coming from a former LF owner and current LL owner too.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #272 of 415

Certainly doesn't help resale value. This is coming from a former LF owner and current LL owner too.

u have an LL? 

i thought u only had that KGGSSHHV amp thingy

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #274 of 415
i'm gonna guess that u will end up keeping the KGGSGSVH or get BHSE

biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #276 of 415

You mean the LAu MKII?

Just a pattern I've noticed:

LF then LF MKII announced (though yet to be released)
LL then LL MKII
LG then LG MKII

No MH is just being smarmy and forgot the sarcastic smiley. 

No LG mk II , No LAu mkII

LF will be a mark 2 but only after 4 - 5 runs of the first version and then mostly because of the new chassis design. LL was an upgraded chassis too and Alex decided to redesign the board which improved board capacitances - same amp but better and a new chassis . If you want to be a stickler, mark 2 because of new chassis , seeing as the circuit is the same . So no pattern just more "friendly" banter to spread more of whatever it is that seems to spread. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #277 of 415

No MH is just being smarmy and forgot the sarcastic smiley. 

No LG mk II , No LAu mkII

LF will be a mark 2 but only after 4 - 5 runs of the first version and then mostly because of the new chassis design. LL was an upgraded chassis too and Alex decided to redesign the board which improved board capacitances - same amp but better and a new chassis . If you want to be a stickler, mark 2 because of new chassis , seeing as the circuit is the same . So no pattern just more "friendly" banter to spread more of whatever it is that seems to spread. 

Hi Don:

I'm in a smarmy mood tonight....darn kids fought all night. So I'm taking it out on Head-Fi. 

I did happen to notice this however on the main Cavalli home page in the Announcements Section:

"Liquid Glass MKII is on target for shipping right after RMAF. We'll have a pre-production unit there too."

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #278 of 415
well someone is having fun with numbers then . I can assure you the LG is the same circuit - new board too as alex had to use a 4 layer board but the amp is the same amp as it was before. So don't be fooled. I will check in with Alex but LG owners have nothing to worry about , nothing is really changing - oh except for a little treat that will be dear to me. ( an easter egg as AC calls it ) 

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #280 of 415
I never kept count but iirc it was 30. Most people who have heard it have been blown away by how good it sounds. I think I said this before but it pained me to admit to Alex that it left my beloved LG in its wake. I can see why they were "snapped" up so quickly. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #281 of 415
  I never kept count but iirc it was 30. Most people who have heard it have been blown away by how good it sounds. I think I said this before but it pained me to admit to Alex that it left my beloved LG in its wake. I can see why they were "snapped" up so quickly. 

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #282 of 415
Hello gents. db has pointed out this inconsistency to me. So, to explain...

The LL2 is a sufficient change to have named it MKII.Particularly because of the entirely new enclosure design.

LG and LAu, however, were born with the new enclosure. I used the MKII label on the website to indicate the second production run. But it is the same electronics with just a change in the top ventilation pattern. So not really a MKII. It won't be labeled a MKII on the enclosure anywhere.

The second run of LAu (scheduled for early November) is identical to the first run. No MKII there.

I'll fix the website to remove the confusion.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #284 of 415
Then it seems to me they are doing experiments constantly, and treat their customers like laboratory rats. I would feel a little bit upset if I had bought an LAu...

Every company is constantly improving...lab rats implies you're getting an unfinished item which is just not the case with Cavalli.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #285 of 415
Every company is constantly improving...lab rats implies you're getting an unfinished item which is just not the case with Cavalli.

But at the same time, the company should also maintain a healthy product release cycle, which should not be too short. Anyway, as runeight has already explained what's gonna happen, there's no argue here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back