Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,641 of 2,966
It's a bit different as Chord does not sanction the Massdrop sales of the Mojo and has said they will not provide warranty from grey market Massdrop sales of the Mojo.

Edit: crosspost with @Mediahound

I see this whole thing similar to the Sennheiser HD6XX sales on Massdrop, but then again I sold my Liquid Carbon a while ago but can understand the re-sale perspective. We'll just have to see how different the two amps are and hopefully Alex will chime in with a response...
Interesting point. Does that mean that the warranty comes from Cavalli then, or does Massdrop warranty their own sales? Thanks!

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #2,642 of 2,966
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #2,644 of 2,966
Interesting point. Does that mean that the warranty comes from Cavalli then, or does Massdrop warranty their own sales? Thanks!

Good question. Massdrop claims to provide the warranty with the Mojo but I don't see how unless they would just replace units. If Cavalli would post a response it would be best for the thread regarding Warranty as I wouldn't want to guess.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #2,645 of 2,966
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #2,646 of 2,966
Good question. Massdrop claims to provide the warranty with the Mojo but I don't see how unless they would just replace units. If Cavalli would post a response it would be best for the thread regarding Warranty as I wouldn't want to guess.

Massdrop is supplying the warranty on the cavalli products that they manufacture.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #2,647 of 2,966
There ya go... Thanks Alex. :)

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,648 of 2,966
Massdrop is supplying the warranty on the cavalli products that they manufacture.
Any sonic difference between the old V1 and V2 vs the Carbon X? Please share your thoughts.

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #2,649 of 2,966
If I remember correctly, lifetime warranty was only for v1.

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #2,650 of 2,966
I didn't ever get to compare v1 and v2, but my understanding is that the change in v2 was mostly involving the single ended output.

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #2,651 of 2,966
So is the gear good...or is just everyone pissed they are not so hoity toity now? Down market.....blah blah blah. If they are slacking I would understand but if you're just upset because they are marketing to a larger less "exclusive" crowd....well I do not buy my audio gear is about my ears...not my wallet or stature.
Can you explain what you meant by the above bolded fragment?
I am sincerely confused. Normally I can figure out such, not this time? So what is your point?

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #2,652 of 2,966
With Massdrop, they will take a Cavalli design and oversee the manufacture and quality control of the item they are selling. Cavalli will not be involved in the manufacturing process, only the design. That has been my understanding of the Massdrop process. Ironically, I mostly use the 3.5mm input and the RSA output on my LC!

Interesting quote from the Cavalli 2017 thread:
TSAVJason says<

"It definitely has the Cavalli audio signature and even if it were made here by Cavalli it would still be about the same price. In fact knowing Alex as I do, possibly less than Massdrop is selling it for. It is a design clearly pointed at price but at $299 is a good product. It is not by any means as good aa a carbon but it's good like you'd expect from any of Alex's designs."

Sep 12, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #2,653 of 2,966
Can you explain what you meant by the above-bolded fragment?
I am sincerely confused. Normally I can figure out such, not this time? So what is your point?
Yeah...multi tasking while writing. I think I completed a sentence in my head then posted the rest. (Ok...ok...you got me!!!) What I mean to type was that I buy my audio gear FOR my ears, not for my stature or walled (meaning resale value). I intend on using it till I find something considerably better.....and I know I will have to sell the old gear for pennies on the dollar or even give it to deserving friends or family.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #2,654 of 2,966
They (Massdrop) specifically say it is their warranty.

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #2,655 of 2,966
Interesting quote from the Cavalli 2017 thread:
TSAVJason says<

"It definitely has the Cavalli audio signature and even if it were made here by Cavalli it would still be about the same price. In fact knowing Alex as I do, possibly less than Massdrop is selling it for. It is a design clearly pointed at price but at $299 is a good product. It is not by any means as good aa a carbon but it's good like you'd expect from any of Alex's designs."

I might be wrong, and Jason can clarify, but I think he was just confused and was referring to the CTH and not the Carbon. Based on a few posts around that time, I don't think he knew the Carbon was coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back