Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Nov 19, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #106 of 2,966
This thread simulates the impression of waiting for those who haven't been able to pre-order. Its like a review of the waiting process. Its different from waiting for other products. I can tell.  

Seriously, though, I've never been tempted to spend so much on an amp... It looks like its still available. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #107 of 2,966
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/787608/cavalli-audios-liquid-carbon-owners-impressions/90#post_12090839 layout=inline]This thread simulates the impression of waiting for those who haven't been able to pre-order. Its like a review of the waiting process. Its different from waiting for other products. I can tell.  [/CONTENTEMBED]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/787608/cavalli-audios-liquid-carbon-owners-impressions/90#post_12090839 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/787608/cavalli-audios-liquid-carbon-owners-impressions/90#post_12090839 layout=inline]Seriously, though, I've never been tempted to spend so much on an amp... It looks like its still available. [/CONTENTEMBED]

spent more on the MicroZOTL2 (about twice as much), the buzz on this had me jump in as well, curious how they compare IF I EVER GET IT FROM THE DELIVERY PEOPLE. :mad:

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #108 of 2,966
Sadly, I don't think impressions will flood yet.  I'm very cautious to say anything just because I've already heard changes (for the positive) and I'm only at hour 3...

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #109 of 2,966
At this point about 110 units have landed somewhere. Most of these are Fedex. The rest of those should land fairly soon. The USPS shipments (a much smaller number) should arrive over the next week.

So, there are quite a few amps out there in people's hands to get a wide set of impressions.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #110 of 2,966
  Sadly, I don't think impressions will flood yet.  I'm very cautious to say anything just because I've already heard changes (for the positive) and I'm only at hour 3...

I've given my impressions earlier but I feel they may not have been well received. In single ended mode using HE400S, X2s and other HPs the LC sounds equivalent to my Schiit Asgard 2. As an Objectivist at heart I expected this to be the case.

In balanced mode I've listened to the LC with HD650s and HD800s. Again I hear little difference from amp to amp. This comparison may be apples and oranges as the LC is the only balanced amp I currently own.

I've had the LC running virtually continuously since it's arrival on Saturday.  

It's a wonderful amp with features and capabilities I lack on other amps. I purchased it for those capabilities and certainly feel I've gotten my money's worth. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #111 of 2,966

That's the point. What are the impressions from start to end? I'm a bit later in the cue and can wait for my shipment notice but I just think it's funny that an impressions thread gets chalk full with everything but impressions, regardless of how many people have one yet. If it were me I'd post the shipping and general talk in the other threads and try to keep this one for getting a sense of what to expect with the amp.

I want to be clear that I'm not complaining about it at all, just making an observation on the state of things that inevitably happens when an impressions thread opens in the early stages.

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #112 of 2,966
That's the point. What are the impressions from start to end? I'm a bit later in the cue and can wait for my shipment notice but I just think it's funny that an impressions thread gets chalk full with everything but impressions, regardless of how many people have one yet. If it were me I'd post the shipping and general talk in the other threads and try to keep this one for getting a sense of what to expect with the amp.

I want to be clear that I'm not complaining about it at all, just making an observation on the state of things that inevitably happens when an impressions thread opens in the early stages.

Well okay.  I'll say this, its smaller and lighter then expected.  It weighs about the same as my HiFi-M8, and I was surprised.  It also gets warmer then I expected, so one might consider not stacking.  And that's most likely good advice anyways because of the lack of feet, and it will scratch/scuff whatever you put it on top of...

I'm using my MDR-Z7, so I'm sure you others with your TOTLs might experience things differently.  Luckily all my headphones are balanced so even though I'm burning the amp in while listening, I can stay away from single ended burn in, just like Alex recommends.

My first album was the new Nate Ratliff and the Night Sweats album.  And as a green amp, I was hearing the vocals as greatly recessed.  And to add to that point, the soundstaging was "smooshed" in front but better spaced to the sides.  I decided to fiddle with my HiFi-M8's setting (a little less hot), and dropped the gain on the LC.  And things improved somewhat.  I finished that album and I was noticing how crisp the percussion instruments were.  The clapping was so strong it almost started sounding just a touch wet, but not in a bad way.  All was quite engaging.

I went back to this album after a couple more hours and the vocals and soundstage improved a noticed bit.  Which is why I'm far from reserving judgement.

Also, I noticed some odor coming from the LC.  I assume its just the amp components settling in for the task at hand.

Please take everything with a grain of salt, this amp has 197 hours to go.....

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #113 of 2,966
Frankly, as far as this being an impressions thread, I'm not sure why this little baby needs THREE threads. People will randomly post wherever they happen to be in at any point, any way. Is there any reason impressions couldn't be in the regular Liquid Carbon thread? Why have to click back and forth between the 3 different threads? Seems silly to me, but that's just me...

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #114 of 2,966
Frankly, as far as this being an impressions thread, I'm not sure why this little baby needs THREE threads. People will randomly post wherever they happen to be in at any point, any way. Is there any reason impressions couldn't be in the regular Liquid Carbon thread? Why have to click back and forth between the 3 different threads? Seems silly to me, but that's just me...

A counter argument is that if I want impressions and not a whole bunch of random discussions I know to come here and not have to go through pages and pages of irrelevant posts. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #115 of 2,966
T
A counter argument is that if I want impressions and not a whole bunch of random discussions I know to come here and not have to go through pages and pages of irrelevant posts. 

I totally agree. Impressions thread is just that!

It's hard to keep people on topic on most threads. On an impressions thread, it (should) be much easier.

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #116 of 2,966
I think most of the people who received their LC are still burning in their units..my 2 units are received now by the courier and hopefully will fly over the weekend so I can receive it next week.

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #117 of 2,966
Doesn't matter to me, but from hanging around these threads for a while now, seems a fantasy that people will stay meticulously on topic. Why, even the Deals Thread had to be closed down multiple times because of discussion, and eventually the mods just gave up and created a Deals Discussion thread, sanctioning the other discussion that happens anyway. Human nature, I suppose.

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #118 of 2,966
The Eagle…I repeat…The Eagle has landed! 

It will now sit in a corner and stew like a naughty boy for 4 days, until it is ready to come out and play nice with the big boys 
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #119 of 2,966
One thing though, mine has the labels put on upside down….maybe it will become a collector's model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back