Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #121 of 2,966
  One thing though, mine has the labels put on upside down….maybe it will become a collector's model.

In fact, you are looking at the back side. Everyone knows the on-off switch is on the back.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #122 of 2,966
  In fact, you are looking at the back side. Everyone knows the on-off switch is on the back.

Ohhh…that's what it is…thanks.

Has anyone had any luck trying to find the digital manual .url that is advertised in the box. The link doesn't work for me on any device.

https://www.cavalliaudio/liquidcarbon/manual

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #125 of 2,966
Nov 20, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #128 of 2,966
The LC has been running now for about 7 hours.  I listened to one album (Steely Dan- Gaucho) and then let it burn for another 5 hours.  Just finished Don Henley Cass County.  I am hearing basically the same signature as the prototype I had for a week in September.  Great dynamics with fine detail and what I like to call presence.  If the LC improves with more use over the next 150 hours the production unit will surpass the prototype I got to try out.  This is a great amp!

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #129 of 2,966
Is the sound refined...microdetails?
Microdetails? Yes, in buckets. Listening with my Macbook Pro and audirvana via usb attached to my emotiva dac 1. Then balanced outputs from emotiva to the LC. HD800 balanced phones. Loaded for balanced bear. In one of Lady Gaga's full blown dance numbers, there is a pause in the action for a short spoken word moment. She says 'I can't believe I'm telling you this but I've had a couple of drinks and oh my God'. Lovely. When I listen to my Master 11 the song sounds like you are 8-10 rows back immersed in the music. In the spoken piece Gaga voice sounds intimate and unified with the whole track. Switch to the Emotiva / LC combo and you are right in front of Gaga. Of course I can hear her voice but I hear the resonance of the microphone, the air of the room and her lips parting. Microdetails. The amp is incredibly musical at the same time. This amp simply swings. Foot tapping rocking back and forth. Lots of Bass with the hd800's. Listening to this setup is like looking thru a glass egg and seeing all the colors and bubbles.
Refined? Probably but refined is wearing a tux. Refined is killing with the edge instead of the tip. This thing is a perfectly pressed Shark skin suit containing Noki Edwards.

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #130 of 2,966
Is the sound refined...microdetails?

Yes and yes.
At the same time an amp like the Cavalli Liquid Fire is more refined and lets you hear more microdetails. So it depends on where you set your standard for refinement and microdetails. The people with the big Cavalli amps needn't fear that their big amps have been matched by a little amp.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #132 of 2,966
Is it smooth in the treble?

A little bright out of the box...but as with most of my quality components, I'm sure it will tame after some hours.

If I was asked to pick one asset that this amp excels in right out of the box, is an amazing amount of detail retrieval! I haven't been able to put my finger on it yet, but there is something going on in the sound signature,
that it is allowing the Carbon to produce crystal clean, satisfying mids. It might be the fact that the upper bass frequencies (~200 - 1000?) aren't bloated or boomy, and they aren't mucking down the mid-range frequencies.

This will take some seriously dedicated, further investigative techniques. It's a tough job that will take hours of dedication, but hell, someone has to do it
smile.gif

This must be the famous "Cavalli house sound" that I've been hearing of.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #133 of 2,966
Delivery attempt #2 this morning, again when my wife was out of the house (and she's home a lot), one more try tomorrow. I wouldn't mind them leaving it, they don't allow it, must be signed for. !@!*!#&^$%#&@$^*#&^!!!!!

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #134 of 2,966
Delivery attempt #2 this morning, again when my wife was out of the house (and she's home a lot), one more try tomorrow. I wouldn't mind them leaving it, they don't allow it, must be signed for. !@!*!#&^$%#&@$^*#&^!!!!!

How close are you to the Fedex station?

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #135 of 2,966
Lol! This thread is turning out to be like the other LC threads. Where's the initial impressions? Burn in impressions? Pairing impressions?

Aaaaarg, waiting........ I have no patience is my impression so far. Gotta live through current owners in the mean time. :)

IMPRESSIONS are to be early to post while most owners are still waiting for their LCs. NEED MORE TIMES!!!
Patience.

IMPRESSIONS

Edit: The word impressions looks funny after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back