Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #391 of 2,966
  I really need to stop reading this thread.

I haven't even got my shipping confirmation yet and all I want to do is start burning in my Liquid Carbon...
frown.gif

+1.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #392 of 2,966
  Well, Kudos for everyone who made an early order and waited all this time, i made my order on September and i can hardly wait !!

Also, i was wondering how good will the carbon work with line out from a DAP like X5 or ZX2, as i don't have any standalone quality dac..

specially ZX2 if anyone owns it, as it has low output voltage and the lineout gives very low volume, i don't know how will this work out, i would normally like to run it from my daps, but if it can't do it any justice, what dac would be good in the range of 300-400$ ?

Thanks !

Yes!

The ZX2 works very well with the LC. As the LC is essentially very transparent, the character f the ZX2 comes through well. gain is no problem. I have it set to unity (1x) and it drives all my headphones (connected balanced) to high volumes easily. No 3x gain necessary...

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #393 of 2,966
HI   Headfi.org.

I just placed my order for a LC.  ????? Did i get one??   Their web site kept going blank with nothing in my cart?   I just kept trying till i got an order number?  I own many Pass made products.  I hope to compare these amps to this.  I know it kinda two worlds.  But??   Speakers and headphoes??   Amps make a difference!!!  

musicguy

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #394 of 2,966
Seems to me a Pass/LC comparison is kinda unfair...

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #395 of 2,966
HI   Headfi.org.

I just placed my order for a LC.  ????? Did i get one??   I own many Pass made products.  I hope to compare these amps to his.  I know it kinda two worlds.  But??   Speakers and headphoes??   Amps make a difference!!!  

musicguy
You should get a confirmation email from Cavalli with your order number. Give them a few days, but if you don't get the confirmation, email them to ask about it.

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #396 of 2,966
Probably at around 130 hours now.  This is an amazing little amp.  Great bass with much better soundstage.  I am going back and forth between LCD-X and ETHER.  While the jury is still out the edge goes to the X.  More controlled bottom end with a fuller all around sound.  Also just pulled the trigger on an Auralic Aries Mini.  I was looking for a second laptop for the bedroom which is where my system lives.  I did not want to spend 4 figures on a streamer.  The Mini is being offered for $549 with 1 free year of Tidal.  Got mine from Audio Advisor.  They have the white in stock with the black arriving 12/08.  Hope this is really what I want?

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #397 of 2,966
OK, but first, I'll start "What to have for Dinner before listening to and developing impressions on the Liquid Carbon", which will have to follow my "What to have for breakfast before deciding on what to have for dinner before listening and developing impressions on the Liquid Carbon" thread, but, before that...
:rolleyes:

I would prefer what wine to serve with your LC, commensurate with its point on the "kazilion hour break-in".
:wink:

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #398 of 2,966
OK, but first, I'll start "What to have for Dinner before listening to and developing impressions on the Liquid Carbon", which will have to follow my "What to have for breakfast before deciding on what to have for dinner before listening and developing impressions on the Liquid Carbon" thread, but, before that...
:rolleyes:

I would prefer what wine to serve with your LC, commensurate with its point on the "kazilion hour break-in".
:wink:

Always room for another thread, the "Wine matching for the LC" sounds like a winner thread...

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #399 of 2,966
Does Red or White wine go better with the LC...? Hmmmm...

(more of a beer man myself!)
:beerchug:

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #400 of 2,966
Dec 4, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #402 of 2,966
Developing a taste for scotch (which I need like a hole in my head, but, what the heck). :)

Dec 4, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #403 of 2,966
Probably at around 130 hours now.  This is an amazing little amp.  Great bass with much better soundstage.  I am going back and forth between LCD-X and ETHER.  While the jury is still out the edge goes to the X.  More controlled bottom end with a fuller all around sound.  Also just pulled the trigger on an Auralic Aries Mini.  I was looking for a second laptop for the bedroom which is where my system lives.  I did not want to spend 4 figures on a streamer.  The Mini is being offered for $549 with 1 free year of Tidal.  Got mine from Audio Advisor.  They have the white in stock with the black arriving 12/08.  Hope this is really what I want?

Have you received your mini yet? 95% of my music is now streamed and been looking for a small streamer (Tidal ideally) and was looking at the various RaspberryPi streamers but they didn't seem todo internet based steaming. This hpwever maybe exactly what I'm looking for.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #404 of 2,966
Whiskey is my choice.

Developing a taste for scotch (which I need like a hole in my head, but, what the heck).
smily_headphones1.gif

The fine folks from RHA introduced me to good Scotch whiskey at RMAF.  Now I have a bottle of whiskey that cost way too much and I know what all the fuss is about.  I still can't stand bourbon and such tho.

I'm going to bring them a bottle of mezcal when I see them at CES.  

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #405 of 2,966
Have you received your mini yet? 95% of my music is now streamed and been looking for a small streamer (Tidal ideally) and was looking at the various RaspberryPi streamers but they didn't seem todo internet based steaming. This hpwever maybe exactly what I'm looking for.

I just ordered today.  I have not used any streaming service to this point.  I was going to get a notebook to keep in the bedroom to use as a homeshare on ITunes.  Now I will get to stream from my desktop(all music ALAC ripped from CD) and find out what all the fuss about Tidal is about.  I know several people who rave about Tidal.  Audio Advisor has the white version in stock.  The black is supposed to come in on 12/08.  I ordered black so it will be about 11/14 days before I receive it.  Also already have an Ipad for the Lightning app so this made much more sense than buying another laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back